Author Topic: MWLL specific MAP making questions. Dev response needed... PLEASE!?!!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Salvatoris

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-0
would it help it said pretty please?  I have a few questions related to map construction that are MWLL specific.  Although the crymod and incrysis communities have been very helpful, most of them do not have the mod, and therefore can't answer some of my questions.  If any of the MWLL devs / map designers would be willing to help it would be greatly appreciated.

The issue I am wrestling with now is adjusting heat dissipation values.  I've read that it's possible, but I have no clue how to do it.  I am working on an arctic themed map, and I would at least like to make it cool as efficiently as being in water on other maps.  It would be nice to be able to run masc without overheating. 

I promise  not to bug you guys with too many questions... this one is just something I haven't been able to find an answer to.

Offline KorJax

• Level Design (Reader of Stickies)
  • MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-2
  • Memento Mori
Re: MWLL specific MAP making questions. Dev response needed... PLEASE!?!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
This is done via flowgraph.

Note in order for the flowgraph to work you must have "ClientOnly" enabled (a setting on the right side of the flowgraph editor).  If it's greyed out you need to enable multiplayer flowgraphing which is done via the "view" menu IIRC at the top of the flowgraph editor.

The flowgraph is pretty easy to set up if what you want to do is change the cooling factor.  As far as I know you don't even need to technically activate the node, whatever the numbers are in the node are what it will be when the map loads.

The node you are looking for should be under MWLLflownodes and shoud be called something like GlobalAmbientTemperature. The Ambient Temperature property of this node controls what temperature the map will be at by default (it's 25c by default).  The GlobalConductivityFactor property is how fast your vehicle will reach this temperature.  I haven't actually touched the node in a while, but I believe if I remember it's simply a multiplier.  You should tweak it though to make sure to see how it affects the temperature.

Once the node is placed in the flowgraph that's all you should need to do.

Offline Salvatoris

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »
Thanks, dood.  You rock. :)   

Thanks to all of you guys, really.  The other night while I was playing mech with my two sons, one of them got promoted to SaKhan.   When he bragged about his brother said... "SaKhan dees-nuts".   That's a great Mechwarrior moment I might have never had with my boys if it wasn't for you guys. :P  One of them was only four when mech4 came out, and at this rate, they may both be out from under my roof by the time the next one launches.  Again, thanks for that. :)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:30 AM »
OMG "SaKhan dees-nuts"?!?! That's absolutely priceless!