Author Topic: So I introduced CBT to a couple people over the weekend....  (Read 3671 times)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
Re: So I introduced CBT to a couple people over the weekend....
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 01:24:49 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up Hart, I have been meaning to get an older boxset, but with this on the horizon I have a new option.

Battletech Forever!!!! 8)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Hartsblade}12th VR{

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 01:32:07 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up Hart, I have been meaning to get an older boxset, but with this on the horizon I have a new option.

Battletech Forever!!!! 8)

Anytime Alpha...I've been thinking about digging out the old 2nd edition boxes...I've got the basic set,Ameritech,citytech and a bunch of other 2nd ed books

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +136/-1
  • Less pew pew, More Dakka!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 06:57:28 AM »
As per the last rules I read, Targeting Computers cannot be used with pulse lasers
Wrong. They cannot be used to do targeted shots. That's all.

Under Maximum Warfare they cannot do targeted shots.

Under BattleTech Master Rules, they can.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 12:05:52 PM »
Just keep it stock, it's a lot more fun.

To hell with the munchkins using mini-maxing to negate strategy, if the variant ain't in a TRO or listed in the campaign-details then don't allow it ( I must say Coventry was fun with Bushys using Clan weapons, allowable as they were listed in the campaign docs).
Give me a lance of 2 Hunchback 4P and 2 Hunchback 5P.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
Just keep it stock, it's a lot more fun.

To hell with the munchkins using mini-maxing to negate strategy, if the variant ain't in a TRO or listed in the campaign-details then don't allow it ( I must say Coventry was fun with Bushys using Clan weapons, allowable as they were listed in the campaign docs).
Give me a lance of 2 Hunchback 4P and 2 Hunchback 5P.

Sure there's boats in CBT, I didn't argue that there wasn't, but at least the Swayback is limited by speed and no has no t-comp, it's not zipping around like a Firemoth stacked with MASC..... in fact it's still mostly an area denial machine like the Standard Hunchie as it's armour/speed is not enough to keep it alive for long, so with the Swayback you get more firepower (more shots will land) but more spread of damage also....it's still a boat, sure, but not as bad as you could min-max it to be.

In many ways the Swayback is not as cheesy as sine stock machines, like the Firemoth Alt D or Alt H winning the initiative roll and shredding a 'mechs back torso, gutting the machine in one-shot, whilst being too fast for anyone but the most uber-"CallMeKai"-pilot having a chance to hit with even pulse weapons.

But even the Firemoth has dis-adavntages (no armour), to be a proper "custom" build it would be a few kph slower and have the armour of a 35tonner.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer