Author Topic: Tournament of the Jaguar Results Thread!  (Read 17623 times)

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
Re: Tournament of the Jaguar Results Thread!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
Uploaded everything overnight, I just dropped a big edit bomb on the first post :)

Nice! Is it just me or did your sound cut out on the second part of 12th vs. dCK on Sandblasted? Everything went silent, including the impact sounds from missiles etc.

In other news: Great matches all in all. Was awesome to watch. Hope everyone had fun so far, and thanks to all participants (be they warriors, spectators, cameramen, commentators or organizers)!

/Merf - Off to watch the rest of the videos!

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +76/-1
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »
Not sure, does the whole video have no sound or just a portion? There were a couple times when people who shall remain nameless sent me pages in teamspeak which caused mwll to un-maximize  :-[

edit: Hah, watching it now to check the sound. Check out 2:40 or so for a Sulla pulling a 9/11 on a jumping scat :)

edit: Yeah, the sound cut out for the last :40 or so. I'll check the raw footage if I still have it, but I think I already wiped it. 264GB total footage last night, and I wanted to let the SSD run garbage collection :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:24:55 PM by ratbuddy »

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
The really awesome thing about the comments on that match was that the specs already guessed that the Sulla was out of ammo (it could only rearm once, due to the rest of the assets being costy). It was actually quite hilarious when Quiet rammed me back 20m in midair. Unfortunately this round may look boring which it, by all means, was not for us. I guess this is the most exciting match we played so far due to the caution and positioning involved. If you'd find the sample that would be awesome, if not then bad luck, but it is still a very awesome video you guys put up. Every single important move is on it.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »
It sucked that the Atlas went to waste :'(

AMS should be able to take out aeros :P

Offline [DCK]-Quiet

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »

...no it should not  8)

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
Pfft... I have 1501 times as many posts as you, so my opinion is OBVIOUSLY 1501 times more valid :P

Offline dCK-Warheart

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
    • Words Of Farewell
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »

...no it should not  8)

Congrats on your first post ever. :D

Pfft... I have 1501 times as many posts as you, so my opinion is OBVIOUSLY 1501 times more valid :P

But I would assume that he is right. ;)

Also, I'm dying to invent a time machine to travel forward to the next weekend. It's gonna be legendary. Also I would like to know if the finals are actually 5 rounds or not? Also thanks to the SJs for organizing this tournament and to the 12th Vegan Rangers for putting up a good fight. I really enjoyed the combat. Now let's see if we get past the semi-finals. :)
Hunting Ballonmoths and Camperpults since 12.28.2009

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
I'm on the fence about making the finals five rounds.. Will have to think about it :)

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »
Also thanks to the SJs for organizing this tournament and to the 12th Vegan Rangers for putting up a good fight. I really enjoyed the combat. Now let's see if we get past the semi-finals. :)
You guys better win the tourney so we feel less bad about losing to you ;D

Offline dCK-Warheart

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
    • Words Of Farewell
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 10:58:22 PM »
Also thanks to the SJs for organizing this tournament and to the 12th Vegan Rangers for putting up a good fight. I really enjoyed the combat. Now let's see if we get past the semi-finals. :)
You guys better win the tourney so we feel less bad about losing to you ;D

We are working on it. But I can't promise anything since we still have quite some battles ahead of us. :)
Hunting Ballonmoths and Camperpults since 12.28.2009

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 12:57:52 AM »
GG RDL.

We were using experimental builds to try and counter Thor A, Scat, RACwhacker builds without using MRMs constantly.

The first one worked, probably because we used mrms. The second didn't work at all cause we weren't built for maulers and we didn't call targets.

Saber's mic died on the last round and he was in the shiva, i'm still not sure what happened, he wasn't supposed to charge at them like that, don't think he heard us.

I must say, RDL keeps extremely tight formation, that first round was like a wall or thors. :P
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 01:05:06 AM »
Several times while filming I thought to myself "oh man, a single LT shell right now would just wreck their whole team!"

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 01:16:03 AM »
Several times while filming I thought to myself "oh man, a single LT shell right now would just wreck their whole team!"

Speaking of wrecking. Those sound issues crapped out a fair bit of the Sandblasted game there. Sadface.
Anyone else happen to have vid of the thing? I do seem to recall one WiE spectator too, was it Kas? No chance that one happens to have vids I wonder?

/Merf - Gogo more battles!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:21:07 AM by MerfMerf »

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 03:49:42 AM »
As far as I could tell, sound only cut out during the last :50 or so of that one match.. Were there more rounds with issues?

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 08:44:17 AM »
As far as I could tell, sound only cut out during the last :50 or so of that one match.. Were there more rounds with issues?

RDL vs KoS, Sandblasted.
1st vid has sound cut out in the following intervals:
~2:00-3:00
~4:00-5:45
~6:40-7:20 (This also has a nice mouse pointer moving around =) )

2nd vid has sound cut out in the following intervals:
~3:00-4:50
~5:45-7:20

Think there were more RDL vs. KoS rounds with sound issues, but not sure now. This was the latest I had watched so the silent locations were fresh in my memory.

/Merf - Curious to know what causes it to cut out and when what allows it to resume?