Author Topic: TC/TSA Jungle Impact  (Read 8271 times)

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
Re: TC/TSA Jungle Impact
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 03:51:19 AM »
Does it run smooth?
well, the shadow reducing and draw distance lowering changes did help a LOT (depending on where you are in the map, of course), but high vegetation is always going to be pretty stressful on your computer, and many places on the map show a ton of vegetation at once (mainly looking down one of the sides) The center obviously runs smooth as silk though

the only thing I currently don't like on the map though is the ground texture and the way the grass (not the vegetation) works. It looks fine during the foggy time of the day, but at noon when the fog clears a bit you can see an obvious tiling pattern and see where the grass stops very easily. I want to keep that clear time of day as-is, but the fog covering is the only way I can think of to fix the problem :-\
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:41:18 PM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
Update again (TC version only, stopped support for TSA version)

Do not use the map on public servers for now, I've run into multiple issues during a playtest (many of which I already fixed but somehow forgot to save >_>) that I am currently fixing

Changes (not all completed):
- fixed the display for cap points (some disappear for your minimap after you cap them)
- fixed a missing texture (already fixed this but the texture path actually uses the material in TSA_Jungle Impact, not TC_JungleImpact)
- changed the crater a bit, so the inner sides have ridges you can climb onto and hide behind instead of just bieng a bowl filled with rocks
- aligned spawn groups and capture points so bases don't have 2 hexagons above them
- changed time of day so it doesn't get so clear and bright (mainly for graphical reasons but also to keep the "mood" of the map)
- forward spawn bays let you buy a unit and begin building it, but stop at 99% without giving your money back *working on a fix* (further testing shows that one works fine while the other doesn't even though they're the same prefab ???) *done*
- adding more lighting to forward bases so they're easier to see *done*
- clearing a few trees from roads

thank you for your patience :-X
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:28:24 PM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-0
  • What would a pirate do?
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
Update again (TC version only, stopped support for TSA version)
Just add a third Gamerule for TeamSolarisArena and people will be able to play TSA on the TC-map as well...
no need to make two different maps...

Code: [Select]
<Gamerules MP1="TeamSolarisArena" MP2="TerrainControl" MP3="TestofStrength"/>this sample is used for all our official TC maps so it'll definetly work.
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!
"I'm a piece of C.R.A.P."

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
I think I already got that in, which is why I'm not working on the second one anymore :P

but if you think what's causing the forward bay bug, please tell me. Otherwise I'll just try deleting it and copy/pasting the one that does work :-\
never mind, I figured it out. The link between the factory and spawn area was broken for some reason. It works fine now 8)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:14:57 PM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
hey Ses, just a few questions

on my map the order of TC and TSA in the xml is reversed (TC is MP1, TSA MP2) will that cause any problems?
also how do you get an image onto the loading screen? I really got no clue :-[

EDIT: I got an image on (currently just a screenshot with nothing else on) bit it cuts off the top and bottom of the shot and stretches it horizontally to fit the screen, making the picture distorted as well as removing a third of it. any way to get rid of this stretching effect and just have the image not touch the sides?

EDITAGAIN: nevermind, Duff came to the rescue :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:51:25 PM by =KoS= Tripod »

Offline (Wilson)

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
  • The Man
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 03:13:02 AM »
on my map the order of TC and TSA in the xml is reversed (TC is MP1, TSA MP2) will that cause any problems?

Nope, the order wont affect anything significant, it only matters they are present as valid game types for the map to use them...
"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment that which they cannot anticipate"
- Attributed to Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
Map is finally updated and ready for public use

I finished clearing random vegetation from the roads (in a few places grass grows over the edges, this is to enhance the look. but if you see a palm tree or other collidable object in the middle of your path, call me) I also updated the outposts, mainly using shipping containers and boxes to both enhance the look and provide cover. Also added some puddle decals to make it look more like a rainy day. Outpost update pictures below

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 10:46:45 PM »
Nice, I hope i get to see this in rotation somewhere

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 04:38:53 AM »
I like this map a lot, but if it's not on MWLLMaps.com, the autodownloader won't work, rig ht?

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 06:41:38 AM »
autodownloader does work, but it only shows the loading bar as either 0% (while loading) or 100% (when done) giving the illusion that it's not working

but yeah, I got no clue how to get it on MWLLmaps even though I now have an account on it >_>

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
So, where does the autodownloader pull it from, then? As far as getting it on MWLLMaps.com, I am sure someone could help you out with it. :) Also, is it up to date with 0.5.5?

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »
It should be able to just pull it from the link I gave on the first page of this thread shouldn't it?

I've had people get the map to autodownload before multiple times so there must be a way unless those people are just magic :P

Offline =KoS= Eldragon

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +91/-2
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »
It should be able to just pull it from the link I gave on the first page of this thread shouldn't it?

I've had people get the map to autodownload before multiple times so there must be a way unless those people are just magic :P

I got it up on Bulldog right now. It should work exactly as tripod described... but seriously someone needs to document how to use mwllmaps.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »
Ceiling is way too low. 340m? That's almost useless. Trolling the aero players to take aerospace. If you want to have the ceiling so low, stick to VTOLs. Currently there's no VTOL base. Use TC Lunacy as reference. I like the ceiling in Lunacy.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html