Author Topic: Dragoons Invitational 1v1  (Read 32289 times)

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
Re: Dragoons Invitational 1v1
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2011, 04:18:28 PM »
:-\ I suppose you hate the laws all around the world same like I do atm... because... your fix... didn't fix it.  :(

Thx to the GEMA, youtube, governments and lawyers out there.  >:(
On it video only lyric song 'Queen - We are the champions' on a blue background and a sounding song. Anything especial.  8)
Thx. :)

And I expected he put some time into editing and made a medley of some kind or whatever. ;D

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
Thanks Ragor for frapsing/editing/uploading all those rounds and taking care of the tournament signatures :)
With all those videos you are doing, a one time mistake is basically nothing.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
And now the end results are edited in, videos coming later:

First placeMausGMR
Second placePredator
Third placeAd_Hominem

Congrats, guys! You definitely earned it! A pity I couldn't participate, looks like the 1v1 tournament was a lot of fun.

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »
@ Everybody who participated and got a pm from me with the signature links. I had to re-do all of them and delete them (slight change in the style and formatting for better forum usage and editted a mistake in the certificate).

Now they are finished and finialized, pm should be sent soon. (passed the sending job over to Cygma since I run out of time now)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2011, 05:33:05 PM »
you fellows better put on another one of these sometime, and not put me against maus straight off. or do that and i'll beat him. or something. i'll get you next time maus, you bastard.
edit: congrats are in order i suppose. nice job on the win.
edit: not even that angry.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »
I know it would be a lot of organizational work, but how about a 1vs1, where each player has to fight every other player? The better half of the players gets into the next round, the other half is dropped. That way, Cik does not have to be thrown out after the very first fight. He can have several of them and get thrown out after having been defeated by everybody else!

Also, for the next "Grand Melee": Why not make a game of SA, where the player with the most points wins? Maybe put some artificial limit on the available 'Mechs (e.g. no MKII before 15 minutes in the game). Or have a complete LMS game and let the gamemode decide, who wins.

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »
Will definitely do another Invitational in roughly the same format sometime if the demand is there, the question is when.
With single-elimination style someone always has to play the favourites, maybe you get a luckier start next time Cik :)

The idea of a complete LMS game (3-5 rounds) was actually what i had in mind if this were to be repeated.

I liked the single-elimination format - it's hard and unforgiving, but that's part of the fun i'd say. Big ladders etc. i leave to others who have the time :D
<Insert cool content here>

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:11 PM »
Hopefully a 7.WD guy will be in next time, you should have your fun too :).

Single elimination is pretty cool, but it does not produce an absolute ranking. Also, with a lot more fights there would be a lot more videos to watch! ;D

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
Will definitely do another Invitational in roughly the same format sometime if the demand is there, the question is when.
With single-elimination style someone always has to play the favourites, maybe you get a luckier start next time Cik :)

The idea of a complete LMS game (3-5 rounds) was actually what i had in mind if this were to be repeated.

I liked the single-elimination format - it's hard and unforgiving, but that's part of the fun i'd say. Big ladders etc. i leave to others who have the time :D
there is no luck on the field of battle. well that sounds noble but there actually is. i didn't lose to luck, though. i must thank you for putting on the show, it was good to fight. make sure to call me when you start the next one, i'll be there.