Author Topic: People with invalid Crysis Warhead CD Key issues: Please read!  (Read 35332 times)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: People with invalid Crysis Warhead CD Key issues: Please read!
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:59 AM »
No idea if something similar to that happens for us with a retail version. I'd say it isn't related to that, because CryHammer has solved a few problems with CD keys and the only thing it does after that is inserting the new CD key in the respective Windows Registry entry.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline ScottRidley

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2012, 01:18:44 PM »
Following up on this: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,11550.msg325310.html#msg325310
Supposedly, I should have gotten a reply yesterday. But, they're on it. Yay. Go EA.

I've finally got a working key. Had it for a couple weeks now. The EA "expert team" never got back to me, so I took to pestering them via support chat every few days, asking for a status update.

One of their supposedly Indian reps probably felt sorry for me, looking into the history, and finally offered me a new key. Copied it into Cryhammer -> "key invalid". I even tried it in the actual game, just to be sure. The guy naturally didn't believe me and advised me to reinstall. Ok, thank you, good bye, next try.

Told the next guy my problem, after lots of dicking around he too offered me a new key. Same old, marked invalid, not working ingame. Got told to contact my local (german) support by phone.

This is where I finally got lucky. The support agent there not only seemed to have a grasp of how computers work (i.e. no idiotic "reinstall manually because your key is bad" blah), but he gave me two keys to try. The first one he pulled fresh out of their database, and surprise, it didn't work.

Since the agent was an avid mech fan himself (he said he'd played MWLL and was in MWO beta, talked a bit about CBT as well) he dug a little deeper and found another old key somewhere - I have no idea how, sounded like it was attached to an older ticket or something. It supposedly came from the same database, but was generated ages ago.

That one finally checked out in Cryhammer, and also worked ingame. Woo. The odyssee was over. Only took over a month. I can see how that would put off most people from playing MWLL.

TL;DR advice:

1. Don't bother contacting Steam support unless you're going for a refund. Contact EA via chat (choose "Crysis 2" on their website to get the live chat option) or phone.
2. Phone seems to be the best option for support.
3. Don't give up on EA support if you get a bad customer rep. Just keep calling/texting. I could probably have accelerated the whole thing by just contacting them back to back until i got someone on the line who would give me a new key.

4. Since a large portion of (or all?) new keys seem to be fubared, the least painful way is probably to get a refund on Steam and buy the box.

Would be nice if the OP could add this info to their post.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
4. Since a large portion of (or all?) new keys seem to be fubared, the least painful way is probably to get a refund on Steam and buy the box.

Even boxed keys can be invalid these days. At least there were a few who had to go through the same ordeal for their retail keys.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
Following up on this: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,11550.msg325310.html#msg325310
Supposedly, I should have gotten a reply yesterday. But, they're on it. Yay. Go EA.

I've finally got a working key. Had it for a couple weeks now. The EA "expert team" never got back to me, so I took to pestering them via support chat every few days, asking for a status update.

One of their supposedly Indian reps probably felt sorry for me, looking into the history, and finally offered me a new key. Copied it into Cryhammer -> "key invalid". I even tried it in the actual game, just to be sure. The guy naturally didn't believe me and advised me to reinstall. Ok, thank you, good bye, next try.

Told the next guy my problem, after lots of dicking around he too offered me a new key. Same old, marked invalid, not working ingame. Got told to contact my local (german) support by phone.

This is where I finally got lucky. The support agent there not only seemed to have a grasp of how computers work (i.e. no idiotic "reinstall manually because your key is bad" blah), but he gave me two keys to try. The first one he pulled fresh out of their database, and surprise, it didn't work.

Since the agent was an avid mech fan himself (he said he'd played MWLL and was in MWO beta, talked a bit about CBT as well) he dug a little deeper and found another old key somewhere - I have no idea how, sounded like it was attached to an older ticket or something. It supposedly came from the same database, but was generated ages ago.

That one finally checked out in Cryhammer, and also worked ingame. Woo. The odyssee was over. Only took over a month. I can see how that would put off most people from playing MWLL.

TL;DR advice:

1. Don't bother contacting Steam support unless you're going for a refund. Contact EA via chat (choose "Crysis 2" on their website to get the live chat option) or phone.
2. Phone seems to be the best option for support.
3. Don't give up on EA support if you get a bad customer rep. Just keep calling/texting. I could probably have accelerated the whole thing by just contacting them back to back until i got someone on the line who would give me a new key.

Would be nice if the OP could add this info to their post.
I can say from my experince  yes don't bother steam.
Phone or Live chat work make sure you check cyrsi 2 as wars is no longer supported by voice or live chat.
Don't give up i had to go through at least 3 peoepl to get mine fixed (gotta find the actual computer savvy person)
 yes the least painful way would be to get a refund ,but it's likely worth the time if you go to EA support.

and to Spooky's responce:
Sounds like they need more Bits (Like comptuer bits)
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Hawkeyes52

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »
personally I feel like every server should just block the authenticator like the funbocks ones, if EA isnt willing to get their shit together (cuz we all know how much EA values customer service lol) we shouldnt have to suffer for it. spending  a month trying to get a valid CD key for a game you already paid for is ridiculous. 

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 11:17:03 PM »
Since there is so much trouble with new CD-keys these days, no matter the source, I feel like that as well. The devs can't officially support it though of course.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 12:25:51 AM »
We could create a package with Crysis Wars Trial included. Then perhaps officially call it Standalone MWLL for LAN, or Standalone MWLL Trial (the name is misleading though)? With that, then hint at players of a "limited" online play available as it stands.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.