Author Topic: My MWLL Videos.  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: My MWLL Videos.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
Nice, your camera work is definitely getting better. Have you considered filming some wars or league matches later?
One small thing, maybe you can get rid of the black bars around the videos?
<Insert cool content here>

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »
(...)
One small thing, maybe you can get rid of the black bars around the videos?

The black bars usually appear when you use windows movie maker to encode the video.

To avoid these bars compress the video with an other programm (virtual dub for example - you can get older versions for free) and edit the already compressed (to 16:9) files in windows movie maker. Voilą, no black frame.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »
Very nice! I love the feel you capture in them. Good use of the soundtrack too. I can only dream of the epicness if you had a more powerful computer and higher graphics settings. Only really noticeable in a few places (One of the earlier vids have a close up of a fire-bombing that looks... less then satisfactory for instance), but still ^^

I must also commend you on the speed at which you make these. I recognize the footage. This was captured on huntress yesterday, no? That game ended at I think 01:30 to 02:00 (GMT+1, or possibly +2 pending on those pesky daylight savings things) or something like that. I recognize the movement on those lights in the begining. No mistaking that flowing patter. That was Vlaad (Or Ivaan? I am terrible with names, sorry. But one of the two) in the Owens C and me in the Kitfox Prime at the start there. Also my shadowcat prime dodging those two Arrow IVs. Anyhow, this means you went from raw material to finished uploaded vid in less then a day. That is quite impressive I think. Good work!

Oh! Speaking of ArrowIV, I love that bit where one fails a jumpjet dodge at and the last ArrowIV slam right into the jumping mech blowing it apart in mid air. Looks awesome. Nice catch =)

/Merf - Fun game, good video!

Offline =CJW= Zone Warden (W)

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-4
  • Sucky sucky whammy whammy
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »
@Doorknob - I do believe the super zoom shift is translated over to the left bumper. That's what it is on my one anyway.

@Gouty - Thanks bro, I see you're the new cadet? I hope we can hit the battlefield together soon!

@Spifficus and Hartsblade - Thanks guys.  ;D

@Cygma - I've considered it, I've only just begun filming and editing in the last two days and I enjoy it a lot. I could always film when I'm not dropping.

@Ragor - The black bars didn't phase me initially as I wanted a more movie trailer feel to it, but I was limited in software. I'm looking into getting Adobe Premier or alternatively I'll take a look at the Virtual Dub you mentioned later in the week. Thanks for the advice! :)

@Merf - Hehe, yeah, you caught me out.  :P I hope you guys don't mind that I film my footage on Huntress, the majority of my clan mates play on your server so I find filming to be an easier task. I may even do a Smoke Jaguar special soon.  ;)

All of my videos were filmed, edited and uploaded within the two days I've been doing it, lol. The first one really shows, but like all of us, its my ugly baby, I can't bring myself to smother it with deletion. Plus Wolves on the Prowl is a great reference point for personal improvements.

My settings are optimised for performance play rather than graphics and we were getting some pretty nasty spikes over the weekend, I totally forgot in all my enthusiasm to change my settings. I'll be having a tinker with my profiles before I film the next one and hopefully it'll be a lot prettier for ya Merf!

Thanks guys. :)
Call and they will come.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
@Merf - Hehe, yeah, you caught me out.  :P I hope you guys don't mind that I film my footage on Huntress,

Hah! Not at all. Anything to spread the awesomeness of this mod right? The only way I could see that become a problem is if too many hog server space as spectators when the server is full, and teams get impossible to balance and what not. The server is moderated most of the time though, so any excess in spectators hogging spots can be dealt with (and no it will not be in the form of a banhammer, but possibly a kick to free up the slot). So no worries at all I would say. Just keep up the good work!

/Merf - Would say it is worth the effort if it can get a single new person hooked on the mod.

Offline Spifficus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
  • HELL YEAH! THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 06:45:27 AM »
Very nice! You are an inspiration sir, and I dig the soundtrack. That was one heck of a war goin on there.  8)

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY GAME I PLAY. LOVE IT!!!
Watch out! This moving target might bite back!
My Youtube Vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkcloud1979?feature=mhum

Happiness is an inside job

Intel i7 930 2.8ghz CPU, Asus P6T mobo, 10gb DDR3 Tri-channel Ram 1066, 1x Nvidia GTX550 ti 1 GB DDR5 and 1x 8800gt 528MB for physics, Windows 7 Ultimate

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
Awesome Videos, Warden!
And you really must be enthusiastic about it looking at your outputrate :D

Maybe tag the videos with MW3/MW4 too, to catch some of the stray mechwarriors out there  ?

And now? Back to watching them again ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

• MechWarrior
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 04:06:47 PM »
Awesome Videos, Warden!
And you really must be enthusiastic about it looking at your outputrate :D

Maybe tag the videos with MW3/MW4 too, to catch some of the stray mechwarriors out there  ?

And now? Back to watching them again ^^

You know, I hadn't even thought about that! Thanks Rad, videos are all now tagged.
Call and they will come.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 05:59:44 PM »
Looking good zone!
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline =CJW= Bin Fish

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
  • Gimme a Bloodkite!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »
We can swap pooters next time and you can use my rig for some superdetailed stuff. Should be fine as long as you don't do death valley videos, lol. There are already enough mechwarrior slideshows on youtube.
lol no Bin Fish, cane mala, non biscoctus :P

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:07:42 PM by 7.[WD]Ragor »

• MechWarrior
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iIeWkPqPiE

One round of our Blood Name Trials.

Bill vs Namarah.

Edit: and for some not so serious times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR878k3BRKc
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:23:43 PM by =CJW= Zone Warden (W) »
Call and they will come.

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »
Not shown in germany due to UMG content. UMG, i hate you.
<Insert cool content here>

• MechWarrior
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »
God dammit. I hate Youtube sometimes.
Call and they will come.

Offline sim-al2

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Stuck in MW4 for now...
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »

Edit: and for some not so serious times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR878k3BRKc

At 6:17 there's two giant turtles surrounded by normal turtles... :o