Author Topic: Round time Recommendations.  (Read 1676 times)

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
Round time Recommendations.
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »
Of course every person who pays for a server can put it to 3 seconds or 3 years because its their damn money!

But.

After playing this game since release and gauging the different modes I would like to give my suggestions for round times.

SA: 25-35 minutes.
Anything below and the one guy who won out early just dominates in the last few minutes. Anything above that and it starts dragging onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn; assault spam for 30 minutes is like old 0.3.2, gets painful real quick.

TSA: 30-40 minutes.
Nearly follows the same path as SA, but since its a team its hard to make money sometimes so you don't want everyone stuck in crappy stuff till the last 5 minutes.
On the other hand, its basically the same when it drags on, it really brings tears to my soul when everyone plays through an hour of TSA and there is another hour of TSA up next.

TC: 45-60 minutes, depending on ticket amount.
Rarely is there need of more than an hour, most all rounds are done by then unless only a few people were around to begin with; many of us can remember the pain of TC rounds ending before tickets were up, so none of that.

I've come to these conclusions by witnessing and taking part in collective groans of server wide pain and anguish because some round is dragging on too long or the prospect of some round or other coming up makes people quit. TSA Extremity coming up? A blast for 20 or 30 minutes, but 60 minutes? ughhhhh.  :'(

Shorter rounds means less time to catch up if you join late, but it also means roflstomps are over much quicker.
Longer rounds excepting a mighty TC struggle just makes me cry.  :o

Round times being too long or too short is what makes me play less MWLL than I would otherwise.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: Round time Recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »
I totally agree with the time suggestion here.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +157/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
I agree with these numbers :)

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
I also agree with this, and I'm a new player.

Loving the epic struggle of a closely-matched TC. Hating the dragging on of pretty much anything else.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »
Well, i don't like the suggestion to shorten TC-rounds. I love that mode and i would like to see it played for 60-90 minutes with an increased number of starting tickets (1000 should be fine). It is really sad when i see a nice TC-map coming up only to experience its quick end due to one team being faster in the first minutes of the game and capturing more points. Sometimes there is a chance for the other team to strike back, but they may already be 200 tickets behind. Therefore: More TC-tickets, please! (time may stay the same, should be between 60 and 90 minutes on all servers anyway)

The other suggestions are fine with me. Especially long TSA-games can drag on, when nobody is moving anymore and every attempt to break up the fixed frontlines leads to an untimely death.