Author Topic: The Ongoing Positive Feedback thread  (Read 26011 times)

Offline Artemis Dragmire

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-1
Re: The Ongoing Positive Feedback thread
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
My favorite thing done with the mod was ADD ALL THE STUFFS I'VE MADE like the Thor, Partisan and Huit along with various other goodies and one upcoming thing that you'll all splooge yer nerd panties over.

Best Dev Team Evar!
Also, Stickied.

I love you for making the Thor, I never really liked that mech in previous games (which for me, was MW4 Vengeance/Mercs), but the Thor B has been my "training wheels" heavy to learn this game, and without it I would still be trying to find a niche I like.

So thank you personally for that mech. :)

Other positive things...

I could go on forever. I first saw this mod when looking for the MW5 trailer again on youtube and seeing some videos for this game on there. I bought Crysis, and just recently, a $900 computer upgrade almost solely to get better performance while playing this mod.

I have recommended this mod to all my friends, and there are now at least two of them (my roommate included) who play on a regular basis.

Specific things I like:

The visceral feel of the vehicles, from the mechs to the ASF. They all feel different, unique, and most of all, natural. Mechs feel big and stompy, tanks feel heavy and deadly, asf feel fast and nimble (except the shiva, she's a fat cow, but I like her anyways!), etc.

The core explosion effect. I think the first time I saw that in a video on youtube I creamed myself a little.

The c-bill system - While it has its flaws, I think it's an excellent approach to the game, and is very fun to play with.

The missiles - LRMs, MRMs, SRMs, they all look and feel just like they should. Especially the LRMs. Man I tried to play MW4 the other day after playing this, and the LRMs in that game just felt "wrong" after experiencing the work you put into the missiles in this game.

I could go on, but I'll leave it here and come back with more when I think of them.

All in all, thanks for an awesome game!

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
The missiles - LRMs, MRMs, SRMs, they all look and feel just like they should. Especially the LRMs. Man I tried to play MW4 the other day after playing this, and the LRMs in that game just felt "wrong" after experiencing the work you put into the missiles in this game.

Totally my thoughts too, MW3 and MW4 missile puff clouds are pretty laughable in comparison.  MW2's LRMs at least weren't too bad, very much resembling the ATMs in MWLL (except of course when the LRMs missed in MW2 they would do that weird cyclone spiral around the target)

Offline Maratai

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 06:54:38 AM »
I just wanted to say thank you generally for this mod--I was really wowed when I watched my husband (Hiruma Kai) playing it, especially by the depth and variety of the tactics and the beautiful graphics, and although I'd played a little tabletop Battletech years ago, MWLL inspired me to hunt down the tie-in novels and start reading them.  I'm sorry I don't have more specific feedback on the mod itself but I am so new (...and unskilled) that I don't have a good feel for things yet.  :-)

I don't remember all the screen names, but I also want to say thank you to the people I've encountered on the times I've tried playing MWLL, who have been encouraging and very patient with a newbie who hasn't played an FPS since, er, Doom.

Offline VictorMorson

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-27
  • WANTED: 24 counts of base rape and dismemberment.
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 06:33:17 AM »
For content:  One thing I totally forgot about, but was one of the best additions to MWLL and probably the most unsung:  The launcher updater.  Holy hell does that make life easier than tracking down sequential numbers of patches to try to get MWLL upgraded in full.

In fact in a stroke of irony it was far more painful to upgrade Crysis than it was to upgrade the mod!

I just wanted to say thank you generally for this mod--I was really wowed when I watched my husband (Hiruma Kai) playing it, especially by the depth and variety of the tactics and the beautiful graphics, and although I'd played a little tabletop Battletech years ago, MWLL inspired me to hunt down the tie-in novels and start reading them.  I'm sorry I don't have more specific feedback on the mod itself but I am so new (...and unskilled) that I don't have a good feel for things yet.  :-)

Just popping in to strongly advise you stick to novels before the FedCom Civil War starts.  Basically that's right around the time FASA was going under, writers weren't getting paid and general writing took a nose dive (and it only gets worse, given where they end up in Dark Age).  Lots of good stuff before that though.  It makes a rapid switch from gritty politics to "MAN MADE LIGHTNING" repeated 200x and characters that are so black & white it's painful right after the war starts officially.
I will personally hunt you down and poptart your leg while your back is turned and you're in your base.

Offline Maratai

• Bondsman
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 05:13:39 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  I'd heard that the novels took a nose-dive in quality at some point but wasn't sure where it was.  I read the Blood of Kerensky books by Michael Stackpole and the Jade Phoenix trilogy by Robert Thurston and am currently backtracking to Stackpole's Warrior trilogy.  Fun stuff.  :-)

Offline [CW]Sureshot

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
Just wanted to express how much i love this game and wanted to praise the improvements. I was away from the game for almost a year while i rebuilt my PC. I noticed that even some of the small details i had mentioned i would love to see were put into the game.
I just want to say how great of a job the devs are doing and the attention to detail is amazing. This game has really captured the battletech\mechwarrior lore a whole lot better than the past retail mechwarriors of the decade. I find myself anxious to play as i was back in multiplayer battletech solaris days on AOL. or even the MPBT 3015 beta that SoE squashed.
Anyway, i could go on and on about my love for this game lol. Keep it up guys.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 03:41:22 PM »
Should be obvious from the thread about it already but it can take being mentioned again. Summoner A. Awesome work making something that is not much of a boat and still very effective. Awesome fun to play in that one.

/Merf - Wants more like that one.

Offline Maratai

• Bondsman
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 08:38:18 AM »
--I did think of something I'd been meaning to compliment!  I wanted to say thank you especially to the sound design team.  The sound is *amazing.*  I can *hear* my way through this mod, and the sound is incredibly immersive; the different mechs and weapons have a ton of personality in audio.  Great stuff.

Offline Driller

• Bondsman
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
I just love it and everything about it and the whingers and doubters can go get #$%^ !  just keep going devs your doing great work  8)
A hunger to fight, a thirst to conquer
As battle cries flow from the depths of my soul
Lightning strikes behind the war field
The enemy attack force becomes clear
Fools they were to challenge us.
They will pay with their lives.
For we will not give up
I am a warrior

Offline =KoS=Zeus

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-0
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »
I love that the Prime variants of the mechs are all versatile killing machines capable of handling anything thrown at them (like in the canon) and that there are so many options of things that can be thrown at a mech that the Prime is useful in all situations.

Long live the primes!

Offline Serious Table

• Alphatester
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-2
  • Seriously.
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 04:50:24 PM »
To the creator of the Thanatos for MWLL, you have my undying respect.  After being a wingman for Mechman through a series of AMAZING games last night, the Thanatos is my favorite Heavy mech.
Advocate of Versatility.

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 02:15:46 AM »
You got me thinking Primes, and I've never thanked the Devs for the Warhammer Prime, that there's some serious old-scholl 'mech fun, and can take a beating too.....a wonderful machine in almost all situations it kicks arse.  8)

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2011, 02:47:06 AM »
The King (MW4) is dead - long live the King (MWLL) !

Since the downfall of online gaming in MW4 I have been dreaming of the Combined Arms-Awesomeness that would lie buried within the BT-Concept.
You, the Developers, made this dream come true.
For this I have to thank each and every one of you more than I actually could.
Furthermore I have to send thanks to all members on this forum, for all the contributions they already made (might be in the process of making) and making this Forum into the lovely and lively place it is.
This Community here is BOSS .
The Developers are BOSS.
The Mod is BOSS/KING.

Many thanks for the whole Package.
<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline Dubious

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
I love the way you guys have mechs explode... I still remember my first kill, my Uller's Gauss rifle caught him in the CT and BOOOOOOOOM!!!  I said "oh my god"

Offline mrtspence

• Bondsman
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 02:11:10 AM »
I think "This game is fapping sweet" sums up my positive feedback pretty well.