Author Topic: Official Announcement: Art Pipeline for .5 and Beyond  (Read 10465 times)

Offline Mekabuser=12thVR=

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
Re: Official Announcement: Art Pipeline for .5 and Beyond
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 05:00:28 AM »
Plenty of big parties still man ;) ... we will still be releasing major updates(.5, .6, .7 etc) that include major changes to mechanics, gamemodes and features or the introduction of new mechanics, gamemodes and features just like normal..

What Defender is getting at is that you can expect to see new mechs, models and other pretty stuff(like Maps!! :) ) included in our point releases(0.5.1, 0.5.2 etc) rather than only in major releases like we have done previously.
theres gonna be a release someday and suddenly when you smash into an asset your not gonna do the pixel tango , but actually smash into each other with an appropriately awesome smash sound. Collision  detection !!!!

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »
Plenty of big parties still man ;) ... we will still be releasing major updates(.5, .6, .7 etc) that include major changes to mechanics, gamemodes and features or the introduction of new mechanics, gamemodes and features just like normal..

What Defender is getting at is that you can expect to see new mechs, models and other pretty stuff(like Maps!! :) ) included in our point releases(0.5.1, 0.5.2 etc) rather than only in major releases like we have done previously.
theres gonna be a release someday and suddenly when you smash into an asset your not gonna do the pixel tango , but actually smash into each other with an appropriately awesome smash sound. Collision  detection !!!!

Now that would be sweet, some twisting, grating metal screeching in my ear.

I still like if you laser a BA when it is right at you by a few scant meters sometimes you get the guy goin 'AHH!' in pain. heh

Offline «اك§» Trooper_Thorn

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-7
  • Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 06:16:58 PM »
* Received* Incoming Overlord with new mechs and other assets! Woo Hoo, that is good news, the shipping schedules from the assembly plants have been moved forward. ;D

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"

Offline Arghy

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-4
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:20 AM »
Dear god collision detection with falling damage will be so damn sweet--clan mediums running circles around your IS heavy mech? just reverse and hit one of them head on at flank speed...... if only my atlas could punch also.

I still feather my JJ's when i'm landing because its so ingrained haha hope we finally add falling damage.

sgnl05

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 06:26:44 AM »
I noticed that you've mentioned that you want to increase the overall quality of art assets. Will there be work done on existing assets to bring them up to the level set by the "best" that MWLL has to offer? I don't think that the mod has any bad looking assets right now, but honestly some things are just leagues ahead of others, which can make the art side of things look a little strange sometimes when multiple assets of varying quality are on screen at once.

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:34:10 AM »
Dear god collision detection with falling damage will be so damn sweet--clan mediums running circles around your IS heavy mech? just reverse and hit one of them head on at flank speed...... if only my atlas could punch also.

I still feather my JJ's when i'm landing because its so ingrained haha hope we finally add falling damage.

I do the same thing to break my fall instinctively. 

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline Virt

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-7
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
This is great news.   More frequent releases will help keep the playerbase interested.

I'd be interested to know which art assets are considered to be best and, err, not best...?   

They all seem pretty good to me.
Creating Kodiak Moments since 1984.

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »
This is great news.   More frequent releases will help keep the playerbase interested.

I'd be interested to know which art assets are considered to be best and, err, not best...?   

They all seem pretty good to me.

It doesn't really come down to best and not best.

It comes down to which assets are still in Alpha Stage and require and update, which assets require optimization, which assets are closest to completion, which assets should be prioritized over others to even the classes, and which asset releases will best suit gameplay advancements in the future.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Virt

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-7
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
It doesn't really come down to best and not best.  It comes down to which assets are still in Alpha Stage and require and update, which assets require optimization, which assets are closest to completion, which assets should be prioritized over others to even the classes, and which asset releases will best suit gameplay advancements in the future.
Ok, so let me ask the same question a way you'll be more comfortable with :-)

Which assets are still in alpha statge and require an update, and which ones are close to completion?

They all pretty good to me, so I'm just interested to compare and see if I can notice any difference.
Creating Kodiak Moments since 1984.

Offline linkinfrost

• Apprentice Dev
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:36:57 AM »
It doesn't really come down to best and not best.  It comes down to which assets are still in Alpha Stage and require and update, which assets require optimization, which assets are closest to completion, which assets should be prioritized over others to even the classes, and which asset releases will best suit gameplay advancements in the future.
Ok, so let me ask the same question a way you'll be more comfortable with :-)

Which assets are still in alpha statge and require an update, and which ones are close to completion?

They all pretty good to me, so I'm just interested to compare and see if I can notice any difference.

Compare a thanatos and a fafnir up close to see...