Author Topic: MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing  (Read 30131 times)

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
Re: MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »
I need a regular download of 0.4.5, since I can't autoupdate on my college network (blocks torrents, which apparently autoupdater uses).

It also uses regular HTTP traffic so I would be surprised if you couln't at least run and update it.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Kasatka

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »
I still can't auto-update so downloading the workaround patch for 0.4.5 and installing when i get back from work.

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »
I need a regular download of 0.4.5, since I can't autoupdate on my college network (blocks torrents, which apparently autoupdater uses).

It also uses regular HTTP traffic so I would be surprised if you couln't at least run and update it.

I'm not really sure if it works that way. If torrents are disabled, I'd say that the Auto Updater won't work either, but of course I haven't tested against this situation.

It is possible that in some later date I'll add an option to the Auto Updater to use normal HTTP download instead of torrent, but I can't promise it and nor can I give a time estimation. You'll have to use the direct download links I posted earlier, I'm afraid.
External tools lead developer

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline More_Dakka

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
It doesn't. The blocker is preventing MWLLUpdater.exe from running as well. Either way, I cannot autoupdate unless I leave campus, which I do not have time for (four papers due in nine days...lol).

Edit: Figured this out due to me uninstalling MWLL in the hopes it was an autoupdater problem (which started with 0.4.4), and ended up having to use all of the patch links from 0.4, to 0.4.4 here because autoupdater was still blocked ("This torrent is not on the list of available mirrors blah blah CRASH").
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:25:00 PM by More_Dakka »

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
It doesn't. The blocker is preventing MWLLUpdater.exe from running as well. Either way, I cannot autoupdate unless I leave campus, which I do not have time for (four papers due in nine days...lol).

Edit: Figured this out due to me uninstalling MWLL in the hopes it was an autoupdater problem (which started with 0.4.4), and ended up having to use all of the patch links from 0.4, to 0.4.4 here because autoupdater was still blocked ("This torrent is not on the list of available mirrors blah blah CRASH").

Yeah sounds like you are really blocked - they must do a header inspection to find out what kind of client you are using. Sucks :(

The crash on "not finding available mirrors" should be something ShdNx can look at since it shouldn't cause a crash - until then you might have to use the workaround :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Kasatka

• Bondsman
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
And finally in the 4.8 update, after using the workaround, my autoupdater works... not sure what's changed but good job!

Offline pollovil

• Bondsman
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 09:49:23 PM »
Hello! So I just downloaded the mwll installer for crysis wars for first time (from http://www.mwlldownload.com/). After the installation it tells me to use autoupdater to get latest version. So I start autoupdater and when it downloaded it and started installing the patch, around 30% it crashes and tells me this message: "Error message: Unable to extract update file 'Game/Object.pak' to your MWLL folder." I have no idea what to do so please help me.

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »
Hello! So I just downloaded the mwll installer for crysis wars for first time (from http://www.mwlldownload.com/). After the installation it tells me to use autoupdater to get latest version. So I start autoupdater and when it downloaded it and started installing the patch, around 30% it crashes and tells me this message: "Error message: Unable to extract update file 'Game/Object.pak' to your MWLL folder." I have no idea what to do so please help me.

Please ensure the following:
 - You have sufficient free disk space (at least 10 Gb), i.e. your disk doesn't get full during the update. Currently the Auto Updater doesn't check the free disk space, but I'm working on it.
 - You are not running MWLL or any other MWLL-related applications (like the Launcher).

If these don't solve your issue, please use the direct download links posted earlier until a new update for the Auto Updater is released. Thank you for your patience.
External tools lead developer

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline pollovil

• Bondsman
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
Alright, problem solved. Thanks!

Offline Kasatka

• Bondsman
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
And now in 0.4.9 my autoupdater is once again not working. This is getting silly really.

Offline Chavez_Ninja

• Recruit
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »
FYI, got the user defined breakpoint error going from .4.8 to .4.9. Downloaded from the direct download url and all is well.

If it helps, my internet died for 30 seconds as the updater started :( and the auto updater froze, and I got the error from that pont forward.

Offline alaric

• Bondsman
  • War. Without it, mankind will perish
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 01:26:53 AM »
Hey;

Been having the same problems with the autoupdater as everyone else has, and unfortunately there is no direct download for 0.5.0 that i have been able to find. I am getting the autoupdater crash as well as the whole 'unable to locate torrents...etc.' the latter of the two errors may be because im on a college campus. Is there anyway a new updater could be made or direct downloads for us college students could occur? i would really love to play this game considering i've been Mech deprived for years now, and have had to literally live off of the books

Thanks

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 04:16:10 AM »
Hey;

Been having the same problems with the autoupdater as everyone else has, and unfortunately there is no direct download for 0.5.0 that i have been able to find. I am getting the autoupdater crash as well as the whole 'unable to locate torrents...etc.' the latter of the two errors may be because im on a college campus. Is there anyway a new updater could be made or direct downloads for us college students could occur? i would really love to play this game considering i've been Mech deprived for years now, and have had to literally live off of the books

Thanks

Direct link to the Beta 0.5.0 and Patch 0.5.1:
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.5.0.zip
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.5.1.zip

Direct link to the Autoupdater:
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/mwll-extapps-0.9B.zip

Extract content to Mods/MWLL.

Torrents for Beta 0.5.0 and Patch 0.5.1 attached below.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Valis[CSF]

• Bondsman
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 11:51:21 PM »
Thank you for the direct link to the Autoupdater. It was a big help seeing I have been trying to get MWLL to work for some time now.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 02:53:31 AM »
I have two friends who are probably not going to post here, so i was wondering, if i copy the MWLL folder in my crysis wars  and put it on a flash drive, will that circumvent the autoupdater issues we seem to be having? IE they get Crysis wars working, then we put my MWLL folder into theirs.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF