Author Topic: Reference maps for community mappers  (Read 10496 times)

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
Re: Reference maps for community mappers
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »
I actually figured that out 5 minutes after I posted the question

Still don't know where to find the non-working APC model so I just copy pasted the layer into my map. Should work well enough for now

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-0
  • What would a pirate do?
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,13647.msg256845.html#msg256845

My answer to the last question, works the same for an APC or any other vehicle. In case of vehicles, body and tracks are seperate objects.
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!
"I'm a piece of C.R.A.P."

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »
Sweet, thanks man :)

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »
There has been a lot of activity regarding community maps lately, and there are a lot of questions regarding mapping as well.
It would probably be easier for you if you had access to the cry-files of the released maps, but due to various reasons that is not possible.

However to give you some reference on how we make our maps work, I put together this map and uploaded it to mwllmaps.com

SA_Reference:

The zip-file includes the cryfile so you can have look at it in the editor and play around with the settings and entities.

There are examples for the APC-Buyzone, Repairbay, Destructible Objects, Forbidden Area, Fireworks(+FlowGraph) and AmbientTemp around Pools (+FlowGraph)
on this Reference map.

mwllmaps.com:
http://mwllmaps.com/?map=sa_reference

Update:
-Added CamFlashparticles (including simple Flowgraph) and AmbientSound and SACrowd-Entities

TC_Reference:

Just as SA_Reference the zip-file for this map includes the cry-flie of the map so you guys can tear it apart in the editor.

On this map there are examples for mainbases, basedefenses, cappoints with different setup, particleeffects for cappoints, FGs associated with cappoints.

mwllmaps.com:
http://mwllmaps.com/?map=tc_reference

There is not going to be a TSA_Reference as that would only be TC_Reference without cappoints.
However, there will be a SA_SpecialEffectsReference as I have time to put it together.

I hope this will help you to get your maps working!

Please note that those maps are not supposed to be played on servers with multiple players, in fact they won't work with the Autodownloader.

Use this topic for ideas and suggestions regarding Reference maps.
Any kind of feedback, bugreport, or request for a feature to be added to one of the Reference maps, should be posted here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
:'(
server says:
Could not determine user from environment
can this be fixed so we get those useful files?
 :)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »
I have the TC_Reference map. I am hosting it on my Dropbox for those interested:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34496117/TC_Reference.rar
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 01:42:33 PM »
NOTE: URL expired (dead link)  :(

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
I'll look on my other computer to see if I have that SA_Reference map or not.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."