Author Topic: My Little Pony  (Read 158758 times)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Re: My Little Pony
« Reply #1545 on: April 29, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »
Ah right it's who made the show, got you. I mean you can understand Faust conjures up slightly more dramatic imagery than a young lady.

The animation of the '86 movie is actually pretty stunning (asides from some of the mess ups), have you seen the anniversary edition? (I think it also got a bluray release) Where they went back and cleaned up the original prints? It makes a world of difference, the level of detail and the "pop" of the colours are unlike anything I'd seen in traditional western animation at the time (and arguably since as fapp all gets animated over here any more due to Korea), I'd argue that it's on par with a lot of the high end 80s/90s animues (The Legend of Galactic Heroes for example). If you've not let me know and I'll rip you a copy home slice.

As for the more dubious side of the MLP fandom, well what do you think I'm amused by? Easy target I know, but some of the... materials they've produced are well, I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing (though that's my default position towards the human race really). But yeah, another interesting subculture to study and place in relation to everything else. There is however I will say at least a degree of self awareness to them which isn't always seen in other examples of this kind of aberrant behaviour, at least in my experience.

Oh the woes of being interested in everything and god bless the internet. 

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #1546 on: April 29, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »
Yeah, sorry, i should have been more clear about that name. Would make a good name for a new villain.

And i do not own a legit version, but i have a 1080p version of the 86 movie, and yes, it's very crisp and clear.

Of course it's on par with much of the 80's/90's anime . . it IS 80's / 90's anime after all.
I have basically anything ever made transformers on HDD. And 2TB western animation and 4TB anime or so.

That's what i collect and enjoy. Old kids TV. I could care less about most stuff with real actors <.<

Everybody is amused by the lyra plushie and related stuff.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #1547 on: April 29, 2015, 06:34:11 PM »
Is that the Takara stuff?

I've never watched that, I've always intended to.

Is the rip you've got of the remaster? Because I wouldn't mind grabbing that for my err research..

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #1548 on: April 29, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »
i'm at work right now, will have to check at home.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #1549 on: April 29, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »
Cheers Captain, shoot me a pm about it so we don't divert your "lovely" pony thread too much any more.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #1550 on: April 29, 2015, 09:21:15 PM »
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #1551 on: April 29, 2015, 09:43:02 PM »
…trussed up in their hooker pumps and made to walk between 48th Street and 59th Street with their cooters hanging out for any old jaybird to slip them five for a miserable hay tumble…

This sentence made my day.
You are a true wordsmith.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #1552 on: April 29, 2015, 10:20:27 PM »
...trussed up in their hooker pumps and made to walk between 48th Street and 59th street with their cooters hanging out for any old jaybird to slip them five for a miserable hay tumble…

This sentence made my day.
You are a true wordsmith.
[/quote]

I do what I can with what I have., also you're welcome.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #1553 on: May 23, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
Win7Ultimate64