Author Topic: *generic topic title for new member + questions*  (Read 1309 times)

Offline joeystorm

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
*generic topic title for new member + questions*
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
Couldn't think up anything funny  :-[

Hi all :D I've played Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries a few years ago, and loved it. Sometimes I Googled some mech names for fun in google images and occasionally found a cool 3D render with the logo 'MWLL' below it. I never found where it was from, until now :) I'm amazed by the work that has been put into this project, especially for something that's free.

I've already checked out the MWLL Wiki and some videos, but I'm still left with some questions. Maybe you guys can help me out.

- People say that the next update will make this mod unavailable for Crysis, and you'll need Crysis Warhead to play it. Does that mean I can't play this before the update if I only buy Crysis Warhead?
- I've read some of the loadouts available on the mechs, but most of it doesn't really rings a bell. And when I see topics with people discussing loadouts it seems alot more advanced than I'm used to in boring old singleplayer-mode. Would it be a good idea to play some MW4 to get up to speed? Or does MW4 differ alot with this game? I haven't played anything Mechwarrior-related for about 2 years (Team Fortress 2 is some good stuff ;))
- Is there a chart somewhere with stuff like armor points and Cbill cost of the mechs in-game?
- If you pick inner-sphere or clan-team, does this mean you're restricted to inner-sphere or clan mechs? If so, isn't it unbalanced? I remember Clan weapons to be way more powerful than IS weapons.
- Is there voice-chat ingame?
- are my favorite mechs, the Hellspawn, Argus and Hauptmann ingame, or planned to be added?
- are the Rotary AC's still immensely powerful? :D

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to try this mod out!

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: *generic topic title for new member + questions*
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »
Welcome :)

I'll quickly pick a few of these...
- People say that the next update will make this mod unavailable for Crysis, and you'll need Crysis Warhead to play it. Does that mean I can't play this before the update if I only buy Crysis Warhead?
Wars (the multiplayer part of Warhead) is already supported since 0.4.
If you pick inner-sphere or clan-team, does this mean you're restricted to inner-sphere or clan mechs? If so, isn't it unbalanced? I remember Clan weapons to be way more powerful than IS weapons.
Restriction are a server-side setting that is currently very rarely used. The Clan vs. IS differences are balanced out via prices and some buffing to make it work in this multiplayer enviroment.
Is there voice-chat ingame?
Yes, but it doesn't work too well and isn't really used. There are a few open TS servers though, see here:
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,13632.0.html
are my favorite mechs, the Hellspawn, Argus and Hauptmann ingame, or planned to be added?
Not in-game.
are the Rotary AC's still immensely powerful? :D
RAC5 yes - if you can keep them on target, watch out for the overheating, etc.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »
I'll reply, but chances are I'll get ninja'd

Anyway...

- No, this version is Crysis and Crysis wars, so you can play (wars comes with warhead)
- Most Loadouts here aren't canon, so they probably won't look like anything you know, as far as weapons you don't recognize, they're pretty easy to get used to (I didn't know ANYTHING about the BTU, and I got no problem figuring out what's what)
- The Wiki has a TON of info, but many parts are outdated, mainly electronic equipment and price
- No, it's just a way to differentiate the teams, although there are a few puretech games going on every once in a while
- In-game voice chat sucks (bad quality, both teams can hear) so most just use TS channels
- Not in-game, may be added
- Rotary AC's either rape face or suck balls depending on some super secret magic power that might make 50% of your shots not register. This magic power doesn't like me very much

Hope I beat any other posters :P

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUU.........................
 :o

Offline joeystorm

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
Thanks for the answers and the warm welcome  :D

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »
I will note, the current version 0.4.9 has support for crysis, but NO ONE plays it. NO ONE. Wars how ever is decently popular.

Offline TAX_MAN!

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-2
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 04:42:43 AM »
the current version 0.4.9 has support for crysis, but NO ONE plays it. NO ONE.

Boy was that cruel when I spent all those hours downloading and updating MWLL my first time only to there was nobody playing the Vanilla version.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:40:02 AM »
the current version 0.4.9 has support for crysis, but NO ONE plays it. NO ONE.

Boy was that cruel when I spent all those hours downloading and updating MWLL my first time only to there was nobody playing the Vanilla version.

Yeah, why i stress it :D