Author Topic: X-52 and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Profiles + Profile Collection  (Read 8228 times)

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity.
Re: X-52 and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Profiles + Profile Collection
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
A small tipp, always buy hardware after Christmas, it's cheaper.

True, should wait, but then again, Gameshark's website (Mad Catz official site for selling stuff) has the X52 Pro at MSRP value, too bad I won't be able to get it for Christmas. :(

But then again, I can always wait.

EDIT: My dad did manage to get me the X52 Pro. I'm glad! :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:25:12 AM by skyhawk71 »
Known in-game as Nighthawk71.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:01 AM »
Bought my X52 Pro today as a late xmas present to myself. YAY! :)

Thanks Wolf for your hard work putting all these together, very much appreciated.
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 02:07:25 AM »
Bought my X52 Pro today as a late xmas present to myself. YAY! :)

Thanks Wolf for your hard work putting all these together, very much appreciated.

Thanks for the praise, just remember those are profiles for the X52 not the X52 Pro. I can't guarantee that the Profiles work with the X52 Pro. The Joystick.cfg and the actionmaps.xml, however should work with the X-52 Pro.
Should the Profiles not work with the X52 Pro, whoever wants to convert them to the X52 has my permission to do so, I only ask that whoever converts them, will share them the same way as I do (for free) and gives me credit for the original Profile. Same goes for derivatives and modifications of my Profiles. The Documentation for the Profile layout is in the documents folder, the buttons-Keystrokes files.

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
Ouch that reminds me i've been meaning to do this for a while.

Attached is a direct port of Wolf's original X52 profile, remapped to the X52PRO. Included are the .pro files for both stick and pedals and the .xml and .cfg files for the actionmapper. I take no credit for this, all i did was click a few things and hit save. Wolf you're free to include this in your pack if you wish.

This is the version with the proflight pedals since that's what i use. The only modification i've made to this is that the unchecked the raw attribute for the throttle since it seems to not work with the X52PRO, or at least it didn't for me.
Also for me at least, the throttle hat mapping for jumpjets does not work at all, all it does is map the wasd keys there. I'm assuming it was supposed to be a macro for jj+direction, but i'm trying to not modify things from the original.

I might release a version based on this with my own modifications later.

Also hosted on my google drive:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz1pid9cC0FhanQ4Q3VfLWQybTQ/edit

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 11:10:30 PM »
@Chm3m1kal

Thank you for your help. I will include your Profile in the next version of both the MWLL profiles and the collection.
I also found out how to make X-52 Profiles, but unfortunately I can't test them.
Edit: Programming the profile is easy, testing it is the true hard work, so I salute you!

Interesting that the Jumpjets don't work, they work for me with the Rudder Pedals.
The Jumpjets are set on the toe brakes with 3 different strength settings, or rather length of button keypress.
The Throttle Hat is set up with the WASD keys in my X-52 Version also. I think I'll have to look more into that problem, thanks for the feedback, it is invaluable.
However they only work if in combination with the Jumpjets, so only if Spacebar or the Jumpjet button is pressed. Or the Toe brakes pushed forward. The Macros are an interesting idea.

I curious how your version will look and work. That's bound to be interesting, as usually no two profiles are ever the same.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
I've tested the Profile with 0.7.1 and I'm sorry to say, it doesn't work at all.
Well the throttle does, but the Torso control via the stick doesn't work.
Could be that I used the X-axis Tabs and they don't work.
I don't know yet what the problem is, but I will test it in the next weeks. I don't know how fast I will be able to do a fix, since evening school has let up, but I still have a review to finish.

@Chm3m1kal The interesting thing is, the raw-Throttle seems to be the only thing that works with my joystick.cfg right now! ;)The rest of the axises seem to be shot.

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 09:45:44 AM »
Heh, that's weird.

Honestly i haven't tried playing 0.7.1 with my joystick since i love the new free reticle and i can't use it and the joystick at the same time. Check out this thread for how to turn it on, but i don't know how to map the torso movement independently of the aiming.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 10:47:18 PM »
Heh, that's weird.

Honestly i haven't tried playing 0.7.1 with my joystick since i love the new free reticle and i can't use it and the joystick at the same time. Check out this thread for how to turn it on, but i don't know how to map the torso movement independently of the aiming.

Well I got it fixed by activating the old Aiming system, as suggested by Kentax, so I will release a version with a new Actionmaps.xml and joystick.cfg file soonish, like next week.
I'm still working on that Free reticle Issue though.