Author Topic: Alternate time lines?  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
Re: Alternate time lines?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »
Well now that the Jihad time line is almost over (all that remains is a combined field manual for 3085). Here's a look at what FASA was going to do in the first place, before they closed doors. Also the seeds where first placed in the mid 90s, and got further fleshed out over the years.

<DarkISI>: How much of where FASA wanted to go with the Jihad has been done the way they wanted it to go?
<Habeas2>: DarkISI - Aside from the final hero and the length of time taken, most of it went as FASA planned. The Manei Domini, the Five Worlds, and Stone were all add-ins, but many of those would likely have appeared in some form or another...
<Habeas2>: DarkISI - Actually, there were some changes we also made from the plan, some were even made by the PLAYERS:
<Habeas2>: Allow me to expand on this.
<DarkISI>: was just going to ask you to
<Habeas2>: The original FASA plan for the Jihad was still a war that begins as a temper tantrum when the allied leaders scrap the Second Star League for no good reason....
<Habeas2>: The plan held that, upon that failure, ALL FIVE CAPITALS would be assaulted by Word of Blake fleets appearing without warning to bombard and seize them....
<Habeas2>: Victor and company would run to Tukayyid to regroup, at which point the false Thomas Marik would "come clean", reveal his identity, and join their side....
<Habeas2>: Meanwhile, all of the CHaos March would be under WoB assault, while Wolf's Dragoons and NWH banded together to forge a mercenary protectorate around all nearby worlds willing to meet their price. (Yup; no noble sentiment at all here. This was pure "pay or die" politics)
<Habeas2>: Victor would again rally the various factions to put down the Word, a process that would take two years, and be nearly lost before suddenly the slumbering Ghost Bears, with their powerful WarShip fleet and such, would join the war berserker style, believing that the WoB is in league with the long-lost Wolverines.
<Habeas2>: The Bears would essentially lead the charge on all fronts as the allies led by Victor brought us to Terra (CapCon once again sat it out, going "turtle" while the rest of the IS fought and bled) and be stopped only in Terran orbit, when Victor points out that their landing of troops would unravel the truce between IS and Clan, something the Warden Bears were not ready to do.
<Habeas2>: That, in the short form, was the FASA plan

Oooh, yay for Ghost Bears :).

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
It says the Ghost Bears believed Wobbies to be in league with the Wolverines. What we got was the Wobbies actuallly being the Wolverines. ::)

Offline Nebfer

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 05:01:09 AM »
It says the Ghost Bears believed Wobbies to be in league with the Wolverines. What we got was the Wobbies actuallly being the Wolverines. ::)
Not quite, most of it's personnel where not from that group, and only a few of them even knew anything about them.

Offline [NGNG] Cattra

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • No Guts No Galaxy & A.C.E.S
    • World of Frak
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »
Could be worse... you could have Smoke Jaguar working for the Republic of the Sphere and are the Exarchs personal last line of defence ranking above knights and paladins- oh wait...
No Guts No Galaxy Pod Cast - Mr. Cattra Kell
Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz, 8GB DDR3, 2x2TB Samsung HDD, ATI Radeon HD 5570

Offline Nebfer

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 04:28:57 AM »
Could be worse... you could have Smoke Jaguar working for the Republic of the Sphere and are the Exarchs personal last line of defence ranking above knights and paladins- oh wait...

Technically I don't think they regarded them selves as smoke jaguar at that point, less clan...

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
I'm counting it as a good thing none of this makes sense and lacks Kai Allard-Liao finally joining the Jade Falcons.  Which in turned added a new blood line and name to the clan who's warrior bloodline (which oddly enough is available to both mechwarriors and elementals due to Kai's action in both clan unit types) crushes the Lyran Alliance (and Clan WiE while their at it), claims Terra and GUTS Sian (or whatever the capital of Cappella is) and reclaims St. Ives to honor their founder's genetic legacy. :D

Offline MarauderD

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »
I'm counting it as a good thing none of this makes sense and lacks Kai Allard-Liao finally joining the Jade Falcons.  Which in turned added a new blood line and name to the clan who's warrior bloodline (which oddly enough is available to both mechwarriors and elementals due to Kai's action in both clan unit types) crushes the Lyran Alliance (and Clan WiE while their at it), claims Terra and GUTS Sian (or whatever the capital of Cappella is) and reclaims St. Ives to honor their founder's genetic legacy. :D

Oh dear god, this is so much better than the Jihad storyline not to mention the DA storyline.  You've got my vote to take the BT universe in a new direction.

All I want is to rewind to the end of the FedCom Civil War (too big and powerful a force, had to be paired down) and have someone go in a different direction than what we got. Maybe even go back to Operation Serpent and have the CSJ survive. But man, the Jihad is some silly BS.