Author Topic: No Launcher  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Sirithkai

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
No Launcher
« on: June 04, 2011, 06:34:13 AM »
Not sure what you guys did to change what was working properly before. Bottom line is I have not played for two weeks. After installing a barrage of auto updates (the last being 2 gigs) I no longer have an MWLL launcher.....anywhere on my computer. The old one is invalid. Can someone please tell me how to play this game after the new update? I am not as computer savvy as some of the people that play so if this is going to involve me uninstalling everything including Crysis Wars and doing a bunch of other crap I will probably just bow out of this game. No offense but I work too much to troubleshoot a game for hours. If this is just a matter of redownloading and reinstalling the game then fine.......but any advice before I do that would be appreciated. You guys have a great game, it's just sad I can't play it anymore due to an update.

Offline Sirithkai

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: No Launcher
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:40:13 AM »
So it looks like I found the answer on another thread. Guess I will delete the folder and redownload the 2gig update........again.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
There is no need to redownload the entire build, fetch the mwll-extapps file below and extract it above the mwll root folder. Then create a shortcut to the MW_Launcher and update as needed be.

Direct link to an update of the MWLL_Launcher: http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/mwll-extapps-0.9B.zip

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:13:02 AM »
You were supposed to have deleted the MWLL directory in the mods directory and then download that 2.5Gb 0.5.0 installer, essentially performing a clean install of MWLL.  Not sure if this is noted in the wiki or not but it should be.

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:27 AM »
You were supposed to have deleted the MWLL directory in the mods directory and then download that 2.5Gb 0.5.0 installer, essentially performing a clean install of MWLL.  Not sure if this is noted in the wiki or not but it should be.

It's noted in the news release of 0.5.0 and in the install guide. But no matter where you put this information, most people who already have 0.4.x will naturally try to let it auto update, since that is the originally intended behavior anyway.