Author Topic: 1:9 scale Timberwolf  (Read 6501 times)

Offline Hartsblade}12th VR{

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
1:9 scale Timberwolf
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
Hey Folks.  I was doing a little BT related Googling and found this:

It was made by Tactonyx Studio.  Here is a link to their blog with a ton more Timberwolf pics, enjoy:

http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/08/timberwolf-omnimech.html

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
Re: 1:9 scale Timberwolf
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
0_0

^_^

;D

This thing is so freakin awesome...i have no skill to make something like this and what really sucks is that things that are as good as this are never for sale :'( DO WANT SUMMONER...maybe I could "order" one from him ::) :P

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +148/-2
  • The HNIC of Toast is too baller for avatars.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »
Such a shame the Tyco toys made based on teh cartoon were awful.

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

OH GOD >_<

...i have them all :-\ :P ::)

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 06:04:20 PM »

Yup, I think I have a couple of those in storage, the Axeman and the Mauler I think.

I really need to dig up some of my old BT stuff from the 80's.  I was just looking at my copies of the original blueprint posters from 1986 (Locust, Wasp, Warhammer, Marauder and Battlemaster).  These blueprints and the original Battletech boxs & TRO's are what my love of BT is based on.  While I understand why most current Bt'ers love the Clans, I'm more of an original FASA unseen kind of guy. (For me the Clans were FASA's way of rebooting the franchise after all of the legal issues).  While the image of the Timberwolf is the "iconic" mech for some, the Warhammer BT box art is the "iconinc" mech image for me.

vs this

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »
1:9 scale... 22 inches (60 cm) tall... does not compute. More like 1:16 or 1:18 or even 1:24 scale? :P (especially considering the size of the MechWarrior in the same pic)

For anyone interested in the "unseen" mechs, Bandai has re-issued their 1:100 scale models of Macross mecha. Check eg. Hobby Link Japan's webstore and choose Macross as product category. I just received a package of two Marauders (hurr, Glaug Pods) and Warhammers (durr, Attack Tomahawks) from there. ;D

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
1:9 scale... 22 inches (60 cm) tall... does not compute. More like 1:16 or 1:18 or even 1:24 scale? :P (especially considering the size of the MechWarrior in the same pic)

For anyone interested in the "unseen" mechs, Bandai has re-issued their 1:100 scale models of Macross mecha. Check eg. Hobby Link Japan's webstore and choose Macross as product category. I just received a package of two Marauders (hurr, Glaug Pods) and Warhammers (durr, Attack Tomahawks) from there. ;D
The scale is what the model maker posted on another forum...

Going to have to check out that hobby site :)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »
Irrespective of the scale, it still deserves mad props.

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • "'I've got better things tonight than Die.'"
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
Man that brings back memories.  I miss the Horizon Mad Cat/ Timberwolf Vynal Kit.  To this day it was the most complicated kit I ever put together.  It took me months.  like 85 pieces.  it was, i would guess about a 16 to 21 inches tall.  totally awesome.  I wish i still had. It. 

I still do Battletech Demos for IWM here in Colorado  I really hate it when people want to buy the Unseens i sometimes play with.  I have almost 700 mechs alone.  I wont even play with the reseens, except for those that have new chasis, like the Rac 5 Riffleman.   I have an original 2 Marauaders.  The HUGE one in solid lead that was so sweet. The only problem was the AC 5 was sooo thin that it always bent/broke.  I dont play with the mint one. but it is painted.  The 2nd one didnt have the AC 5 at all.  So me and a buddy scratch built an RAC 5 and so its my RAC 5 variant.  Totally Awesome.

Classic Battletech Vs Clans Reboot/ Jihad:  Yeah I started shortly after that box set came out.  Immeditatly after the went to Battletech from Battledroids. (ok im aging myself now)   I always perfered the rules set and playability combined with the original Mechwarrior RPG.  Where you had to scavange the field of battle to keep your unit functioning.  The entrance of the Clans and the Grey Death Library Core made it harder to do.  In the Jihad and Dark age we see much more of the original need to scavange.  It made the game more realistic i think.  Hey no one loved new tech as well as I did.  The Axeman was always one of my favs.  But then i played with LAMs until they made them illegal.  lol.

yes.  ive been playing a VERY long time.  lol
If that isnt enough guys and gals.  Yes women play Btech too.  my 18 yo son's name is Phelan.
Springer Prime
Springer Prime
After there was Optimus, then there was Rodimus, and then there was me.

Cowking

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
That reminds me of my paper cougar I made, I'll get a picture up of it soon, but... back to topic that looks pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind having a scale model like that of any mech.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »
Here it is:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=74507.0

I myself own a MadCat Omnimech electronic video game thingie with detacheable arms and missle pods and turnable torso.
If you replace the arms/pods, the weapon loadout in the game changes. If you turn the torso, so does the Mech in the game.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Warhammer WHM-6R

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 12:31:51 AM »
DO WANT SUMMONER...maybe I could "order" one from him ::) :P

He apparently does commissions so you might be able to get a few people together and have him make a mold. That would make it only ludicrously expensive instead of gratuitously expensive :D

Can you link me to this please please please?

And of course MASSIVE respect for this Timber Wolf model!!!

Bondsman of the Clan Jade Falcon

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »

Can you link me to this please please please?
I hope linking is allowed, but I assure you mods, I am not employed by this company, I just want to help fellow Mech enthusiasts to get their fix :P

Hobby Link Japan home page:
http://www.hlj.com/

Navigate to Sci-Fi, from left menu choose Series ==> Macross, Company ==> Bandai, click Go.

Or, if you're lazy, here are direct links to relevant products in-stock:
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953437 Tactical Pod Glaug (Marauder)
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953436 Missile Phalanx (Longbow)
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953432 Transformable VF-1S Super Valkyrie (Phoenix Hawk LAM)
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960399 VF-1S Super Valkyrie (Phoenix Hawk)

Sadly, Tomahawk (Warhammer) seems to be out of stock and discontinued, as are Defender (Rifleman), Spartan (Archer), Tactical Pod Regult (Ostsol), and Monster (Behemoth/Stone Rhino).

However, the following rather overpriced kits from Wave (instead of Bandai) seem to be still available:
http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-71 Tomahawk (Warhammer)
http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-72 Defender (Rifleman)

Other online stores might also carry these, but this is the one I've used.

Do note that HLJ might take up to a week to process your order before posting it, though, so patience is needed, but to offset this, the Japanese post office works quickly (you can choose courier services instead of mail if you are in a hurry): delivery time to Finland was little over a week (from the delivery confirmation) when I last ordered.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
*scrapes money together and tries to find a buddy that wants to order that*
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64