Author Topic: BA Weapons Lock  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Eyeklops

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
BA Weapons Lock
« on: May 06, 2011, 06:59:09 PM »
Map: Inferno (That crazy lava map that recently showed up in the Huntress rotation.)
Asset: BA Weapons
Issue: Locked Weapons:

Firing the BA MHL, Throwing a grenade, changing grenade type, dropping a weapon with  "j" (does this work anyway?) stopped working.
Jumping/Jetpack, switching primary weapons, firing SRM2, firing uPPC still worked.

Dying resets this and returns missing functionality.  I think the bug occurs at "switch nade type" as I shot off the BA MHL a few times right before the bug hit.  Bug was repeated 2 spawns in a row.  I had never really messed with inferno grenades prior to this (the lava map made me curious to see if I could melt a mech with them in the already hot environment) and cannot remember dealing with this bug before.  The nade type remained stuck on "inferno" for the duration of the bug.  I have switched grenade types before with no bugging, however, never while being fully loaded with nades like in this incident.

Repro Steps
1. Spawn at PC.
2. Filled up on goodies: uPPC, BA MHL, and fully filled up on C8, Inferno, and NARC Nades.
3. Exit APC.
4. Switch nade type to Inferno.

Repro: 2/2

Severity 2?  Could still fire the uPPC and SRM2.  It didn't cause death, directly, but was more significant than a graphical glitch.

P.S. I realized I posted this in the wrong section of the forums.  Please feel free to move it to wherever it needs to go, or delete if the bug is already known.

Edit 1: Added P.S.
Edit 2: Reformatted according to the Standard BUG Report Format
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:04:58 PM by Eyeklops »
"You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think"
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
Re: BA Weapons Lock
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
This is a fairly well known bug.  The bug fix is to hop out of the apc, throw a c8, hop back in and then out and you are good to go. It seems it does not matter when you buy your weapons and other grenades.  I do this EVERY time I play as a BA and spawn at a APC and have NEVER had the problem again. :)

Skill, warrior.