Author Topic: Reference maps for community mappers  (Read 10639 times)

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
Re: Reference maps for community mappers
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 01:48:37 AM »
[Filepath]\TC_Reference.cry contains an invalid path.

What now?

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-0
  • What would a pirate do?
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 01:55:44 AM »
I'll need a bit more information, what's the [Filepath]?
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!
"I'm a piece of C.R.A.P."

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 02:40:20 AM »
E:\Editing\MechWarriorLivingLegends\TC_Reference\TC_Reference\TC_Refence.cry

:) And thanks for taking the time to try to help me.

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 03:56:50 AM »
put it in here:
Code: [Select]
D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Game\Levels\Multiplayer\TC
should load properly then...
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 05:13:13 AM »
Meh, same error. Is there an update to Sandbox2 that I should download or something?

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 06:05:37 AM »
I used the Warhead version of the editor, and it worked after failing to load tons of different resources. However, aren't we supposed to use the regular Crysis version?

"The MWLL team recommends that maps be authored with the Crysis version of the Sandbox2 editor.  Use of the Wars version Sandbox2 edit will result in maps that are not backwards compatible with standard Crysis clients."

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
I used the Warhead version of the editor, and it worked after failing to load tons of different resources. However, aren't we supposed to use the regular Crysis version?

"The MWLL team recommends that maps be authored with the Crysis version of the Sandbox2 editor.  Use of the Wars version Sandbox2 edit will result in maps that are not backwards compatible with standard Crysis clients."

Use the SB2 Editor that comes with Crysis Wars and the MOD SDK for Crysis Wars.

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 12:22:37 PM »
That is outdated information from when MWLL supported both plain Crysis and Wars. Where did you find that?
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
first of, you gotta use the wars editor as we don't support vanilla Crysis anymore.
second, this:
..... and it worked after failing to load tons of different resources.
sounds like your editor is not set up to work with the mod.
it is actually not loading the mods files on startup which is why it throws those errormessages.

in order to load the mod into the editor, locate the Editor.exe in the bin32 or bin64 folder of your Crysis Wars installation, and create a desktopshortcut. Rightclick the shortcut, and select properties, then add -mod mwll to the targetline, so it looks like this:
"D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Bin64\Editor.exe" -mod mwll
that should fix your problem...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:56:07 PM by 7.[WD]Sesambrot »

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 05:34:35 PM »

first of, you gotta use the wars editor as we don't support vanilla Crysis anymore.
second, this:
..... and it worked after failing to load tons of different resources.
sounds like your editor is not set up to work with the mod.
it is actually not loading the mods files on startup which is why it throws those errormessages.

in order to load the mod into the editor, locate the Editor.exe in the bin32 or bin64 folder of your Crysis Wars installation, and create a desktopshortcut. Rightclick the shortcut, and select properties, then add -mod mwll to the targetline, so it looks like this:
"D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Bin64\Editor.exe" [b]-mod mwll[/b]
that should fix your problem...

Sesambrot,

Why are the bolding tags in your example command line?

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
errr....... lol
fixed I wanted to make it bold so it's clear what's gotta be added, didn't realize it wouldn't work in a code-section... lol

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
I was fairly certain that was the problem, Sesambrot. I had no idea how to fix it, though, and was gonna spend an hour reading topics until I found the answer. Thank you for saving an hour of my life! :D Hopefully I can get the hang of this and the time to make a really special map.

... on the other hand, I could have checked the sticky topic I just noticed in five seconds LOL. :-P

Did it, and it worked; no more pop-up errors. However, there were a few "blankity blank texture not loaded" in the loading report. Everything looks normal as far as I can see, though, which wasn't the case before.

That is outdated information from when MWLL supported both plain Crysis and Wars. Where did you find that?

MechWarrior: Living Legends - Terrain Control Tutorial for Mappers
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,11973.0.html

It was only from January, so I figured it was current.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:58:32 PM by Knightcrawler »

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 04:44:50 AM »
TC_Reference Map has been an invaluable resource.  Thanks again for this Sesam!
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
Man, I loaded up SA_Reference to figure out how to make capturable rearming APCs for my TC map, and the APC is all greyed out and unselectable so I can't really get any useful information on how to place my own

I've asked all of the other mappers I know who are around and none of them knew how to place one either. Someone help please :'(

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »
  RollupBar > Layers Settings > To allocate with a mouse a field (layer) where it is written "APC". All the rest by analogy