Author Topic: Wait a second!  (Read 1032 times)

Offline _VX_01

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Wait a second!
« on: December 30, 2010, 12:02:17 AM »
Is this download for vanilla crysis AND wars...or just vanilla? I saw a reference in another thread where someone said that this is strictly for vanilla crysis and the wars download will be available soon. That sounds wrong if you read the text on the homepage.

In any case, all I get with 2 downloads is a black screen (I installed wars and downloaded the mod for wars) :(

VX

Offline Threesan

• MWLL Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-0
Re: Wait a second!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:08:13 AM »
The little few-MB bootstrap exe from the downloads page is version-dependent. But what the updater downloads should be the same. For example I downloaded the couple-GB 0.4.0 and the 0.4.1 update once for Crysis, then copied them over to the Wars location so I wouldn't have to download the whole thing again. Updater seemed happy enough about it.

Black screen: You waited more than a couple seconds for the intro video to start playing, yes?

Does Wars run OK without the mod?

If you don't have a version of Wars that includes patches (like Steam), have you patched Wars?

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: Wait a second!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:35:23 AM »

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush