Author Topic: A question about year 3067  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • "'I've got better things tonight than Die.'"
Re: A question about year 3067
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »
The 3067 stuff is VERY Era spacific.  I think all and all, again with exceptions to the Mech/ Units, it should be left out.  Much of the new tech, even though most of it was less exotic than previous would only be found during this period.  Much as nessesity as Tech was harder to get and make with much of everything being vaped. 

Unless your doing some campain in the Jihad it would be unwise to use any of it.

Btech Games Master for over 24 years
Springer Prime
After there was Optimus, then there was Rodimus, and then there was me.

Offline Grinner

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 05:28:39 AM »
Following the off topic vein, I always kind of wished for an alternate course of events right around 3062 or so. The Dracs were buddy buddy with Davion, and Marik, Liao and Steiner were all intriguing and scheming together. I always thought it would have been interesting if a 5th Succession War had kicked off divided east and west, with the Lyrans, FWL and Capellans duking it out with the Fed Suns and the Draconis Combine. Granted getting the Draconis March and several old school DCMS units to fight against the rest of the Inner Sphere instead of each other would have been difficult, I think it could have proved interesting. With the Wolves and Falcons on the border with the Arc Royal Defense Cordon and the Ghost Bears consolidated and strong after the dominion war, you'd have a war that split the Inner Sphere in half and set the stage for a renewed Clan invasion

Offline CHH Siege

• Lead Texture Artist
  • MWLL Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
  • Inveniemus Viam Aut Faciemus
    • Clan Hell's Horses: Gamma Galaxy Reborn
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 06:08:05 AM »
The 3067 stuff is VERY Era spacific.  I think all and all, again with exceptions to the Mech/ Units, it should be left out.  Much of the new tech, even though most of it was less exotic than previous would only be found during this period.  Much as nessesity as Tech was harder to get and make with much of everything being vaped. 

Unless your doing some campain in the Jihad it would be unwise to use any of it.

Btech Games Master for over 24 years

+1

Proud designer of the Mk II E 'Siege Engine' and the 'Perseus'...
Lo-Wang say, "Animated .gif is worth one mega-word."

Offline Hellfire

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 04:34:54 AM »
I hate to respond to this so late, but I don't check this forum very often. It's not even half way down the page so it shouldn't be so bad.

You've got to laugh at all the hate about the Snub Nosed PPC. It's Star League tech that's been around since the origonal Star League books, it's about time we got stats for it.

The Snub Nosed PPC and new Null Signature System suite rules (I really didn't care about Void Sig) where actually the techs I was most anticipating before the new rule set came out.