Author Topic: MWBU webhost down.  (Read 7100 times)

Offline 4204ME

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
    • MWBU
MWBU webhost down.
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:51:28 AM »
We should be back on the after xmass:)

Offline Mitchpate

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
    • NetBattletech
Re: MWBU webhost down.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »
If you need any backend help shoot me a message.
Mitchpate
NBT Admin Team

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:42:03 AM »
Bump.
Xmass has already passed ;)

Pubs are boring! Twinkletoes
Fundrops are fun!
Planetary League will makes me into ecstasy!

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:40:37 AM »
nah Christmas lasts untill the Easter bunny begins to roam ;)

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline CHH Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • "Helpful Atlas"
    • MW:LL
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
We seem to have problems with BF3 keeping our host from coming up.  :o I have requested access to the new host but no response from 4204him yet.

I have a backup of the ladder and will put it back up on fcleagues.com until we can arrange another option for the domain name if we get no response from 420. We posted a thread asking input from people on the ladder and received none there so I figure folks had given up.
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,16272.0.html
The ladder script was functioning and passing data correctly to servers but we never got people together to finalize the testing. This system records all stats for matches and allows admins to verify matches that have been run in league mode. It gives admins control of the server to pull their matches without a server admin being available.

Max has been a blessing to us and has been working locally on the planetary side.

We need people interested in the league for it to flourish and without that it has gone to the wayside along with the release of BF3.

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »
To be honest the first season of league fcl was more interesting than the first season mwbu. FCL site was more convenient and logical. Scoring for each fight, not only for a series of battles and the game on different maps really diversified gameplay.
And I always wanted to ask you: When you've tried to create a planetary league, why do not you run the second season of FCL? ELH and especially I been waiting for!

And what prevents you do it now?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:43:54 AM by ELH_KillThemALL »

Fundrops are fun!

Offline CHH Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • "Helpful Atlas"
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
Nothing prevents me from doing it now and I still have all the upgrades I was working on with FCL but did not completely finalize it.

http://www.fcleagues.com/fcmwll/index2.php

I was having a problem with the caching of thumbnails for all the players and teams on the server. You can't really see the full interface unless you have a login and was on some of the ladders. There was still some work to do but that is where I left it.

If anything, I can start a new season of FCL and let MWBU run as well for players to have other options.

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 12:53:35 AM »
If anything, I can start a new season of FCL and let MWBU run as well for players to have other options.
It would be nice, good to hear it! If the second season will run without bugs, and will be easy to use - it will be fine, and will attract people and units to organized non-respawn games.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:02:01 AM by ELH_KillThemALL »

Fundrops are fun!

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 01:40:39 AM »
Bump.
DeathShade, so what about FCL League Season 2?
Will 2-nd season start? If answer yes, second question - when?

Fundrops are fun!

Offline CHH Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • "Helpful Atlas"
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 02:55:50 AM »
I will continue to work on it until it is ready. Without too much interest from the community, it is hard to find motivation to do it quickly.  I am sure ELH will be active but you need more than one unit to make things happen.  So the answer to when it will be back up is probably this summer. Sooner if there is enough interest and by that, I mean units on board to use it.

With MWBU, we couldn't even get units to do basic things like challenges on that ladder.  Pretty much all seemed to be waiting on the automation script that 420 was pushing for the ladder which would have helped reporting. That is working now and needed final testing.  When matches had problems running this script, they gave up on the ladder which in my mind shouldn't have kept units from just using the ladder to challenge and report matches. So MWBU is ready to go except for that testing and having it installed on FCL.

I want to play league matches as much as you do man. I wish people would learn to use the ladders and play on Legends Arena and MWBU. It would be a blast but I think I am as much guilty of causing the loss of interest with the stall of the start of Season 2 of LA and the problems with final testing on MWBU.

Offline linkinfrost

• Apprentice Dev
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 04:22:24 AM »
Hey deathshade, I'm curious how much interaction you can have with the servers themselves.

For example:
- Can your script restart the server with certain settings and allow players to submit commands to the match?
- Can you have users provide their gamespyID when signing up for the league, then the server recognize those gamespy IDs for interaction?
- Can you set up a voting system on the server to take user commands? Preferrably some users can control certain commands dependent on gamespyID?

Obviously I'm hinting at a ton of functionality if these hooks are available.

Offline CHH Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • "Helpful Atlas"
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 12:53:18 PM »
Hey deathshade, I'm curious how much interaction you can have with the servers themselves.

For example:
- Can your script restart the server with certain settings and allow players to submit commands to the match?
- Can you have users provide their gamespyID when signing up for the league, then the server recognize those gamespy IDs for interaction?
- Can you set up a voting system on the server to take user commands? Preferrably some users can control certain commands dependent on gamespyID?

Obviously I'm hinting at a ton of functionality if these hooks are available.

Yes, yes and No,Yes.
The GameSpyID is required for this to work. It has to be stored and validated from the script. The commands have to be part of the MWLL mod and are limited to restart, starting, reporting and ending matches so no voting commands. The reporting gives back kill,deaths, score and whether you lost or won the match. It is done only at the end unless you request a report during the match.

Offline 4204ME

• MechWarrior
    • MWBU
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
The planetary has been hosted since the first host went down here http://mwbu.max-worlds.net/. The ladder lacked interest from the community and our free game servers were eventually redirected by Globel to something he felt was more important. The MWBU domain is on a parked server. I have no trouble springing for a web host. I don't mind providing a an SVN capable host paid annually. However there would need to be some community involvement and dev cooperation to complete the project that we originally set out to create. The idea was to create an infrastructure that would accommodate the integration of new players into the active player base as well as promote the mod via web casts and tournaments. Instead we found ourselves having to work hard to get people to try/test the ladder. The TS server remained empty as there was another (effective) community TS and the planetary has only one dev working from the front end. The information required to begin working from the back end or even complete a final set of milestones was/is not really available.  The planetary is still there if anyone would like to assist Max in its development he is a very easy guy to work with and is responsible for 99.9% of the work done so far. The ladder is something that was to be eventually replaced by a "solaris arena" option within the planetary so it is difficult to justify developing it with its current "dated" code. While Deathshade has put a considerable amount of work into it his FCL version is probably better as it has actually worked with the automation and STATS REPORTING in the past. MWBU is and will always be a community driven project. Anyone reading this is welcome to pick up the reigns or lend support. I will be buying hosting in the near future to assist with other projects and I will put MWBU back up in its former state at that time. We may have some issue with recovering some of the database as Saraph's backup decided to overwrite the last good backup with the "not there anymore" database... However I know that we have what we need to make things work we may have simply lost stats from matches already played. If anyone has any questions or input please feel free to shoot me an email via these forums as I check my email daily.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:02:02 AM by 4204ME »

Offline 4204ME

• MechWarrior
    • MWBU
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »
We seem to have problems with BF3 keeping our host from coming up.  :o I have requested access to the new host but no response from 4204him yet.
awww you know its for u too

Offline DragulaDemos

• Legends Arena Staff
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
    • Forbidden Chaos
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »
Glad to see you back 4204ME!