Author Topic: My Little Pony  (Read 158764 times)

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: My Little Pony
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
... some of you guys make me sad.  Sexualizing ANYTHING kids related is not the goal of the show or shows like it (i'm not counting live action tween shows that try to force relationships on un ready kiddies)

The point of the show is to have some silly fun, friends are great, and it's better to be happy and tolerant than grim and judgmental.

I like the message it brings.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 06:19:07 PM »
I like pineapple on pizza, I must be the son of the goat.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 06:22:21 PM »
Square, it would not be anywhere near as big of a issue if teen boys did not make MLP meme central. and someone like Zendric where everything he posts tends to be pony related, or if it was not... he severely restricted himself in not posting a pony picture in his post ;)

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
300 Ponies
Inglorious Ponies
Pony Begins
The Rainbow Knight
Watchponies
My little Serenity
What Pinkie's Song Actually Sounded Like (WARNING: EXCESSIVE FLUTTERCUSSING)
And now don't tell me it's not awesome silly . .

I don't actually like those dubs (although the fluttercussing one is quite hilarious). I prefer original pony action, like Fluttershy's cheer ;D

Offline [IPA] Thalamus

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »
To be honest, up until today I've only seen those ponies in internet meme stills, but never "in motion picture". Now I've watched a couple of minutes of the first episode and I have to say it in't really that bad. Animations are far better than other series that run on kids-television and the voices are actually pretty cool (I liked the voice acting of Rainbow Dash ;)  ). Also, the cutting / narrative isn't that dumb at all, so this could really be one of the few series worth watching (the other being Spongebob Squarepants, but if I had children I probably wouldn't let them watch Spongebob).

And I really lol'd at the "300"-trailer.

@ Square: What did you mean by sexualizing? I haven't read any rule 34 remarks in this thread until now... or did you mean the 'furry'-debate (btw I've never seen a furry in real live and really don't get it)?

edit:
and yeah, the song is hilarious
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:52:36 PM by [IPA] Thalamus »
The Independent Pubbers' Association

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 08:22:41 PM »
The furry thing gets brought up a lot as a counter the the MLP memes, mostly trolls calling fans furries :(

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
I'll say now that the whole furry thing is a very grey area, sexual aspects of it are not a massive part of the spectrum near as I can figure.

As for this whole MLP thing, only the Wu Tang one is trve.

Offline Artemis Dragmire

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-1
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »
I'll say now that the whole furry thing is a very grey area, sexual aspects of it are not a massive part of the spectrum near as I can figure.

As for this whole MLP thing, only the Wu Tang one is trve.

Yep, not sure where the sexualizing bit came from. MLP is a fun, ridiculous, and very meme worthy show. Just because I was at Anthrocon doesn't mean I sexualize MLP.

Enough with the bullshit heavy discussion. More pony pics are required!

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 11:34:02 PM »
...but if I had children I probably wouldn't let them watch the new Spongebob).

FIFY

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »
When my middle son was about 4, my wife would do child care. One of the kids was a little about his age. One day, they were fighting over a my little pony, don't remember which one, sorry.

Anyway, my wife, tired of the fighting/screaming/crying, grabbed the toy, got a pair of scissors and cut the thing in half and handed the head end to the girl and the aft end to my son. They both howled. However,....

They no longer fought over toys.
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'” -- Lao Tzu

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
When my middle son was about 4, my wife would do child care. One of the kids was a little about his age. One day, they were fighting over a my little pony, don't remember which one, sorry.

Anyway, my wife, tired of the fighting/screaming/crying, grabbed the toy, got a pair of scissors and cut the thing in half and handed the head end to the girl and the aft end to my son. They both howled. However,....

They no longer fought over toys.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2011, 01:23:07 AM »

What...the...fapp?

My Little Pony? What is that, man?

HE-MAN ALL UP IN THIS BITCH!

I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
You do know they are making a new he-man-movie, right?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
You do know they are making a new he-man-movie, right?

fapp YEAH! 80's nostalgia cash-grab movie making finally makes it's way to me!
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.