Author Topic: TC/TSA Jungle Impact  (Read 7545 times)

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
TC/TSA Jungle Impact
« on: September 28, 2011, 05:57:40 AM »
Finally done and here they are ;)

TC_JungleImpact
TSA_JungleImpact *no longer supported. Bugs may be present*

Sorry about the Editor shit in the corner, didn't expect it to show up in the shots :-\

Anyway, the zips should be autoDL ready and the newest versions (gets easy to mix up after like 10 versions)

If you see anything that seems out of place or needs fixing, feel free to post it here

Oh great, I just realized those pics show off my amazing FPS in the top corner >_>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:38:48 PM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
Re: TC/TSA Jungle Impact
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »
This is currently running on the ghost bear server. The TSA version is a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to playing the TC version.

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
Very beautiful map. Severe (in sense atmospheric - as a soul) Cool. Only it seems to me it is necessary to lower a little temperature (all the same a rain and it is cloudy) and cooling to make a bit faster.

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:13:57 AM »
Cool map!
But there is a problem - through clusters of trees is impossible to pass,  is that because the trees are indestructible.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:33:38 AM by ELH_KillThemALL »

Pubs are boring! Twinkletoes
Fundrops are fun!
Planetary League will makes me into ecstasy!

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »
Yeah I know, I actually used them as semi-walls so they are pretty much impossible to walk through and still block a good amount of fire

I mainly did this to even out the fact that one side has another crater with rocks as cover but the other does not

I may lower the temp down to 20 or 15 but jungles are known to be pretty humid anyway so not much lower than that

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »
For normal game on the server change of time of day and night needs completion, it is necessary to make it more slowly

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »
That map looks awesome thank you and a big difference to sandblasted or Mirage, or even Palisades, glorious green.
When I watch this I feel like when I came back from my morocco Summer Vacation........starved for green! :D
You can cut the atmosphere with a knife.

Would humid air increase heat dissipation or lower it?

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »
I only tested the map for maybe 15 minutes, but i am not sure if it is suitable for 'Mechs. So many rocks, so many trees - without jumpjets it is hard to maneuver over the map. During a fight the obstacles might be quite annoying, too.
Otherwise i really consider the map beautiful and unique. If you would be willing to do anything about the "rough" landscape, i might go from "meh..." to "Awesome!".

Humid air should increase heat dissipation.

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »
I only tested the map for maybe 15 minutes, but i am not sure if it is suitable for 'Mechs. So many rocks, so many trees - without jumpjets it is hard to maneuver over the map. During a fight the obstacles might be quite annoying, too.
Its not that bad. Think of it as partial cover.
It may be difficult to maneuver through the obstacles but this is where the better pilots will excel.

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »
Its not that bad. Think of it as partial cover.
It may be difficult to maneuver through the obstacles but this is where the better pilots will excel.
This

hell, even landing aeros to cap bases is pretty easy (besides the middle rock base, you gotta be really careful there)
I actually got rid of any tiny collidable objects so the only things you can run into are those that you can see clearly (besides bushes which are non-collidable)

Also just remembered that the altitude cap on the TC version is too high (450 instead of 350 I think) Will fix for next version for consistency
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:15:00 PM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 01:37:12 AM »
Sorry to bump, but my update is almost ready, and all I need is to decrease temp/increase heat dissipation and I don't know how

Help would be appreciated :-*

Got it, thanks Ancient
OP updated with new versions
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:07:17 AM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline CHH Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • "Helpful Atlas"
    • MW:LL
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 03:43:10 AM »
Hey Tripod, Great work man. I am trying to get some maps setup on custom and been going through all maps I can. These two don't seem to zipped correctly as they don't extract similar to all other map zip files. Usually I see Multiplayer in my zip proggy before extracting. I see Levels on both of your files above.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 01:39:04 PM »
That's the way it's supposed to be ;)

I had it the other way due to it sounding more logical, but if you actually look at how it is in the MWLL game folder, it's {Levels, Multiplayer, TC/TSA, Map} so I changed it

Offline CHH Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • "Helpful Atlas"
    • MW:LL
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 03:24:35 PM »
I am not sure how they are supposed to be. I am just letting you know that this is what I see on all the other zipped map files. They all show Multiplayer when you first open up the zip. I say this because I have unzipped about 40 of them and then got to yours and it ended putting the map files somewhere else.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
Yeah folder format should be multiplayer/Game mode/map name