Author Topic: BA Hack Database  (Read 4737 times)

Offline neongod

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
    • Clan Wolf
BA Hack Database
« on: May 21, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »
This post is for admins to post up ban info for people caught doing the BA hack.

NAME: SUPERMAN
PROFILE ID 324642546
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:04:19 PM by (TLL)ShdNx »

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
Re: BA Hack Database
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »
+ for support, possibly make sure whoever is watching this can add to the OP a list of known offenders and their information!

Offline -SM-SUCKER

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +82/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
Please post a link to proof of the hack. And if possible the proof should include the ID. Because it is not very hard to call someone a cheater. In most cases good players will be accused.
I do not know about Crysis, but the Source engine allows to record while playing. And you can get the IDs of all connected players in this demo. Pretty much the best you can do to provide proof.
Screenshots can be manipulated, vids can be done with players who just changed their nickname.

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »
Please post a link to proof of the hack. And if possible the proof should include the ID. Because it is not very hard to call someone a cheater. In most cases good players will be accused.
I do not know about Crysis, but the Source engine allows to record while playing. And you can get the IDs of all connected players in this demo. Pretty much the best you can do to provide proof.
Screenshots can be manipulated, vids can be done with players who just changed their nickname.

the one good thing about the small community is there will not be rampant cases of people faking screen shots to get another banned in a video

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »
the one good thing about the small community is there will not be rampant cases of people faking screen shots to get another banned in a video
Another thing would be that there will not be rampant cases of people hacking the game for whatever reason. But there obviously are. So stay on your toes and follow protocol.

By the way: Aren't we hoping for more people picking up Crysis Wars, installing this mod and starting to play? I think, we are. Another reason, not to be lazy when it comes to security.

Offline AoP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +53/-2
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
This topic will remain under observation, because we don't want to see those scenarios happening either.
Please try to provide at least a screenshot/video when posting, but abstain from posting IP addresses as those are often assigned dynamically.

Offline VictorMorson

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-27
  • WANTED: 24 counts of base rape and dismemberment.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »
If anyone that is cheating has a lick of sense, they'll use an alternate name while doing it.  Also while one might argue a small community has less chance of faking it to ruin a reputation, I'd also argue that you'd think a small community wouldn't be using cheats in the first place.
I will personally hunt you down and poptart your leg while your back is turned and you're in your base.

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
If anyone that is cheating has a lick of sense, they'll use an alternate name while doing it.  Also while one might argue a small community has less chance of faking it to ruin a reputation, I'd also argue that you'd think a small community wouldn't be using cheats in the first place.

I'll agree with the first part, but the fact is that we have seen legitimate cases of cheating in servers already, though it seems to have died down a bit for the moment. I recall a bit of extra cheat protection being included in the 0.5 patch notes, it seems that it may be helping a bit.