Author Topic: Tournament of the Jaguar Results Thread!  (Read 17343 times)

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
Re: Tournament of the Jaguar Results Thread!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
Also thanks to the SJs for organizing this tournament and to the 12th Vegan Rangers for putting up a good fight. I really enjoyed the combat. Now let's see if we get past the semi-finals. :)
You guys better win the tourney so we feel less bad about losing to you ;D

That would be awesome. However I respect the heck out of RDL and this will be our first time facing them under conditions like these. We will see what comes out of it.

We were using experimental builds to try and counter Thor A, Scat, RACwhacker builds without using MRMs constantly.

There is a lesson we learned from our first encounter in a war vs. 7.WD. We tried to bring along assets able to counter every possible threat in the first 2 rounds and it was pretty much a disaster. I think we only won the third because we did the right thing there, playing what we're good at and trying to make the enemy fight to our conditions. I have given up trying to come up with counter drop lists because those are incredibly vulnerable it the enemy does not drop what you expect him to drop.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:05:39 PM by dCK-Ad_Hominem »

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +76/-1
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
As far as I could tell, sound only cut out during the last :50 or so of that one match.. Were there more rounds with issues?

RDL vs KoS, Sandblasted.
1st vid has sound cut out in the following intervals:
~2:00-3:00
~4:00-5:45
~6:40-7:20 (This also has a nice mouse pointer moving around =) )

2nd vid has sound cut out in the following intervals:
~3:00-4:50
~5:45-7:20

Think there were more RDL vs. KoS rounds with sound issues, but not sure now. This was the latest I had watched so the silent locations were fresh in my memory.

/Merf - Curious to know what causes it to cut out and when what allows it to resume?

Hmm, not sure. Those intervals line up exactly with a single 4GB FRAPS file though.

The part with the mouse showing was when *someone* sent me a whisper in TS3 asking if ejections were allowed.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 02:15:19 PM »
Hmm, not sure. Those intervals line up exactly with a single 4GB FRAPS file though.

The part with the mouse showing was when *someone* sent me a whisper in TS3 asking if ejections were allowed.

Maybe if sound is interrupted (external source) then the sound is ruined for the remainder of the fraps section (until it switches file again)?

Anyhow, one ideally wants a dedicated frapser that is not the main organiser then? Shall have to try and get one of those for next weekend.

/Merf - Always something new to learn.

Offline RDL Tartar

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
  • Russian Death Legion {communications(jr.) officer}
    • Russian Death Legion headquarters
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »
Round 1 KoS vs RDL

Thunder Rift map 1, round 1

Other videos soon will.  8)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:18:56 AM by RDL Tartar »
Be happy or die!
-= Tartar =-

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 12:10:36 AM »
Haha those guys over at ELH definitely gave us a run for our money. I couldn't believe the sniping skill they showed in the third round against us.
Also thanks to the SJs for organizing this tournament and to the 12th Vegan Rangers for putting up a good fight. I really enjoyed the combat. Now let's see if we get past the semi-finals. :)
You guys better win the tourney so we feel less bad about losing to you ;D
Sorry mancow, but there are still those of us here working very hard to make sure that doesn't happen  :P In all seriousness though, congrats to all teams, it was just as much fun watching these videos as playing in our own matches.  ;D

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 03:12:16 AM »
Good matches RDL.  Well played.
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 03:22:22 AM »
Anyone up for a celebratory open merc night? :P

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 04:06:22 AM »
I wish but I'm working on a report tonight  :( I'll have to mrm you some other time.

Offline =KoS=Zeus

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-0
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 04:32:03 AM »
I'll be on in a few hours running marathons in my Hollander Prime as 255 tons of Clan mechs chase after me. :P

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 04:46:43 AM »
At the end of our Sandblasted match with WD, I had no money to buy any more bombs, so I did what any clan ASF pilot would do.  Die gloriously barrel rolling with machine guns!  Shame only the 2nd half of that barrel roll was captured.

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:37 AM »
At the end of our Sandblasted match with WD, I had no money to buy any more bombs, so I did what any clan ASF pilot would do.  Die gloriously barrel rolling with machine guns!  Shame only the 2nd half of that barrel roll was captured.
Instant Karma, you make me proud  :)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »
alright, after a couple days of sulking I'm finally manning up to post. 

I totally screwed up on Inferno and completely forgot about designating targets for focus fire.  Crit in an Atlas was just the icing on the cake (i swear to mechajesus that the VR are just magnets for crits)

Sandblasted I thought we did better (Alf was commanding that one) just got mixed up on our ranges

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
We should have been more aggressive, I don't think our Atlas fired a single shot :'(

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
On sandblasted?   Yeah i wish we were a bit more aggressive .  dCK had a great setup with the aero to force us to try and do something and their scats were perfect bait to try and lure us back beyond the hill ridge to be exposed to their direct fire units.

Had we just gone full bore at something it might have turned out better, but at the same time it could have ended up much worse.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 12:28:22 AM »
Round 1 KoS vs RDL

Thunder Rift map 1, round 1

Other videos soon will.  8)

Yay! One can never have too many videos. Thank you!

On sandblasted?  <...>
Had we just gone full bore at something it might have turned out better, but at the same time it could have ended up much worse.

From the birds eye view I would say yes. I never was a fan of being still for too long though so I may be biased. Good list setup by dCK with a primarily long range list, then having that Aero for the eventuality that the enemy would field brawlers and refuse to go into open areas. With just enough reloads to down an asset that is all it takes to get the lead and force the brawlers into action and in that way forcing a confrontation on dCK terms.

As much as I like to say that crits are not deciders, you in the 12vr sure have really really bad luck with them. Was it 3 crits in that inferno game? At least one fo them ended up hitting dCK as well. =)

/Merf - Loved watching the fights!