Author Topic: MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing  (Read 29039 times)

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • "'I've got better things tonight than Die.'"
Re: MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:04 PM »
well up to 4.1 build installed.  but i dont have the updater working even yet for 4.2 and still have a .dll error when i try to run 4.1
Springer Prime
After there was Optimus, then there was Rodimus, and then there was me.

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »
well up to 4.1 build installed.  but i dont have the updater working even yet for 4.2 and still have a .dll error when i try to run 4.1

Please read the workaround as suggested earlier to get it running without the auto updater for now: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,11492.msg182558.html#msg182558
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »
Actually I did use the work around as suggested my post said I had 4.1 build up. but im having the same problem with its auto updater.  and I cant even play at the 4.1 level.  Sorry Guys this is getting more frustrating by the moment.  For you as well as me im sure. 
Springer Prime

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »
Actually I did use the work around as suggested my post said I had 4.1 build up. but im having the same problem with its auto updater.  and I cant even play at the 4.1 level.  Sorry Guys this is getting more frustrating by the moment.  For you as well as me im sure.

Currently we do not have a fix for the Auto Updater. The 0.4.1, 0.4.2 and 0.4.3 updates are MWLL-only updates, meaning that they don't contain a new Launcher or Auto Updater.

Please update your MWLL build to the latest version by downloading the MWLL release packages from these direct links using your browser, and then extracting them in your MWLL folder:

- 0.4.0 Full: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Full-0.4.0.zip
 - 0.4.0 -> 0.4.1 Patch: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.4.1.zip
 - 0.4.1 -> 0.4.2 Patch: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.4.2.zip
 - 0.4.2 -> 0.4.3 Patch: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.4.3.zip

I hope you can see the pattern: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-[Full or Patch]-[Version].zip

When we release a new Auto Updater, I'll post the link to this topic. Thank you very much for your patience.

Edit: see new links and further information at my new post below: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,11492.msg189959.html#msg189959
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:07:02 PM by (TLL)ShdNx »
External tools lead developer

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 01:04:52 PM »

If you read the workaround properly you would notice it says you have to download each update separately (I highlighted that part for you):

Thank you very much for the log files, they are very useful, and will help an awful lot when I actually get to fix these issues.
My apologies for the late response, but I'm really really overwhelmed by IRL matters these days. Please note that you'll have to a few weeks for the fix.
Until then, you should be able to download the build and update packages, from these URLs:
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Full-0.4.0.zip
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.4.1.zip
... etc, you see the pattern.

So basically do as advised in the post before me by ShdNx which explains it again in detail.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline arnop

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
Im having simmular and additional issues.  versions of 3.+ all worked fine,  I lost my Crysis disk for a while after moving.  i Got it, and noticed you all went to 4.3 or so.  So i dl everything, deleted my MLL folder, reinstalled it, dl then entire build for it. (took all night with my current crappy Dsl) and not the autoupdater crashes every time.  it doesnt read that the build is even there.  It then crashes.

1) launcher Error. does not detect build in folder.  Run Auto updater (yes)
2) MLL build 0.4.0 Available.  Want to Dl (yes)
3) MWLL.autoupdater has detected a user defined break point.  Stopped working
4) an Unexpected Runtime error occured while running the updater... Issue Automatically reported to Developer  Want to Restart (yes)
5) restarts loop from hell.

Using Vista Ive deleted everything and dl the entire build twice.  and it still wont work. *growls*

Springer Prime

I have this same problem, except in Windows 7. Will see if the workaround works in about 6 hours.

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
ok im up to 4.3.  Now I try to run it and I get a

"Could not access CrySystem.dll (check working Directory) Error.

Thank you for the direct D/l Updates BTW.
Springer Prime

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »
ok im up to 4.3.  Now I try to run it and I get a

"Could not access CrySystem.dll (check working Directory) Error.

Thank you for the direct D/l Updates BTW.

Make sure that you have the Crysis Wars 1.5 / Crysis 1.21 patch installed.

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline arnop

• Bondsman
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Im having simmular and additional issues.  versions of 3.+ all worked fine,  I lost my Crysis disk for a while after moving.  i Got it, and noticed you all went to 4.3 or so.  So i dl everything, deleted my MLL folder, reinstalled it, dl then entire build for it. (took all night with my current crappy Dsl) and not the autoupdater crashes every time.  it doesnt read that the build is even there.  It then crashes.

4) an Unexpected Runtime error occured while running the updater... Issue Automatically reported to Developer  Want to Restart (yes)

Using Vista Ive deleted everything and dl the entire build twice.  and it still wont work. *growls*

Springer Prime

I have this same problem, except in Windows 7. Will see if the workaround works in about 6 hours.

Can't make it work, no matter what I do. After several full re-installs, the workaround always results in the "MWLL has modified files blah blah blah" error. Autoupdater hasn't worked after the first install.

Looks like I won't be playing.

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »

Springer Prime

Can't make it work, no matter what I do. After several full re-installs, the workaround always results in the "MWLL has modified files blah blah blah" error. Autoupdater hasn't worked after the first install.

Looks like I won't be playing.

Please attach the Game.log file found in your Crysis or Crysis Wars directory to your post, so that we can get more information about the error. Also please try to use the Launcher's Repair build feature to try and fix your build.

Klingon Programmer:
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »
Here are the direct download links to the newly released versions for everyone whose Auto Updater is failing:

Auto Updater 0.8.2.1223 to 0.8.9.126: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/mwll-extapps-0.8.9.zip
MWLL 0.4.3 to 0.4.4: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.4.4.zip

Please note that the Auto Updater update only contains a few changes to the previous version, it does not yet contain bug fixes. I'm beginning to fix the bugs that have been reported, and will release a new update sometime soon, during the new few weeks (preferably until the end of the month). Thank you very much for your patience!

Klingon Programmer:
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline ShotgunSpiff

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »
Maybe you already know about this, but here is my problem. (Attached)

EDIT: downloaded the updater .zip and replaced files, downloading game files as of this post with auto updater.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:28:09 AM by ShotgunSpiff »

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
Maybe you already know about this, but here is my problem. (Attached)

EDIT: downloaded the updater .zip and replaced files, downloading game files as of this post with auto updater.

The Launcher is running - running application files cannot be overwritten, hence the error. Close ALL programs that might use files inside your MWLL build folder before you use the Auto Updater.

Klingon Programmer:
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline Kasatka

• Bondsman
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
I was getting the same launcher crash issue. My system was vista 64 ultimate, had installed crysis wars, played a game, patches, played a game, installed MWLL, crash loop.
So i used the workaround and manually downloaded/extracted the client and all patches in order, and lo and behold, it worked.
So without any real software expertise i can say it's something to do with the launcher. Thanks for the workaround though!

Offline More_Dakka

• Bondsman
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 08:11:08 AM »
I need a regular download of 0.4.5, since I can't autoupdate on my college network (blocks torrents, which apparently autoupdater uses).