Author Topic: A question about year 3067  (Read 6527 times)

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
A question about year 3067
« on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
Now why this question? Its because in 3067 fed-com civil war ends and Jihad begins. Also some interesting equipment was developed like: Heavy PPC, Light PPC, MML, heavy-duty gyro, XL gyro, Light FF  armor, small cockpit (I wouldn't impliment Snub-nose PPC,It just sounds too Jihad for me)

What say you?
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
Re: A question about year 3067
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »
sure more equipment the merrier BUT the jihad plot line in my eyes happened in alternate game universe...it basiclly took the storyline of the classic battle tech and wiped its bum with it sorry to say :-[
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »
I'd say: It depends. 3067 had some nice Mechs made, and some quite decent techs, but other are weird... like XL gyro or small cockpit, or Sub-nose PPC.
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
 No Also this:
sure more equipment the merrier BUT the jihad plot line in my eyes happened in alternate game universe...it basiclly took the storyline of the classic battle tech and wiped its bum with it sorry to say :-[

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
Well SNub-nose ppc, Small cockpit and XL gyro (and possibly Light FF armor) could be removed, but I think everything else (including heavy-duty gyro) counts. It's hard to say because fed-com civil war ends and Jihad begins with only 5 month difference.
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:08 PM »
fapp that. We have enough lvl3 equipment already. Let's get our current equipment fully integrated and balanced before even CONSIDERING new equipment.
Besides, what is listed here is the stuff that was introduced when Battletech went into "let's see how much shit we can think of to throw into the game regardless of actual needs or much balance testing" mode.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Frostiken

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +205/-9
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
Well its' not like we can't fix the balance ::)

I say go for it, pick and choose what you want. You can say what you want about the story but it's not as if there's plenty of weak spots in the normal BTU storyline either (plenty of shit involving the Great Refusal is so gimmicky and contrived...). And it's not like we have any storyline in this game to be concerned with at all.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »
I voted no, but i'm really... eh about it.  It's a very close line to the Jihad that had super cyborg warriors and more machine man interfaces which a a big NO for me.

Offline Brainwright

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +34/-2
  • AKA : Rotten
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »
In my mind, PPCs were the AC20s of the energy weapons.  Most of the other versions just strike me as twinkish with the exception of the heavy PPC.

Not really a fan of post 3060 tech.  Not really a fan of Star League tech, either.
Thanks for the view.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »
3067 equipment? Nah.
3067 mechs are another story, though that year is the absolute cut off point.
Just today I was wishing the Perseus was in MWLL, its basically just an Omni-Orion but it was released around this time.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline TheDrgnRbrn

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-0
  • Glad to have mah pimp-mauler back
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »
No. I could care less about the storyline frankly, cause none of those techs would really make any sense in the game. Think about it.

Small Cockpit? Oh boy, my cockpit, which I was  already getting sniped out of by Snowball from the next galaxy over, is now smaller...

Or Heavy Gyro? Oh boy, now I am more resistant to being knocked down! This is an upgrade from the Black Hole Gyro I used to have which would keep me upright no matter what, unless someone shot my leg off..

Heavy and light PPC? Did we really need to duplicate the gauss rifle and slap the energy boat seal of approval on it?

The storyline has no impact frankly, these techs just don't make sense being implemented into the game.
"In wars, boy, fools kill other fools for foolish causes."
          o Thom Merrilin

Offline [IPA] Bravo Cadett

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »
i voted yes because i dont think muche about the year ... but about BTech in general... so ... don't know ... we dont need more useless tech @.@

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »
I would much rather see 3025 or 3039 era 'Mechs than 3067 and beyond super-duper 'Mechs. OK, Osiris, Uziel, Thanatos, & Mad Cat 2 are already from TRO3067, and the older IS 'Mechs are also clearly "updated" models, but the equipment starts to become ludicrous already there. TRO3075 is a big no-no.

But I would love to see really obsolete (compared to the current selection) but cheap pre-Clan invasion, pre-SL memory core 'Mechs. Of course, they would be taken apart in a matter of seconds by Clan and post-invasion era IS 'Mechs, but they could be cheap in comparison. (Of course, that would break the "mirror balance" and if 'Mech selection is ever forced, give the IS early access to heavier stuff, but there you go.)

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 07:31:22 PM »
Well, the problem with TRO3067 comparing to big chunk of other Technical Readouts is that... better artists were hired for it. No offense to anyone making arts before it, but certainly the entire concepts of Mechs out there are just looking better (ok, maybe besides Fafnir - MW4 made it 100 times better, but just compare Sagittaire with Stalker for an example... it's like... duh... Though on the other hand few old designs still stand quite well, eg. Hatchetman), even despite problems with gravity ;) Not all look like fearless death machines but also they don't look silly like some aged did (Stormcrow small hands? huh?)

Small Cockpit? Oh boy, my cockpit, which I was  already getting sniped out of by Snowball from the next galaxy over, is now smaller...
Rotfl!  ;D
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:53 PM »
I wouldn't mind some of the technology (BattleMech tasers could be interesting) but the stuff would be very hard to balance properly and some would be pretty useless; The Heavy PPC weighs 10 tons and only does the damage of a Clan ERPPC, but has less range  ::). I'd rather get more 3025 and Clan Invasion stuff first, leave the really exotic stuff for later.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"