Author Topic: [WiE] Arc Royal (Puretech!) server now open to the public  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Resident Rumor Mill
Re: [WiE] Arc Royal (Puretech!) server now open to the public
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »
/Merf turning off c-bill transfer exacerbates the problem.

Wait, you're not Merf...  :o

Well yeah, I know. I just figure any extra information that the devs can get from the masses can't be a bad thing, right?  ;)

I'm just worried people might interpret clan vs IS mode as being something that's currently being balanced for when it's probably not.

Should I edit the first post of this thread with the disclaimer that even though information is being taken from the server, the lessons learned may not be very high on the priority list for upcoming updates? I wouldn't want to spread misinformation either, so I wouldn't mind editing what I've said so far to correct any misunderstandings/completely wrong information. And yes, I know game balance is an extremely delicate thing and can't just be corrected on a whim in a short time, but on the same note without accurate information it can't be corrected at all to begin with. Personally, since right now the development seems to be focused on the game overall I personally wouldn't mind if the clan vs IS balance was temporarily broken even more than it already is if that's what is required for forward progress with the mod. This server exists to give the players the option to try and play a puretech version of the game as it currently stands, and aside from all of the things we've noted so far, it's already really fun playing it as is, so it's all worthwhile anyway.

Also another note on C-bill transfers, if we did enable it remember that the IS side would be able to do it too, so even though you'd be able to roll out thors and madcats earlier, the entire enemy team at that point would be rolling in thanny's or even bigger mechs, so I'm a bit skeptical on exactly how much it would help.

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »
That's fine.  The IS has all the low-hanging fruit, and the most expensive IS asset is under 120k.  The Clans have the edge with the more expensive things, so if both sides have earlier banked access to more expensive things Clan will regain some of its lost advantage.  Also, your average IS player won't be quite as driven to bank as your average Clan player will be because the Spheroid actually has choices at the low end of his buy menu.
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
YES! THANK YOU!!!!! Lovin Puretech mode!  :)
pew-pew

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 12:15:54 AM »
I have to say that I love playing puretech, and not being able to share C-bills only bothers me when I need ammo.  Otherwise I just bank on myself the old-fashioned way, by trying to stay alive!! :o :o

An Owens B is all I need to get a heavy or assault, oh yeah, and time. ;)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 02:45:20 AM »
i love this server!

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 05:58:15 AM »
Next thing I'd like to see is a "Primes Only" server. ;)

Signing this as well, Prime vars. only would be a rumble inna jungle I guess.

Kudos to Exilewolves for going puretech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline PapaFade

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
I'm finding it plays very well. Bravo WiE.

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 08:15:17 AM »
We are trying to narrow down a server issue, it may just well be the server needs a hard restart every 12 or so hours, but yeah I've enjoy Puretech as well. I will look into a command for possibly only 'prime variants'. Though I do not know if this is possible atm, but it would be fun for a few matches if possible.

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
Though I do not know if this is possible atm
It isn't.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline BoxOfAids

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • The game
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
We are trying to narrow down a server issue, it may just well be the server needs a hard restart every 12 or so hours, but yeah I've enjoy Puretech as well. I will look into a command for possibly only 'prime variants'. Though I do not know if this is possible atm, but it would be fun for a few matches if possible.

I would definitely try that out, sounds cool

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 02:02:53 AM »
Sorry Box, read the post just above yours. But get enough people to want it enough and there's always the chance that the devs will code in a way to do it.  8)

Offline BoxOfAids

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • The game
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 02:21:07 AM »
Sorry Box, read the post just above yours. But get enough people to want it enough and there's always the chance that the devs will code in a way to do it.  8)

BAH.

Get working on this, devs! Being able to disable certain variants would be fun!

Only C variants, GO

Offline light487

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 05:42:12 AM »
Server is password protected?

Offline Nate

• MechWarrior
  • Resident Rumor Mill
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 06:05:24 AM »
Sometimes we'll need the server for both Clan events and for Open Merc Nights, more often the latter. If you see the server locked with players hop on to the community outreach server and see if it's an open merc night, they're organized games open to the public, you just need the password and a good sense of organized play to join.

On another note, last I heard we were still resolving server issues that whenever the server crashes it has to be reset into puretech manually, so we're waiting on finding a way to auto-reset the server to puretech mode. Therefore, most of the time you won't see it as such, unfortunately, but know that as soon as we find a good way of doing it we'll be puretech 24/7 when not hosting events.

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
As Nathiel pointed out, when we host 'Open Merc Night' on our server, it will be password protected to ensure the gameplay is not affected by those outside the Teamspeak 3 server, Outreach. All you must do to partake is log into Outreach and jump into the fun, easy enough.