Author Topic: MWLL Promo video Clan RP  (Read 6819 times)

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
MWLL Promo video Clan RP
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
So, I was thinking about an idea for a promo video for the mod where a Number of players RP a battle using FRAPS (or something similar) to record them speaking and their video, and then have a few players who spectate and record the players, put it together and you could have something interesting.

Or a recorded match of few players who play more like it might in the BTU.  Not all guns blazing constantly but say Two clans fighting, conserving shots, and most importantly KEEPING HEAT LOW. 

example scenario is two clan Binarys vs each other, one defending the base of b5 the other attacking.  But all players must be well verse is the scenario rules, with Zellbregin or more so dueling. Play out like this maybe...

-Our common Wandering Samurai intro we all appreciate fades in and out as it fades out you hear a mech footfall. Image of a Summoner WALKING towards the camera in a forested area-
"This is Star Captain Jakka of the 98th Striker Binary, what forces defend this outpost?
-Image pulls back to reval the rest of the heavy mech star walking with a couple of the light mech star running forward in the background, this fades to the image of the MWLL Gear and trio mech logo which drags for a bit to have a transition to match mech bay doors opening to reveal a Timberwolf.-
"This is Star Captain Jason and the 255th Battle Binary defends this outpost!"
-Declared as the mech moves forward and the camera panning shows a number of other mechs moving out from the hanger-
etc...

Have mechs fire one vs one declaring on a bookmarked general comms for inital target declaration as usual example "This is Mechwarrior Vain in the Mad Dog C, I challenge the Hellbinger that just finished the Kit fox" if people agreed, though maybe this is too far?  But I did I not say this was to be RP's by some of us Clanner fanboys?

This was just a basic thought that I wanted to toss out, see who is interested, etc.

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +56/-0
  • Delicious...
Re: MWLL Promo video Clan RP
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »
I do love me some RP...

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »
Very very nice idea !

+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
I'd be down for this :D

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-0
  • What would a pirate do?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »
you could count me in if I know it soon enough.

However, I have very little backgroundknowledge of BT and that last line just sounds somewhat ridiculus to me as it might for any non BT-Freak that Promovideo might aim for...

voice comms like from MW2, MW3 or MW4 might be better suited for that matter.

They sound more like actual military comms and even if it might be a bit different to engagements in BT, that's also what gameplay in MWLL is like...
maybe an IS-Unit trying to defend an outpost/base vs clanforces might be better for a promo video, but that might just be the little non.btu-freak inside my head that can't get used to the idea of this "honorable-clan-chatter" or whatever you call it...
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!
"I'm a piece of C.R.A.P."

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »
I plan on doing this as an inside project very soon, I'll post the video when it is completed! I might need some others for mech fodder and voices etc..

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
*hands up*

Fodder, reporting in
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 02:09:23 AM »
Possibly going to start this, it will take some major fraps footage, some audio/recording of voice, so may need someone with expertise in audio editing!

Offline =KH=Dimachaerus

• Alphatester
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • TROLL-LOLL-LOLL-LOL-LOL-LOL-LOLLLLLLL
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 01:36:22 AM »
I dunno, I'd figure it would be cooler to have a clan force issue it's Batchall, and be answered by an Inner Sphere combined-arms unit. Would showcase a bit more of the mod's content.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I am an asshole, I know this.
It is intentional, though usually not too horribly personal.

Unless you are a moron.

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 04:32:01 PM »
I dunno, I'd figure it would be cooler to have a clan force issue it's Batchall, and be answered by an Inner Sphere combined-arms unit. Would showcase a bit more of the mod's content.

And thus delivering more insight into Clans internal workings.

Would suggest to best have SJ´s Loremaster or your own Wolf-Loremaster (or someone equally versed in in-depth Clan-Lore) shape voice communication as declaring "Batchall" and "Target acquiring in fight-situations/declaration of allocated enemies" will surely take eminent roles in this, furthering RP-ish aspect of video even more not to mention showing off the abilities of this Mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

voice comms like from MW2, MW3 or MW4 might be better suited for that matter.

Wavepad is a great option to manipulate voice/sound quality. That or use various objects between the mic and your mouth to change acoustics (No dirty thoughts, mates!)
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'” -- Lao Tzu

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
I plan on doing this as an inside project very soon, I'll post the video when it is completed! I might need some others for mech fodder and voices etc..

I'd love to... but someone told me that ULTRA-low latencies are preferred for FRAPS... and mine is usually around the 200ms mark

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

I'd love to... but someone told me that ULTRA-low latencies are preferred for FRAPS... and mine is usually around the 200ms mark

Could always help with voice overs? Off screen Star Captain of another sector? I am sure we can find a way for you to help.

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »

Could always help with voice overs? Off screen Star Captain of another sector? I am sure we can find a way for you to help.

I got some REAL radios... I could channel all voices through those and back into my Computer for the authentic voice-over-radio effect  ;D

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »
Although that would be stylish it's probably much easier to just use some audio fx to achieve that sound ;)
<Insert cool content here>