Author Topic: Unit Communication Information: Teamspeak & Ventrillo  (Read 14951 times)

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
Re: Unit Communication Information: Teamspeak & Ventrillo
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
I am currently logged in to the outreach server
*edit*
And it does not look like it went down at anytime as I have been logged in all night

Offline Hartsblade}12th VR{

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
Problems have been reported with the newest TS3 client...it is not backward compatible so you may need to revert back to an older version.  Take a look. Here:
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,14415.msg231411.html#msg231411

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
Our current server will be updated with all releases, this will ensure that when you click update, it does not create issues. I can not resolve issues if another host does not update their server to the latest issues, sorry if this creates problems for others.

Offline lexwolf

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »
Hi Nate,

i checked it up two times with no connection (Client 3.0.0 Beta35, Build: 12724).
Other TS3-Servers are working.
greetings
Lex
The Mod need's YOU - Did you DONATE?

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 12:35:16 AM »
Hmm alright, I'm on right now so the server itself is running with no problems. It would be a good place to start by ensuring we're both running the exact same version of the client. Can you please temporarily switch to the latest official release for debugging purposes? (It should be 3.0.0-rc2 Build:14642, 64-bit version http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads). If you can only use the 32 bit version that's fine, but I just don't like trying to sort stuff out for beta releases. If that in itself doesn't fix the problem (which it probably won't), we should probably switch to using private messages for this so we don't clog up this thread, and I'll try to continue helping you from there.

Offline Alexg

• Alphatester
  • Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Proud and Semi-Honourable WiE Member!
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »
Some of you will be aware that there have been several clients on the public TS3 who have not been acting in an adult or appropriate manner. We are banning all clients that do this, Unit Leaders now have the ability to ban.

Lets keep the trolls off TS3.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:59:33 AM by Alexg »

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2011, 02:49:53 AM »
excellent, i'm more than ready to drop a ban hammer on anyone that messes with the MWLL community

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2011, 03:01:11 AM »
Humm, luckily I have not had this issue, aside from some complete random guy coming in to the KOS room today going. "Hey I am john, i make music and am a producer, how are you all doing today?" And we all go, "Umm, we are not part of the DEV team." "What? What are you talking about" "MWLL" "MWLL?"

Just trying to get people to watch and sub his youtube channel.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2011, 03:27:41 AM »
Yeah, we had someone join the general chat channel last night, and play canned audio clips over and over.
I'll bounce them next time, now that i know we should.

You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline «اك§» Trooper_Thorn

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-7
  • Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »
We had someone do the canned music crap last week when we were discussing recent gameplay. If we had proper permissions then we could set up a password for our channel and that would end that crap. We had some dope start giving some dopey speech when we were recording an RP meeting so the other members of our team could listen to it on our forums at their convenience since they were dealing with RL stuff. That fool got booted by server Admins for us. So we have had experience with trolls also. ::)

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
Trooper, permanent password protected channels for units can easily be made by request, and if you're on PK's good side he might give you permission to make your own on your own, though don't quote me on that. Just ask and ye shall receive.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »
Trooper, unit leaders can create permanent pass worded subchannels, that way you can leave your unit's main channel as a "general" area, and the restrict area if you need to do recordings or have meetings. 12thVR has the Hummus Hideout as an example.

• Lance Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »
Trooper, permanent password protected channels for units can easily be made by request, and if you're on PK's good side he might give you permission to make your own on your own, though don't quote me on that. Just ask and ye shall receive.

Grem has made the request for myself, Grem and Ryu to have channel admin status for our CBS channel. We are awaiting for him to give us that status for our channel only. Passwording a channel keeps the trolls at bay, we give the password to those deemed trustworthy and are unit allies. As for being on PK's good side, we as a team and individually have done nothing to deserve PK's ire, so it is simply waiting for him to get around to us. We understand dealing with RL issues and all other things that make demands upon his time and we are not going to bug him about it.

Νέμεσις

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »
PK must be busy lately if it hasn't happened yet, if I see him today I'll try to accelerate the process for ya.

Is that true SquareSphere? I actually wasn't aware of that myself, so Trooper you guys might already have the ability to do it yourselves, whoever's unit leader for you guys should attempt to try creating a private subchannel under your unit's channel.

• Lance Captain
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
I just checked this am and I am still showing as guest and when I click on permissions they are still greyed out. So if I see Grem today we shall see if he has been given permissions.

Νέμεσις