Author Topic: Disc Emulation  (Read 4025 times)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: Disc Emulation
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 11:47:44 PM »
turn on the security emulation in deamon tools

Offline (TLL)martinroshak

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 10:53:46 AM »
Makes sense, in fact, I think my mate was trying to fiddle with that the other day.  But now I can't find it myself to turn it on :/
Laptop | M11x R1 | C2D U7300 @ 1.6ghz | 4gb DDR3 | GT 335M 1gb | Seagate Momentus XT 500gb Hybrid | Razer Orochi | Razer Kabuto

Desktop | Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 | Corsair HX-650 | C2D E7400 @ 2.8ghz | 4gb DDR2 RAM | 500gb Seagate 7,200rpm | XFX HD 5770 1gb | 2x Alienware OptX 23" 3D HD Monitor | Logitech X-540 Speakers | Alienware TactX Mouse | Alienware TactX Keyboard

Offline -AAA-

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +58/-1
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 12:20:39 AM »
Right-click the tray icon, go to Preferences.  On the Advanced tab is where you'll find all the security emulation options.

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +148/-2
  • The HNIC of Toast is too baller for avatars.
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 05:20:15 AM »
That most likely still will not work. When my DVD drive busted I was forced to make a mini image. The copy protection problem I ran into was the same as the OP is experiencing. Even if you enable Securom on daemon tools, Crysis will then detect that emulation software is running. Once again preventing you from booting the game. What you need to do is download. YASU.

If you run into errors where YASU is saying that you need a specific missing DLL, or exe just make duplicates of the ones that are "close" and then rename them to what YASU is asking. Also you may need to add additional virtual drives in order to get YASU to cloak the one you have the image mounted on. Once you have the correct one cloaked you will need to unmount the uneeded drives to run the game.

YASU will cloak your drives, preventing Crysis from seeing your emulated drive, and allow you to boot the game.

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?f=YASU_1.6_9040!zip

If you have any additional questions let me know. Just understand I am helping with this, because you seem to be a legit user. I am not down to help people pirate this game.

Oh and here is a tutortial on how to make a mini image. This way you dont waste all the HDD space on a 5gb ISO on top of a the game install.

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f20/how-make-crysis-mini-image-20136/

You will need Alcohol 120% for that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:43:57 AM by TheWolf »

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
If you have any additional questions let me know. Just understand I am helping with this, because you seem to be a legit user. I am not down to help people pirate this game.

Thanks so much for all that mate!  I'll give it a go when I next have the chance to sit down and fiddle.  I'm guessing with Alcohol 120% I can do that using the trial...?  Or will I have to (or, better yet, is it more beneficial) to just buy it?  Also, yup, I'm a completely legit user, will be owning all the games I'm imaging :)

Will get back to you all success or not-quite success!
Laptop | M11x R1 | C2D U7300 @ 1.6ghz | 4gb DDR3 | GT 335M 1gb | Seagate Momentus XT 500gb Hybrid | Razer Orochi | Razer Kabuto

Desktop | Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 | Corsair HX-650 | C2D E7400 @ 2.8ghz | 4gb DDR2 RAM | 500gb Seagate 7,200rpm | XFX HD 5770 1gb | 2x Alienware OptX 23" 3D HD Monitor | Logitech X-540 Speakers | Alienware TactX Mouse | Alienware TactX Keyboard

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »

Thanks so much for all that mate!  I'll give it a go when I next have the chance to sit down and fiddle.  I'm guessing with Alcohol 120% I can do that using the trial...?  Or will I have to (or, better yet, is it more beneficial) to just buy it?  Also, yup, I'm a completely legit user, will be owning all the games I'm imaging :)

Honestly Alcohol 120% is so good its worth buying just for the ease of getting updated versions. It's that good.

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 01:43:47 AM »

Honestly Alcohol 120% is so good its worth buying just for the ease of getting updated versions. It's that good.

Mmmm, in that case I'll definitely consider it.  How does the licensing work?  As I have two computers I regularly use (laptop and PC) and will probably be looking at getting another in a few years time...?  Is there limits as to how many downloads you can make?

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 04:42:41 AM »

Mmmm, in that case I'll definitely consider it.  How does the licensing work?  As I have two computers I regularly use (laptop and PC) and will probably be looking at getting another in a few years time...?  Is there limits as to how many downloads you can make?

Honestly not sure. Never had to install it on multiple PCs.

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 07:56:45 AM »
Just asking: is what you're trying to do (bypassing copy protection) legal in your country?
It isn't in germany!

Since essentially you are making a copy of that game, which is copyprotected...
I know it's stupid, but that's germany...

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
Being perfectly honest, no idea.  Although I do know that disc emulation is a very commonly practiced method of using discs on netbooks over here in Oz... so yeah.  I can see why it wouldn't be considered legal in some circumstances, but I own the game, and if that's how I'm gonna play it, then that's what I'm gonna do :P

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 08:38:43 AM »
Just asking: is what you're trying to do (bypassing copy protection) legal in your country?
It isn't in germany!

I wouldn't worry about that. Stupid laws exist to be broken.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »
It isn't in germany!

If he is in the US, it is legal to create 1 backup, of any digital media you own.

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »
It isn't in germany!

If he is in the US, it is legal to create 1 backup, of any digital media you own.

Australia, pretty sure we run under similar laws in these regards, but I'd have to look further into it to know for sure.

Offline spaz

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »
I messed with this a bit since this thread started. Since dvd swapping can lead to a scratched unusable dvd over time and it is a hell of a lot easier to mount an image than to dig through a stack of dvds. The one thing that is weird, is when using either the full alcohol image or the mini-image mounted on DT-Lite leads to a loss in the use of the joystick I use when piloting aeros. When booted off of the dvd I have full use of the joystick, but when I use one of the images the stick,slider,and rudder control will not function (all of the buttons still work).  I tried creating a separate controller configuration, but that did not work. I could be hardware or driver related so it may affect others and it may not. If you are wondering my Current setup is :

System setup:
Windows 7 x64
Core i7 920 D0
Alcohol 120% v 2.0.0.1331 (used to make images with securom options enabled)
DT-Lite 4.35.6
Asus P6T Deluxe ( Intel ICH10R for south-bridge controlling usb)
12 GB DDR3 Corsair ram @ approx 1066 (yes I do need 12 GB for some of the work done on the computer)
Radeon HD 4890
Dvd Drive: Pioneer DVR-217DBK
Joystick: Thrustmaster  ' Topgun Afterburner 2'  (Essentially an older version of the Hotas)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:40:00 PM by spaz »

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 06:22:56 PM »
Very interesting, as I couldn't get that very same Joystick to work on my game...
I never even considered this to be a problem with my mounted image o.o

Gonna try my DVD...  soon as I find it again xD

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.