Author Topic: IMPORTANT! Community mappers need to copy their ResourceCompiler!  (Read 9598 times)

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
Re: IMPORTANT! Community mappers need to copy their ResourceCompiler!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:59 PM »
I tried putting the cry file in the mods/mwll/game/level/multiplayer/... directory and extracting the solids using the 32 bit editor, and look what happened... :'(
Yes i've copied the resource files and yes i've tried it in the vanilla directory too. This is suppose to be the hardened mechbay.

Sad face.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline (Wilson)

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
  • The Man
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »
I tried putting the cry file in the mods/mwll/game/level/multiplayer/

hmm ok, something must be in the wrong place or corrupted... as an example, if you are working on a level called "TSA_Zoetemeer" you would need to work on, save and export from "Mods\MWLL\Game\Levels\Multiplayer\TSA\TSA_Zoetemeer\*.cry"

You may need to delete the "level.pak" file after moving the level into its correct location to force the resource compiler to rebuild the cgf's for those solids..(also may need to regenerate your surface texture once u delete level.pak)

Do you create your own textures in photoshop, or use the 3dsmax plugins ? You can test if the resource compiler is actually working and being found by checking if either of those programs will find it when they start.. In photoshop you will get an error when you try to save a "crytiff" saying that it cant find the RC... in 3dsmax it will popup a small dialog at startup, this should tell you via a little green icon that its found the RC properly..

A quick test to see if solids are working independantly of your map would be to create a quick blank test level, copy it to the proper mwll location, then create a couple of random solids somehwere on it, export and test ingame to see if they work...

Also in the interests of asking some really simply questions first, so they arent overlooked lol.. are you running the editor as an administrator or while logged in on an admin account ? Did you install the editor using its own installer or did u have to manually copy things around ? Are you using the Steam or Retail version of the game(the RC location is important as it needs to match where the registry thinks it is)...

In the windows registry, under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crytek\Settings" there should be a key called "RootPath" .. this should point to the root crysis wars folder wherever it is.. in my case its "C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars" ... if you arent familiar with the registry, you can run a program called "SettingsMgr.exe" to set those keys, it should be located inside the "Crysis Wars\Tools" folder..
"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment that which they cannot anticipate"
- Attributed to Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Offline =KoS= Finalizer

• The bomb diggity diggity
  • MWLL Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +61/-0
  • ORE WA BATTLEMECH
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 09:19:09 AM »
Not sure if it really proves anything, but if it's at all reassuring, I've gotten my own custom solids working now as well:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

(Hopefully those spoiler tags will be working again at some point >_>)

The lava flows in this area are composed of various solids, and there's even an instance of an invisible solid placed purely for collision purposes. I can confirm that other people can see them and move on them as well. They work pretty much perfectly so long as you have everything set up correctly. I don't think I did anything different outside of those steps I mentioned in my previous post.

Superior commit notes for superior developers

Offline CGB [Duffanichta]

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »
Ok I installed my new system.. will install SDK later.. and will give you a feedback as well.

Offline CGB [Duffanichta]

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
IT WORKS!

It was because of the folder structure..

I am glad this is solved!

PS: I did not test it on my old PC...

Offline XRayXI

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
  • Senior Admin >XI<
    • Xtreme Idiots
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 11:51:12 PM »
Deleted, made a new post.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:24:10 AM by XRayXI »
Formal Admin/ Moderator of the Patriot SSM website(closed). XI = Xtreme Idiots (.com) running: BF3,COD2, COD4, COD5, Minecraft and Crysis Wars.
>XI<; Mapping, Modding, Flowgraphing and Programming(scripts and programs).