Author Topic: The Ongoing Positive Feedback thread  (Read 25194 times)

Offline Humbug

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
Re: The Ongoing Positive Feedback thread
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:32 AM »
Huge and dirty bipedal machines of war blasting eachother to smithereens with airplanes flying through the air, tanks rumbling past and battle armor jumping around, all of this in a stunning environment. Can't get much better than that.

MWLL finally does Battletech true justice.
AKA MechGyver in game. Building cheap mechs with gum, a paper clip and a straw.

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »
My favorite thing done with the mod was ADD ALL THE STUFFS I'VE MADE like the Thor, Partisan and Huit along with various other goodies and one upcoming thing that you'll all splooge yer nerd panties over.

Best Dev Team Evar!
Also, Stickied.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Snyp3r

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
  • Boom! Legshot!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 04:21:58 AM »
The most impressive part of the mod, for me, is just how good the overall balance is. For only being the 4th beta release, it's pretty damn nice that almost every single asset has variants that are useful in various situations. A lot of mods and, hell, even full release games have stuff that's game-breakingly overpowered, so it's really nice that everything works well enough that the game stays playable.

To be more specific, I like how LAMS is implemented here. It's not useless, and incredibly useful on some mechs (Atlas), but not really overpowered.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 04:39:35 AM »
First, let me start with I have adult ADHD.  Second i will state due to this condition VERY few games keep my interest past a month, I am almost been playing this for a year now!

Only other game I ever so dedicated myself to was MW2 and this is all that plus!

Plus I love being part of a wicked community!

Offline [CW]Iron Chef

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 04:46:57 AM »
I LOVE THE SULLA.  I love the Prime, I love the A, I love the C, D, E....I guess I left out the B, but whatever this plane rox my sox.  Yanking and banking through valleys and canyons, and then dropping bombs and firing SSRMs and ATMs in support of the friendly mechs on the ground is just a blast.  Seeing a medium mech take down a heavy or assault because of the Aero support is a great feeling.

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 06:07:37 AM »
 Aside from playing the hell out of MWLL(and that is so awesome, that I can't get enough saying it. MWLL IS AWESOME!!!11), I love to see how a lot of interesting ideas, a some of which was bubbling in my mind for years, are getting implemented in MWLL. Feels like someone read my mind or something. ;D I love visual style that was chosen for MWLL, it's definitely the best visualization of CBT mechs, ever. And, of course, I love people that are involved with MWLL, both dev team and community alike. Even with quarrels and sometimes not-so-friendly arguments, it's one of the best crowds out there and I am really glad to be the part of it.

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Hiruma Kai

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +23/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »
I love running around in awesomely rendered 'mechs that feel massive and deadly.

I love the combined arms approach, where it feels like each asset has its place.  Its like you're in some giant RTS, with each unit having its strengths and weaknesses.  Or a 31st century war. :)

I mean heavies and assaults are giant weapons platforms, and can turn other mechs into slag in short order.  But they need AA tanks and Lights/Mediums to deal with Aircraft, Long Toms and Arrows.  I love that dedicated BA excel at surprise attacks and in TC bases can hold of superior numbers for a long time, yet will fall swiftly to the right units.  I love the fact that a team which adapts and works together will win, even in the face of superior tonnage and cbills.

Offline MasterOhh

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »
The stone, scissors, paper, banana balancing.
The constantly improving stability of the mod.
Great devs who are working with the community instead of behaving like total pricks like in some other mods ;)

Battlemechs !!!!!

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 12:41:17 PM »
CBills. Discussions on specifics are one thing but including CBills as an overall system to balance assets is awesome. It beats the crap out of weight based balancing or anything like that. This base mechanic is what lets lighter assets be competitive in later stages of the game and that is awesome.

/Merf - Agrees with many more of the positive feedbacks given, but thought this in particular had gone unmentioned.

Offline VictorMorson

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-27
  • WANTED: 24 counts of base rape and dismemberment.
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 02:44:34 PM »
Oh yeah, I almost forgot another one I've mentioned repeatedly since the mod was born to friends:  Thank you for extending the range of machine guns, and giving them an anti-BA bonus.  MAJOR thanks.  I've always had grief with machine guns in every MechWarrior 2+ game, given they were always just a horrible damage, terrible range worthless weapon.  But by being willing to bend canon a bit and give them a range boost plus make them superior at anti-BA operations, it's turned into a niche weapon I want to have.  Plus they're fairly effective against light armor!  If there was a 'mechlab in the game, I'd be mounting a pair of MGs on half of my favorite variants even at the expense of tearing off a gun or two.

Anyway, great job on making one of the most scoffed at guns from MW2 up (I spent many missions in MW1 ramming taller mechs in a locust and sawing their legs off with them, heh) into a weapon that, while not very good against mechs, I always appreciate having.  If I ever get to combine them with my HGR Hollander, I'll probably never drive anything else.

CBills. Discussions on specifics are one thing but including CBills as an overall system to balance assets is awesome. It beats the crap out of weight based balancing or anything like that. This base mechanic is what lets lighter assets be competitive in later stages of the game and that is awesome.

Yep!  I entirely agree on this one.  What it actually parallels to is the board game's "Battle Value" system - which is far, far more useful than blind tonnage drops we've had in the past.  It recognizes that not all mechs in the same chassis are equal, too, which is another definite plus.  It definitely gives a reason to take our variants that would otherwise be considered inferior, if they're far cheaper than alternate models of the same 'mech!  It also helps to equalize the tech disparity between IS and Clan's tier 3 stuff - i.e. the heavy laser puma, a light, is more expensive than some IS heavies and rightfully so.
I will personally hunt you down and poptart your leg while your back is turned and you're in your base.

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »
I forgot to mention RACs, how could I forget the RACs!....I Loooove the RACs
Bwraararararaaararraaa Pop!

And the visuals, I have often just spectated a game I join in the last few minutes, just to watch all of the awesomeness from an eagles point of view, like Siilk I've dreamt of such scenes for the last few decades...and now we finally have them in glorious CryEngine detail! 8)

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
I agree, while playing i'm often too busy to notice - but when i'm going spectating or watching videos i can actually appreciate all the detail and awesomeness that was put in 8)

Happy B-Day by the way Heretic.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline «اك§» Trooper_Thorn

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-7
  • Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »
My only suggestion is make the Armor like it has real weight rolling down a road and suddenly having the nose go flying skyward makes the vehicle seem with out weight. Other than that, this is now Mechwarrior for me even if they do finally release MW reboot this will have to be their benchmark or have the game as it shows in the preview; anything less makes its suck rating rather high..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZkEkzijtg&feature=related

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"

Offline ^sPikE-

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
My favorite thing done with the mod was ADD ALL THE STUFFS I'VE MADE like the Thor, Partisan and Huit along with various other goodies and one upcoming thing that you'll all splooge yer nerd panties over.

Best Dev Team Evar!
Also, Stickied.

I love little hints like this about whats coming.

Otherwise, nothing but love for this mod.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »
I have to also say all the interaction from The Devs. They don't owe us anything, but they go out of their way to post up their opinions and are some time COUNTER to what other devs on the team say just to let us know that there are many different views points going into the mod's design.

They truly approach this as a Beta really trying to tweak stuff here and there and see how it plays out in the open.

It's a testament that we CAN have arguments over tiny little implementations of ideas AND have an impact.  The sheer depth of the mod is staggering and the choices... well as it was said.  People can always find a niche that they like to play :D

For me this is a huge thing, The Community.

Been here from 010, though some of ya'll have been here before that, but every release we get to see a massive swell in the general population which really give the Mod some legs.  What I really look forward to is who stays around and posts on the board.  Sure we have ideas always being rehashed, but you know what, every single poster on these boards are passionate about about the Mod.  It's something that people LOVE and want to see succeed even if our views on how that can be accomplished are vastly different.

I forgot who I was talking to but he summed it like this, "I'm been apart of other boards and community but this place, this place feels like home."