Author Topic: The Infamous C8 Turret Bug  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
The Infamous C8 Turret Bug
« on: October 20, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered this. You're in a BA, duking it out with some anti-BA vehicle, hoping you live to see your next kill, and you're just thinking "Hey, I'll C8 this bitch!" and then you crash and stay locked up for the next 10 minutes, then you have to restart because whatever happened left your RAM cluttered.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: The Infamous C8 Turret Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »
They say its a crash that it'll make you restart your PC, but in Windows XP you can ALT+TAB out of it. It doesn't seems to do nothing because it won't bring you to your Desktop, but its like you were there.

Then with key shortcuts, WIN key and pressing Up arrow twice, you can get to the Switch User option (without seeing it though, because Crysis should still be in front of your screen). After clicking on your same user profile all seems the same, but the Start bar should appear at the bottom now. That enables you to bring up Task Manager and kill the Crysis process.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.