Author Topic: Huit armor scale  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Makaan

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-4
  • Destroying your mechs with da spoon
Huit armor scale
« on: August 01, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
From what i read huit armor is suppose to be a "mere five and a half tons" based on lore talk of it as a AAA or Artillary platform, yet ingame it has the armor it seems of a 10-15 ton armored vechical and even Tbolts firebombs and concentrated fire seems to render it has a misappropriate amount of armor allocated from the last patching.

Just going to ask will this be change to make it into the tin can its suppose to me

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Huitzilopochtli

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
Re: Huit armor scale
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »
The Huit is canonically slow.

From Sarna.net

"The Clan disdain for both artillery and combat vehicles led the Huitzilopochtli to be built around an ICE, which can only propel it to 32 km/h. It is so slow that it is often moved by DropShip, prompting a questioning of what its designers considered "mobile artillery." Designers also skimped on armor protection, with a mere five and a half tons considered adequate for a unit that should be kilometers away from the battle. The Huey was again snubbed with the usage of standard armor, though an ECM Suite makes it difficult to locate and protects it from enemy electronics."

Vehicles in MWLL do not use ICE engines due to the issues that would create with our current balance tables, so the Huit gains some additional pod space in our game vs canon.  Also, we gave our Huit a MASSIVE amount of armour compared to canon simply because it would suck a great deal to spend several minutes getting out to the battlefield only to get immolated by a single AC20 to the rear armour.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
Re: Huit armor scale
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:16:05 PM »
once again- we try to stick to cannon but i can point out dozens of things that aren't

I make people earn their checks ;)