Author Topic: My Little Pony  (Read 147310 times)

Offline Artemis Dragmire

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-1
Re: My Little Pony
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Oh god, there's a pony thread here too?

Friend of mine made me watch the entire new series. Shockingly funny and very, very meme worthy.

I'll just leave this here:

Not actually from the show, fan art. But those that have watched the show will understand. :D

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 11:22:50 PM »
I HATE the new my little pony... I will admit, when i was 4 or 5 in the late 80s, I watched and enjoied my little pony... but this... and adult, or near adult... or atleast in chronological age adult watching this filth. FILTH!

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
It's good for a kids show.  If i had a 5 year daughter, i wouldn't mind her watching it.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 11:37:27 PM »
Kick Buttowski is also pretty good, or at least better than most of the garbage cartoons that get aired these days

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 11:41:30 PM »
MLP:FiM broke 2 million views recently on knowyourmeme.com. The first meme to achieve that, and in such a short time. Equestria Daily reports over 14 million page views since its creation, with hourly updated content. This presentation The evolving relationship between brands and consumers sums this whole "incident" up pretty nicely and puts it into perspective from a business point of view (starts at 2:22, bad audio unfortunately).

Offline MekBeth

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • "Just be nice" - God
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 01:03:16 AM »
It's good for a kids show.  If i had a 5 year daughter, i wouldn't mind her watching it.
Well, Kid 1.0 is 7 and 2.0 is 3.5 years old. And I'wouldn't (probably). Since the series wasn't imported yet (germany), we still live in some sort of a dpz (deponyazed zone), if you know, what I mean.
But they are still ... welll ... girls. They love this: http://www.simbatoys.de/de/marken__produkte/sammelthemen/filly_sammelpferde.shtml
omg. I'm so damned.  :'(
It's Battletech - not Logitech

Lyran Assault Scout Headbangers

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 02:28:18 AM »
This thread is a perfect example of what happens when the boob and butt threads don't get posted on for awhile.

Offline Artemis Dragmire

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 06:11:32 AM »
This thread is a perfect example of what happens when the boob and butt threads don't get posted on for awhile.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 06:31:27 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.  It'd be awesome if Flying Debris could do some more anti-furry art featuring MLP.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Artemis Dragmire

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 06:43:25 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.  It'd be awesome if Flying Debris could do some more anti-furry art featuring MLP.

Yea, because we forced you to come into this thread. And furries are forcing you to join them.

Hatred -- it's what makes the world a bad place.

Acceptance and tolerance -- is what we need more of.

Don't like something? Don't look at it. Simple as that.

<- Just spent last weekend at Anthrocon 2011, where there was no such thing as bigotry.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:01 AM »
I love ponies........

But i can never eat a whole one  ;D
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 07:07:13 AM »
Who here likes ponies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJ6-gN0eB4

Ponies, huh? Surprisingly nice for a modern kids show.

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 07:30:11 AM »
Yea, because we forced you to come into this thread. And furries are forcing you to join them.

Hatred -- it's what makes the world a bad place.

Acceptance and tolerance -- is what we need more of.

Don't like something? Don't look at it. Simple as that.

<- Just spent last weekend at Anthrocon 2011, where there was no such thing as bigotry.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »

Please pull your head out your own ass, sounding like a smug dilweed really doesn't do you any favours.

And before you decide to rope me in as a "hater", I'm actually pretty interested in the concept of the "furry", not from a personal standpoint, but from a sociological one. I've gone as far as to read a couple of theses on the subject (not to mention having infrequent conversations on the subject with IRC's favourite furry Pytak), I don't like to have an opinion on something before having some facts.

And as near as I can figure (dependent on what level of furry is being referenced) it's harmless escapism, but to imply that bigotry doesn't exist within it's confines is frankly silly. Christian Westler Chandler (I can't remember how to spell his name correctly) comes to mind. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:18:57 PM by Bill »

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
I come here, being bored, and being bored, and disliking ponies... See I hated this show before it was popular.  My son had it on a few times (he is almost 3), this was a year or so ago when it first came out, first time seeing it, or hearing of it... and i was still WTF is this trash.

Agreed with SquareSphere, if I had daughters, sure this would be a great show for them... but teen boys are having my little pony fetishes... China must be behind this... they realize they have twice as many boys as they do girls now, so they have a plan to turn most of the male population homosexual so this out numbering of girls no longer matters.