Author Topic: Wiki volunteer desired?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Maratai

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
Wiki volunteer desired?
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:11:36 AM »
Hello!  So I was wondering if y'all could use a volunteer to go through and update basic stuff out of the XML files on the wiki.  I am too inexperienced to say useful things about, say, variant usage tips, but I can do basic updates and (if desired) clean up some of the English that's already there to make the phrasing more graceful.

I've previously done proofreading work for Internet Review of Science Fiction (www.irosf.com, the 'zine sadly ended a while back; I'm listed as the second copy editor), I have some free time, and I'd like to help.  I did look at the sticky post, but it looked like it hadn't been updated in a while, so I thought I'd check here first.   :)

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: Wiki volunteer desired?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:41:06 AM »
Hey, help with the wiki is always most welcome - just register your account and get going :)
The updates on the wiki have staled with very few people contributing and i didn't even find the time to go through the asset updates for 0.4.9 myself. Note that it now would make more sense to wait with version-specific updates until 0.5 is out.
If you have questions etc. ... just ask here or Sky_Walker on his wiki talk page.

Edit: Hm, we should probably have more active or needed projects listed in current events to ease coordination.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:59:27 AM by 7.[WD]Cygma »
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Maratai

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »
I'll set up an account, but wait until 0.5 for version-specific stuff as you suggest.  Thanks!

Offline =KoS= Finalizer

• The bomb diggity diggity
  • MWLL Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +61/-0
  • ORE WA BATTLEMECH
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 02:21:15 AM »
I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing myself, though I was going to wait for 0.5 before getting started so I wouldn't waste time on variants that could all become out of date very soon. ::)

Superior commit notes for superior developers

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:48:29 AM »
I'll probably be doing more work on 050 myself, 049 has had too many updates (changes to things/prices) and I've been too busy with work so far this year. Hopefully that's remedied.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod