Author Topic: X-52 and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Profiles + Profile Collection  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
X-52 and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Profiles + Profile Collection
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
Hello mates,

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well I've been pretty busy and now I've finished the Profile I've been talking of since I showed up. Pheew wayyy to many Is in that sentence. ;)

So this is it the MWLL X-52 and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Profile.

The X-52 Profile controls mech systems and Weapons and the Rudder Pedals Profile controls the Chassis and the Jumpjets. It's not as perfect as an axis but it works reasonably well and precise. 
It gave me a heckload of trouble over the last two months, but I learned a lot from the challenge.

I've tried to keep the Profiles as simple as Possible, so I could avoid using multiple modes, so I put in only the most important commands. As they are to be used in conjunction I haven't put a jumpjet command on the stick, if needed I could see if I can place one on it.

The features include:
- full controll of all weapon systems on the stick's Buttons, with Chainfire/ group fire on Fire A and Pinkie.
- MASC on Fire B plus Pinkie.
- Power up/shut down, Override shutdown, coolant, optics and Nightvision on the first POV hat.
- Full Targeting suite on the second POV hat (Radar mode, next enemy, nearest enemy, next friendly)
- Jumpjet Directional control on the third POV hat (just the directions, not the Jumpjets as well)
- Brakes on Fire E.
- Push to talk key on the Fire D key (<-key, the one left of the z-key and right of the shift-key, same row), Fire-D and pinkie activates the in game voice chat.
- The Rudder pedals feature a three stage Jumpjet control on the toe brakes and a nine-stage chassis control, 8 control stages and one deadzone. The Rudder pedal Profile is entirely done in advanced commands, to get a smoother control.

The Profiles are part of a small collection of Profiles, mostly for Flight Sims, FC2, DCS:Blackshark and Falcon 4 AF but there will be more Profiles eventually. All Profiles, MWLL and the ones in the Collection are available for Windows 7 64 bits and WinXP 32 bits. The only exception is the Falcon 4 AF profile as it is still in beta and not fully programmed.

As always it would be awesome if you could report me any bugs you find, it helps me fix them faster and any feedback is invaluable.

So without further ado here are the download links:

The MWLL Profiles
Edit: Rapidshare links are dead, links replaced with the newest version on mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r1b5arrw6tvz31j

The Profile Collection

Edit: Rapidshare links are dead, links replaced with the newest version on mediafire.
Edit2: New Version
Version 0.8.0
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sstsvvc2n075gag

This version is outdated use the link above
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vf19vhu85622ac5

Good hunting, mates!

Wolf
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:44:36 AM by Wolf »

Offline Gaigebacca

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Re: X-52 and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Profiles + Profile Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
Just thought you deserved at least one reply to this for all of your hard work on assembling these.  So, Thank You!

Will your profile still work if you don't have the foot rudders?

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
Hello Gaigebaccca,

Thanks for the praise. So far it the profiles work without the Rudder pedals, however without the Jumpjets, since Jumpjet control is on the Rudderpedals. Only with the Version 0.7.0 however. Im working on Version 0.8 of the MWLL Profile which will add Jumpjet control for the X-52 Profile. Well Im testing it right now. It should be availlable within this week. I will also upgrade the Profile collection to version 0.7.1 with the MWLL Profile and a basic ArmA 2 OA Profile which will be the basis for an ACE 2 Profile and an ACE 2 Mando Profile. The MWLL Profile 0.8 will also include my personal joystick.cfg for the X-52, to spare you all some work.

And Im sorry for not replying earlier, evening school is keeping me really busy.

So if you or anyone else wants to help me integrate the Jumpjet control by testing, just send me a message and I will send you a pre-release version for testing and feedback.

Clear skies and many happy landings

Wolf

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:27:53 AM »
Update Time again!  ;D

Well I put in the small edit that Gaigebacca wanted and the Mechs Profile (X-52) is fully independent of the Rudder Pedal profile (The Chassis Profile).
The Mechs Profile now has it's own full jumpjet control.

The release has been delayed due to the flu.

The Profile Collection has a ArmA 2 Profile.

The Downloadlinks:
Edit: The Rapidshare links are dead, they are replaced with the newest Mediafire links
Version 0.8.1 Mediafire Version Outdated!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fs1r45a6f82q281

Profile Collection Version 0.7.1
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vf19vhu85622ac5
Good Hunting!

Wolf
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:48:56 AM by Wolf »

Offline pickles2012

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »
Anyone able to tell me how to use both the joystick and rudder pedals at the same time in mwll? It seems to be one or the other for me and I can't figure it out. I thought I was talking to wolf on the outreach server yesterday but he said he had not posted a rudder pedal profile here so it must have been another wolf (the op isn't the wolf74 from ts3 is it?) any help would be appreciated I really want to steer with pedals and throttle.
3 x 16:10 monitors on a 6950 2gb run off a Q9550 2.8g 775 socket
rat 7, steel battalion controller in the wings

Offline Gazza

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
Quick Question. Once you load this in the Saitek Profiler, do you have to set it up in the MMLL Action Mapper too?

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Sorry for the long delay in answering, RL really did eat up my time the last months. I'll have to sort out some things like uploads and so on, if the links are dead, I will have them repaired in this week.

@pickles 2012 The rudder pedal profile just needs to be loaded in the Profiler for the rudder pedals, that is all, you don't need to do anything more.

@Gazza you just need to copy the Joystick_X-52.cfg into the C:\Users\Your username\Documents\My Games\Crysis Wars\Profiles\your Profile
it just needs to be placed there as well as the actionmaps_X52.xml file. Then you just need to set the X-52 profile to active and you're done.

Edit: and let's see what I can do about further developments, I've got a lot of freetime right now, but I'm also writing a review about a Flightsim. ;)

Good hunting

Wolf
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:48:03 AM by Wolf »

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 01:26:11 AM »
SITREP ! ;)

Well I got a new actionmaps.xml and joystick.cfg file for the Profile so it should be working.
Edit: Rapidshare link is dead, link is deleted, the Mediafire link still works.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fs1r45a6f82q281

These are files I made a while and works, but just to be sure I'll be making a completely new actionmaps file. I'm not quite sure if I'll make a completely old style actionmaps or if I'll just go with the new version. Since that might take me a week or so, The 0.8.1 version is a stop-gap.

I'm sorry for the long time it took me to answer and update this, I can only say I was a bit to busy in RL, and I just hadn't had the energy to work on those profiles.

See you in the field

Wolf
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:49:50 AM by Wolf »

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
  • Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
This actually looks very promising. I intend on getting the X52 Pro and Pro Military rudder pedals either Christmas or sometime later. I like the way you got the controls set-up, as far as what I'm reading. Keep up the awesome work!
Known in-game as Nighthawk71.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 03:19:16 AM »
Hello Skyhawk, thanks for the praise, it always helps to know that ones work is appreciated! ;)
Well it helped in this case, as I had this new version rotting around on my harddrive, but no motivation to update the documentation.  ;)
A positive response gives one a good motivation....;)

Well, I got a new version 0.8.2, it got the remaining problems with 0.6.1 out of the way.

The Changelog Version 0.8.2:

New Actionmaps and Joystick.cfg to fix the Problems with 0.6.1, full compatibility is restored.
The Files with the name X-52V2.3-no-z-roation are for use with the Rudder Pedals and the Chassis Profile.
The Files with the normal name are for use with the the X-52 only.

A Stick and a Rudder Pedal-Profile are included in this version, this Collection has been renamed Mechwarrior Profiles to reflect this.
the Download link, mediafire only this time:
Edit: New Link http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r1b5arrw6tvz31j

Maybe there will be some small changes on the MWLL Profile, to keep the differences between the MWO and MWLL Profile as small as possible. So I will maybe change the location of the Jumpjet Button from POV-1 up to POV-2 up. Other than that I'm still working on a hovercraft and Aerospace Profile, but I'm not good at flying those........strange I love Flightsims, but I have lot's of Problems flying in MWLL.
Good Hunting Mates!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:05:35 AM by Wolf »

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
  • Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity.
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »
You're welcome, Wolf! Also, might have to get the X52 Pro and Rudder some other time, CompUSA is sold out on the X52 Pro, and Amazon is selling the X52 Pro for a ridiculous price (around $364 new).
Known in-game as Nighthawk71.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:27 AM »
364 $ ? WT? That is an X-52 Pro and not a HOTAS Warthog! Jesus, some people are greedy.
A small tipp, always buy hardware after Christmas, it's cheaper.

Also those Profiles of mine are for the X-52 not the X-52 Pro. A friend of mine converted some of the Profiles, I'll have to ask him if he did the MWLL Profile already.

Yeah I still have my six year old X-52, those 2005/2006 Models are pretty durable! ;)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 02:18:24 AM »
do the links work for anyone?
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 02:41:51 AM »
do the links work for anyone?

The last link in the post from yesterday should work, the rapidshare links are dead, due to rapidshare deleting the files. They are a major PITA.
I will clean up the first posts to reflect this.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 05:42:59 AM »
Checked the links, should be working.
The other thing...........well there is version 0.8.0 of the whole Profile Collection, delivered by my revolutionary, new Owens Delivery Method TM.

So what's new? Well mostly this:
The new MWLL Profiles are included.
As are the MWO Profiles.
The BMS 4 Profile is finally included.
Included two X-Plane 10 Profiles, one for fixed wing Aircraft and one for the Rotorsim EC-135.

The downloadlink:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sstsvvc2n075gag

Have fun using it.

Now about the Owens Delivery Method. Yeah I'm using it, since the damn Critters are fast, but I don't own one. I hate them with a passion!
Well first you need an Owens Battlemech and a heavy Mech that is fast enough, something like a Loki or Hellbringer. And stick him with your package, for that I'll use a modified NARC Beacon.
Well once you've got the Package attached, you need to scare the crap out of the little bugger, so he starts running as fast as he can.
Do that by shooting at him, mind you don't kill him or the package is lost.
Don't let up and shepherd him to your delivery point.
At the delivery point, make the Package detach. Of course you need a Radio switch for that, and some Kind of parachute. Oh and something to cushion the fall wouldn't be bad, just in case the chute doesn't work.
That's it.
Well ok, the method is not the most effective, but surely the most fun!
Oh yeah and a small fee for repairs and services rendered, plus a drink for the Owens Pilot, helps to sooth hard feelings.