Author Topic: an idea for using youtube to broadcast the last 15 minutes of a event  (Read 5231 times)

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
here is a idea, set up a monthly event for two clans and have two spectaors, using fraps to cover the last 15 minutes or so of a match and put up the battle on youtube?

and the winner would get bragging rites with a basic sticked thread with a blurb with a hotlink to youtube.
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
Re: an idea for using youtube to broadcast the last 15 minutes of a event
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:03 AM »
There's been a number of recorded clan matches posted on youtube already, check FCLeagues and SmokeJaguarClan usernames on youtube for a decent listing of videos done so far, some with commentary as well.

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:36 AM »
Ya you should get involved.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:56:45 AM »
12th VR v WiE should be posted from tonight's scrimmage's very soon by DoorKnob himself I believe!! Great matches, good fun and all around a blast!

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »
yep, most units have their own youtube channel, just put up some open merc night vids, got two more coming.

http://www.youtube.com/user/12thVR

Offline doorknob

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 12:23:01 PM »
I'd been fiddling with my vids most of the night, and have finally given up on them being anything cooler than what they are. They are in the process of uploading to the Youtube, and should be in place by morning for the viewing pleasure of the people looking to see what it was like from the cockpit as WiE and 12thVR fought it out.

Check my channel sometime after 9am EST, and they should be in place, complete with my girly death screams.

Offline Ghiest

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »
Mostly watching 1v1 is shit boring though, the open merc one I saw was ok.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
what 1v1 are you talking about?  The only 1v1s i've seen are the ones from SJ or the old FCL matches

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 06:28:13 PM »
The dragoons channel also has some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/7thwolfdragoons
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Ghiest

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
what 1v1 are you talking about?  The only 1v1s i've seen are the ones from SJ or the old FCL matches

well I typed a few searches into youtube for the FCL and that's what mainly came up.  Spec cam vids tend to be zoome right out to show the entire match but loses so much of what makes MWLL great it just looks like a clusterfapp to me. Just an observation that's all,  the best one I found for MWLL was the open merc night when they had the comms going as well, it showed how tatical the game is compared to the spec cam I saw of the 10v10 SJ vs some guys (can't rememeber who sorry) was just some guitar sound crap and a clusterfapp in the middle showing pretty much the most boring element of the game (aka it might have been interesting to play but it was certainly not good to watch as a vid for the game).

Offline =CJW= Zone Warden (W)

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-4
  • Sucky sucky whammy whammy
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »
They aren't about specific bouts of units but a little different from just zooming out to cap the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sparky668?feature=mhum
Call and they will come.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
Ah yeah i gotcha, the Ranger matches I record always have our coms on it but are generally pulled out so we can see the whole battlefield so we can see what we did wrong/right.

Offline DragulaDemos

• Legends Arena Staff
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
    • Forbidden Chaos
Can always use justin.tv to stream it live with their stuff.... Simple and easy..

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
Does it have to be two Clans? Or is the term "clan" being used outside of BT parlance/canon to denote two "teams".

If, in the latter case, "clans" is being used to describe two teams (which I believe was common in the ladder leagues), then it is obvious we no longer need the IS, since everybody wants to be "Clan" anyway and we can just have MWLL played in Clan space.

Awesome.

And don't give me any crap about semantics, the distinction of Clan and team is very precise when playing a MW themed game, particularly with respect to a planetary league.

Clan and IS house (with its minions - mercs and pirates) = BT/MW, team = any game.

Get with the program now to avoid confusion in the future. If we are playing MW:LL with the view towards a planetary league, think MW with Clans, IS houses, Mercs and Pirates. A MW-based planetary league depends on strict adherence to vernacular, a ladder league does not operate as strictly (if using "clan" to describe ANY team). Even if you are thinking towards a simple ladder league, I still think a distinction should be made in the MW:LL forums since there will likely be both camps of thought.
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'” -- Lao Tzu

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Clan is a common term in gaming:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_(computer_gaming)

And yes, it's confusing in BT contexts ;)
<Insert cool content here>