Why do people insist on installing an X server and communicating with it remotely? rcon works just fine.
Yanster, packages should pull in all the dependencies. I don't know about CentOS, but if it also pulls in build dependencies, building the newest Wine should be a cakewalk.
Extract, ./configure, make depend, make -j4
I'm still learning linux, so maybe I did it wrong, but I never knew how to build from source and automatically build dependencies at the same time...
1. I added the proper RPMForge repository to my yum repo list
2. I installed wine using yum install wine
3. I installed Xvfb using yum install Xvfb
4. I ran winecfg to create Wine's directory structure
5. I downloaded and created xvfb-run (which is actually a Shell script that doesn't come with the rpm by default on CentOS 5.5)
6. I can this simple test: xvfb-run -s "-screen 0 800x600x24" wine /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/cmd.exe /c echo test > /test.txt
7. I checked /test.txt and there it was... so I know it's working!
Now I only have 4Gb on my VPS, so I have to increase it and test CrysisWars (after adding vcrun2005)