Author Topic: Wiki site for Battletech tech  (Read 21141 times)

Offline Moni

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Wiki site for Battletech tech
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
Sarna sucks though, it has a ton of misinformation.

Examples?  So much work has already been done; maybe we could fix (or at least notify them of) these problems and make it an accurate resource.

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-0
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 11:04:10 PM »
*just read this now*
Well, I have changed things, I know a couple other BT authors have changed things, but they just get changed back in a few days... which is frustrating.
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline Priest

• MWLL Contributor
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
  • Good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 02:00:50 AM »
I have the 3025 readout (the original) which still sports the stinger, wasp and pheonix hawk lams :).  Pre law suit and pre clan era. Those were the days.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »
I have the 3025 readout (the original) which still sports the stinger, wasp and pheonix hawk lams :).  Pre law suit and pre clan era. Those were the days.

FASA products are what i am bothering to collect atm. I was happy to find a 20 dollar Battletroops in pretty much immaculate condition.

I am currently delving in to Jumpships and Dropships printed in 1988. I have been trying to get all the pre law problem times stuff.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »
Ya scoundrels, ya'll be hunting those too :P not fair :'( its hard enough to get CBT to Denmark without being charged a minimum of 25% on top of what I purchase 'em for >:(

Edit: Something is rotten in the state Denmark (for sure).

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 03:34:59 AM »
Ya scoundrels, ya'll be hunting those too :P not fair :'( its hard enough to get CBT to Denmark without being charged a minimum of 25% on top of what I purchase 'em for >:(

Edit: Something is rotten in the state Denmark (for sure).

not sure if it will work for your shipping, but try Bookfinder.com at least for Canada it factors in the shipping fee as well and meta searches various sites.

Offline Priest

• MWLL Contributor
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
  • Good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 04:00:48 AM »

FASA products are what i am bothering to collect atm. I was happy to find a 20 dollar Battletroops in pretty much immaculate condition.

I am currently delving in to Jumpships and Dropships printed in 1988. I have been trying to get all the pre law problem times stuff.

This is fasa.  Circa 1986 (The one I have is the third printing which was 1987).  This came out about the same time as the original box set, mechwarrior and the original house books.  I have Davion and a few others.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 07:07:38 AM »
not sure if it will work for your shipping, but try Bookfinder.com at least for Canada it factors in the shipping fee as well and meta searches various sites.

Nice little link ^^ but it isn't the shipping fee that's an issue or the 8% VAT. I can live with that, though it may be steep at times. The issue is the **** post office, if they notice my package is from outside EU, I can be sure they'll add a bonus on it. The best so far is 150% on top of the full cost ROFL.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 02:19:45 PM »
There is a pretty good Battletech website here:

http://battletech.rpg.hu/

You have to sign up, but it's more detailed than Sarna and afaik it's always up to date (and don't worry, it's in Engrish :)).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_technology

very cool site explains alot of the technology used in the Btech universe. I want to incorporate as much of this into the mod as possible.
they don't have how the fusuion engine actually makes electricity though.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »
The way I understand the BT explantion Alexis, the torus of plasma inside a running fusion engine generates constantly changing magnetic fields. Having several coils (a little like you'd find in an electrical transformer) close to these fields would result a voltage flowing - the same way in which a mechanical dynamo uses rotating magnets to generate electrical power.

Reality bites when I read that you need magnetic fields to constrain the plasma inside a reactor so I don't know how they would interact with a field the plasma itself is generating - c'est la battletech  ;)

Apologies for being off topic ish.

Offline BobTheZombie

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • When in doubt, alpha strike!
    • BobTheZombie on Sarna.net
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 07:58:54 AM »
Sarna sucks though, it has a ton of misinformation.

:(

By all means, please help fix what's incorrect there. If you don't want to directly edit the wiki, just leave a note at my errata thread so it can be improved. Any and all feedback would be helpful!

Well, I have changed things, I know a couple other BT authors have changed things, but they just get changed back in a few days... which is frustrating.

If you can point out what has been reverted, I may be able to help; I'm an editor there and, though I mainly deal with formatting/grammar, I know who to talk to to get the info corrected.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details