Author Topic: Unable to log in  (Read 2640 times)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Unable to log in
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »
Yesterday I finally decided to register at MWBU. Sadly I am unable to log in, I always get notified about either my password or my ID being wrong. I looked up my ID in the player list, and it was correct. I let my password send to my E-Mail address and it was alright. I tried to log in about 50 times and it just didn't work.

If anybody would be able to help me, I would appreciate it.

Also: Why is there no function to reset your password? And do you really need another account to be able to post in the MWBU forum? I hardly could get myself to create an account for MWBU itself! (Don't like to have that many accounts for different things.)

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: Unable to log in
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
Sometimes the notifications takes some time to arrive to the recipient when signing up on an smf driven board though it should be sent per auto if an administrator has not manipulated this default setting.

Clicking the Login tab and then "Forgot your password?" below the login box is the reset function in smf. Doing this will forward a new mail with a link to create a new password/login on the existing account, iirc.

MWBU is a community created addition to MWLL, afaik, as was the Forbidden Chaos Ladder League in 2010.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
I got the E-Mail immediately, no problem there. I clicked the link and supposedly activated my account.

The link you provided leads to the MWBU-forum, I wouldn't know how to login there (and I don't want to join, one forum is enough). After all, my account was created at ladder.mwbu.net.

My login still doesn't work, just tried it again. And since there is no possibility to delete my account, I have to live with another account I will never use (because I am unable to).

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »
Sorry I thought it was the actual forum that was the issue, not the ladder page. I didn't knew the ladder-page did not look up the forum account for the players ID/Account on the forum address.

An Admin of MWBU will hopefully catch this topic else contact them via pm on MWBU for your issue.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »
I am using special characters in my password, maybe they are not supported. Can somebody help me get a new password?

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 06:36:13 AM »
MWBU are using special characters in their posts so I would assume that the password is supported for this too. I only know of a bug in smf 1.1.X.

thEClaw try and pm 4204ME or Globel on this, they are the Admis iirc.

Offline 4204ME

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
    • MWBU
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »
sending any of the staff an email or pushing the support button would be a much faster way of getting help. I am looking into it now. The reason that we have 2 logins (one for ladder one for forum) is that we would have to code this into ladder or forum and we intend to use neither in the long run but rather something new.

Offline 4204ME

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
    • MWBU
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
fixed and sending PM