Author Topic: Mechwarrior 5 seit über einem Jahr nix neues?  (Read 28212 times)

Offline MekBeth

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • "Just be nice" - God
Re: Mechwarrior 5 seit über einem Jahr nix neues?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 11:18:28 AM »
Matt, once more you make my day  ;D TY
And: Once more we have a proof for the statement: Integration starts with the language.
It's Battletech - not Logitech

Lyran Assault Scout Headbangers

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
@Matthew: Besides the language issues, good post, thx for your time adn effort providing us some real informations besides the usual 'urban myths' around the topic.

But still funny to read.  ;D

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »
Wenn jemand Hilfe mit Übersetzungen braucht, dann kann man gerne mich zum Beispiel fragen . .
Weil ehrlich gesagt, ich verstehe englisch sehr viel besser als von Maschinen übersetztes Deutsch O.o

If someone needs help with translating from german to english or the other way around, you could, for example, ask me . .
Because, honestly? I have less trouble with english than with the bastardization of a language that occurs using machine translations @.@
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
I thought I wasn't allowed to use english. Otherwise I would have just answered the damn questions in english.
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
Well, most germans have a basic grasp on english at least, due to it being tought in school from 4th grade upwards i think . .
And if someone cries over it, so be it . . This is technically for people who are not comfortable using english, but i don't think that means english is forbidden in here. And if someone had not understood the answer, someone else would probably have translated it or at least told them what it was supposed to mean
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

Offline MekBeth

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • "Just be nice" - God
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
Todays kids learn their first steps in English in kindergarten and grammar school (depends on the land).
It's Battletech - not Logitech

Lyran Assault Scout Headbangers

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
Alrighty then, well if someone does complain, could someone help me out and try to translate what they aren't understanding? I feel like I'm really neglecting much of the international community, and like I said in horribly broken german we got a TON of german BT fans. It seems silly not to hang out with you guys.

But yeah, the designs were "borrowed" and if you follow the times of the late 80's early 90's we were really entering the age of globalization. Now copyright in Japan actually mattered in the US and vice versa. So what was once barely legal, became illegal.

I mean, check it out. This was one of our first magazines, Battletechnology.
[/img]

However, things in recent era have gotten out of hand. In the last ten years copyright infringement has become the cry of the time. People are now so clamped on an idea that absolutely nothing else can resemble it whatsoever. It used to be that if we made our mechs 20% different from the rip offs itd be ok. So we did. The Warhammer, Marauder, Wasp, ect. you probably know and love is actually a modification to look 20% different. Many of these small redesigns became the more iconic mechs of the BT universe.

However, that's apparently not good enough in 2009, and its fractured the Battletech ip. Right now its in so many fragments, it looks like it will really be 3050 by the time we put together all the pieces. Unless copyright law stops being so constrictive. The chance of future BT material seems slim.
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
* Stahlseele wants his unseen back ._.
Win7Ultimate64

Offline TAVE Huecke

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »
ähm,

ich will nicht nörgeln, aber ....

Deutsch bitte

ich habe keine lust mit nen übersetzter zu arbeiten. ein kurzen satz in englisch ist meist kein prob, aber hier wirds mir ein wenig zu viel.

sry

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »
Alrighty then, well if someone does complain, could someone help me out and try to translate what they aren't understanding? I feel like I'm really neglecting much of the international community, and like I said in horribly broken german we got a TON of german BT fans. It seems silly not to hang out with you guys.

But yeah, the designs were "borrowed" and if you follow the times of the late 80's early 90's we were really entering the age of globalization. Now copyright in Japan actually mattered in the US and vice versa. So what was once barely legal, became illegal.

I mean, check it out. This was one of our first magazines, Battletechnology.
[/img]

However, things in recent era have gotten out of hand. In the last ten years copyright infringement has become the cry of the time. People are now so clamped on an idea that absolutely nothing else can resemble it whatsoever. It used to be that if we made our mechs 20% different from the rip offs itd be ok. So we did. The Warhammer, Marauder, Wasp, ect. you probably know and love is actually a modification to look 20% different. Many of these small redesigns became the more iconic mechs of the BT universe.

However, that's apparently not good enough in 2009, and its fractured the Battletech ip. Right now its in so many fragments, it looks like it will really be 3050 by the time we put together all the pieces. Unless copyright law stops being so constrictive. The chance of future BT material seems slim.

Translating/Übersetze:  ;D

Nun schön, naja wenn sich jemand beschwert, könnte dann jemand aushelfen und übersetzen was sie nicht verstehen? Ich fühle mich wirklich als würden wir einen großen Teil der internationalen Community vernachlässigen, und wie ich schon in fürchterlich gebrochenen Deutsch sagen wollte haben wir nunmal sehr viele deutsche BT Fans. Es wäre seltsam nicht auch mit euch rumzuhängen.

Stimmt aber, die Designs waren "geliehen", und damals in den späten 80ern bzw frühen 90ern gings gerade auf die Globalisierung zu. In Gegensatz zu damals zählen heute die Japanischen Nutzungsrechte auch in den USA und auch umgekehrt, was damals noch eine Grauzone war ist heute also Illegal.

Schaut euch einfach das an, eines unserer ersten Magazine: Battletechnology.
(Kaputter Link ;D)

Allerdings sind die Dinge heute etwas aus dem Ruder gelaufen. In den letzten 10 jahren wurde das Thema Copyrightübertretung überzogen, die Leute verlangen jetzt das nicht eine Kleinigkeit ähnlich aussieht. Früher hat es gereicht wenn wir die Designs um 20% abgeändert haben, also haben wir das getan. Viele der Designs von damals sind zu den Ikonen von Battletech geworden, z.B. der Kriegshammer, die Wespe, der Maurodeur, usw. Die Versuion die ihr kennt und liebt ist die um 20% geänderte.

Aber heute in 2009 sind 20% offensichtlich nicht mehr gut genug und das hat BT wirklich verwundet. Jetzt haben wir so viele Scherben das es wohl wirklich 3050 wird bis das alles geklärt ist. Ausser die Copyrightrechte hören auf so beengend zu sein. Die Chancen für zukünftiges BT-Material sind allerdings gering.

-----------------------------------------

Hoffe mal is zufriedenstellend gelungen, beim vorletzten Abschnitt bin ich bissl gestrauchelt  ;D
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 12:17:09 AM »
Schaut euch einfach das an, eines unserer ersten Magazine: Battletechnology.
(Kaputter Link ;D)

Reparierter Link:

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 05:54:34 AM »
Schankedön
Ich war um ehrlich zu sein einfach zu faul dafür  ;D
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 06:13:36 AM »
Schankedön
Ich war um ehrlich zu sein einfach zu faul dafür  ;D

Jaja... lasst ruhig die Mädels die ganze Drecksarbeit machen...  :o >:( :'(

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »
In der Küche wird es halt schnell mal dreckig . . *flücht*
Win7Ultimate64

Offline TAVE Huecke

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »
auch ich danke dir

das mit den chassi probs war mir bekannt, man braucht sich ja nur mal die wespe/feuerfalke FLUMs anschauen.

leider ist es nunmal so, das sich die meisten älteren spieler ein spiel ala 3025 wünschen, während jüngere den wahlspruch von tim allen nutzen"mehr power"

aber hoffen wir das beste

gruß
Huecke