Author Topic: Battle armor SSRM killing the user  (Read 12287 times)

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +56/-0
  • Delicious...
Re: Battle armor SSRM killing the user
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 04:34:21 AM »
I do not think this is caused by srms detonating on launch, but seems to be an issue with the launch itself - iirc whenever I get killed by this the missile seems to keep going without exploding.

Happens either way.

I think the location of the SRM launchers have been messed up and now are behind where the unit is. That may be a possibility.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:25 AM »
My own BA srms have only killed me once in the last two months. I think this is because every time I fire them I am in the air. Also, I think I am just very lucky. For jumping, if you dont want to use any of that precious jumpjet fuel, you can instead map another key to the BA jump that doesnt use the jumpjets:

To map an additional jump button for BA that doesn't use the jump jets find your actionmaps.xml file typically found "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Crysis Wars\Profiles\PROFILENAME\actionmaps.xml". Right click on the file and click edit. Hit ctrl+F and find “jump” (Not jumpjets, mind you). You will see under the jump entry a “<key name="space"/>” and another entry just below that, change that second one from whatever it is to <key name="lalt"/>

Watch out, every time you change your actionmapper you will have to go back in and change this. To make this easy I have a shortcut to the file next to all of my other MWLL icons. 
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline ACE FIGHTER

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
I think there is very simple way to solve. Move the spawn position of the missile forward a bit.

Offline madpeople

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-1
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:53 PM »
I think there is very simple way to solve. Move the spawn position of the missile forward a bit.
Will that solve it? The missiles don't seem to be hitting me when I die to them since I see them fly off and hit the target (which I assume they wouldn't do if they had already hit me).
Sometimes if I fire them with a little pause in between I see that the first one takes me down to around half health, and the second takes me down to very close to 0 health but I still survive. I thought a direct hit of one SSRM was enough to kill a BA (is it?).
If I double click to fire two quickly then I tend to die when it happens. Perhaps they are taking exactly half my health, and the pause between firings allows me to heal a little (there isn't a delay after last damage for healing is there?) hence why I survive with the pause and not with no pause. Though I might just have taken some damage already (though I don't think that's the case).

What's different about being on the ground vs jumping?
Why exactly(?) half lost per missile?

Offline Waffnuffly

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +73/-0
  • Up next on the Violence Channel: "Oww, My Balls!"
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »
Will that solve it? The missiles don't seem to be hitting me when I die to them since I see them fly off and hit the target (which I assume they wouldn't do if they had already hit me).

If the missile you see is clientside and the missile that does damage is serverside, that would explain the disparity. The serverside missile (i.e. the one that does damage) explodes on contact with your suit but makes no noise or impact effect, while the clientside missile effect continues on. That's how you can sometimes nail a target and not get it to connect, and/or miss entirely but still hear a hit beep. Same with AC20s and everything else that has that happen.

Offline Deathmancer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
Have you ever been hit by an MRM that was fired too close? it bounces off.
Would it still hurt me if my SSRM behaved like that?
The question is, does the physical impact of the missile cause damage that is seperate from the explosion?
Will it behave like an MRM fired too close if it was given a safety fuse?

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:20 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6eq6bgE0U#t=18m20s

So that should kill the rumblings that:

A) The SSRM bug is no big deal.
B) The SSRM bug is super-rare. I got this the first day recording. Actually, the SSRM bug is in other videos, too. Probably in this video more than once and I just wasn't paying attention because I'm so used to it.
C) The SSRM bug doesn't ever happen when you're airborne.
D) The SSRM bug only happens when you're moving quickly, especially forward; I was barely moving at all.
E) The SSRM bug is not a bug and is actually dumb people firing their SSRMs into nearby objects.
F) The SSRM bug is not a bug but instead LAMS intercepting SSRMs.

Offline Deathmancer

• Recruit
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
Omg skip to 20:05    its the 0.06 fubar c8!!!!

notice when the c8 explodes it doesn't happen on the Bushwacker but to the right of the player where he threw it.

roll back c8 to pre 0.6.0 code to fix yes ?

Offline PLEXI

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 01:13:47 AM »
I've never been able to replicate the SSRM bug consistantly, but depending on my length of play as BA I usually get it at least 5 times a play session(2-3 matches). The SSRM bug usually leading to or out right causing my death.

Shouldn't all missiles have an arming delay anyways? While it doesn't solve the problem it would at least be a quick fix to prevent BA users from killing themselves.

This. The charges can't be relied on at the moment, 75% of the time they simply seem to pass through the entire torso of the enemy mech.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:54 AM »
Omg skip to 20:05    its the 0.06 fubar c8!!!!

notice when the c8 explodes it doesn't happen on the Bushwacker but to the right of the player where he threw it.

I didn't notice that. Good catch, although I'd hope the current code is salvageable. Bleh, if I had been standing just a little to the right I would have gotten a suicide. :-/

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 05:16:17 AM »
If you can duplicate that issue with the C8, a bug report would be awesome. C8 has been in extensive testing lately.

*flies away on mobile aero spawn pad*

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »
I'd love for us to fix this but we don't really have the manpower to put into such a rare bug.
So far, good job in this thread isolating it.

You give us solid repro steps, we're more likely to fix the issue.
Tiz the benefit of having beta testers. ;)
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Deathmancer

• Recruit
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
The c8 "bug?" i repro it constantly unintentionally by just playing normally.

To me it looks like my c8 stick is client side because it sticks so well i even planted it on a moving bushwackers center torso while riding him! of course it didn't explode on the mech, probably because the real c8 is server side. I knew i could almost never stick c8 on a moving mech while riding it(unless it was xbox huge and slow) pre 0.6 so i waited for them to slow down before leading the throw.

I knew the crysis code for c4 was a little uhh bouncy but i got used to it and knew how to compensate, So did many others.

I think this is a case of if its not broke don't fix it and c8 wasn't broken but still got fixed. A roll back is in order.

Offline -SM-SUCKER

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +82/-0
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
Nice video!
And at 19:15 you see a missile colliding with a bush. If you would have been closer, it would have damaged/killed you.

But good thing you caught the bug on video, maybe this helps a bit to find the cause.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
Damn, I just realized I think I deleted a video I took where a C8 I threw BOUNCED off an enemy. I was so happy that I caught it, then the rest of the video was boring so I deleted it without thinking.

Actually, the SSRM exploding when it hits a bush is entirely client-side; it won't kill you. Notice that I get two hit registers later because both SSRMs hit. Rule #1 of BA SSRMs: The more it looks like the (locked) missiles made contact, the more likely it is that they didn't. :-P