Author Topic: 0.6.0 Weapons/Vehicle Stats (Damage, Armor, etc)  (Read 24502 times)

Offline Hiruma Kai

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +23/-0
0.6.0 Weapons/Vehicle Stats (Damage, Armor, etc)
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
Edit:  A link to thEClaw's post with 0.6.0 numbers is here
Remember to say thank you to thEClaw. :)

Edit:  In the interests of making the numbers accessible, and since Somaisum seems to have linked to the raw spreadsheet files rather than a simple clickable web page, I'm putting together some more google docs, minorly edited for clarity, and hopefully easier to use.

0.6.0 weapons: weapons
0.6.0 vehicle summary: vehicle
0.6.0 vehicle armor: armor
-----------------------------------------

Back by popular demand (Ok, ok, so only one person asked for it so far), the new, the improved MWLL 0.5.4 beta numbers. 

The fine print:
Use at your own risk, not responsible for damages caused by new Assault Mechs, and numbers are not guaranteed to be correct.

The spreadsheets at google docs are at the following links:
Weapons
Vehicle Armor
Vehicle Damage by Range
Vehicle Stats

Edit:  The following might be of interest.  Its a difference between the 0.5.3 and 0.5.4 stats for the weapons.  Its missing a few columns, but may still be interesting to some people.  Positive numbers means its larger in 0.5.4. Negative means smaller in 0.5.4.

Weapon differences from 0.5.3 to 0.5.4

I fixed the armor by location output this release.  Apparently some of my previous text files were empty...

To run the python script, remember to remove the .txt extension.  On windows, I use IDLE to run it.  It needs to be in the same directory that has an unzip of the GameData.pak from the mod itself.

I can put up text files of spreadsheets for download here if google docs isn't sufficient, upon request.

Edit:  It looks like there's a bug in the heat calculation for basic pulse weapons - doesn't look like I'm taking into account the 5 shots per burst, so the heat is roughly a factor of 5 too low.

Edit of Edit: I've found the bug, and fixed the pulse and clan pulse heat calculations.   They look closer to correct now.  I've updated the script attached to this post as well as the affected google docs.

Edit:  A request for a spreadsheet including heat per minute and damage per minute was made.  I've attached it as a csv file, attached below.  Just remove the .txt extension and load up into your spreadsheet of choice.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:52:36 PM by Hiruma Kai »

Offline Come and See

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
  • Thunderbolts, apply directly to the forehead.
Re: 0.5.4 Weapons/Vehicle Stats (Damage, Armor, etc)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »
Is Improved & Regular H-gauss right?

Offline Hiruma Kai

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »

I'm sorry, I may not be understanding your question.  In answer to the existence of both Improved Heavy Gauss (ImprovedHeavyGauss in the table) and Heavy Gauss (HeavyGauss), the answer is yes.

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
Any chance you could set these tables so that the headers always stay visible as you scroll down the list? Would be very helpful.

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline Hiruma Kai

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
I think I've frozen all of the 1st Rows and Columns.  If its still not working, PM me and I'll try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

Edit:  Anyone know if its intentional that the Blood Asp Externals IdComponent and Max Damage values are missing from the XML for the Prime, A, B, and C variants?  The D and E have them listed.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:52:05 PM by Hiruma Kai »

Offline Come and See

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
  • Thunderbolts, apply directly to the forehead.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:08:51 PM »

I'm sorry, I may not be understanding your question.  In answer to the existence of both Improved Heavy Gauss (ImprovedHeavyGauss in the table) and Heavy Gauss (HeavyGauss), the answer is yes.

The Improved Heavy Gauss is actually a downgrade from the Heavy Gauss is why I'm asking. 2 less shots and dmg. I thought they were reversed.

Can't confirm myself because I'm @ work.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 03:12:04 PM »

The Improved Heavy Gauss is actually a downgrade from the Heavy Gauss is why I'm asking. 2 less shots and dmg. I thought they were reversed.

The improvement of the IHG is the range. The regular HG as a damage drop off after 450 meters while the IHG has a longer range (800 vs 700) and no damage drop off. The IHG can deliver a 1932 punch at 800 meters while the HG can at most deliver 1050.2 damage at 700 meters. The IHG's projectile also flies slightly faster.

Offline Hiruma Kai

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

Edit: Beaten to the punch. :)

Ah yes, that I can answer.  The IHGauss does about 10% less damage and has fewer shots *but* it has 100m extra range and no damage falloff.  Past 450m, the Heavy Gauss falls of with 4.3 damage per meter.

At a range of 495m the IHGauss and HGauss are doing the same damage.  At a range of 700m, the IHGauss is doing 1932 while the HGauss is doing 1050, not quite twice as much.  Plus its got the extra 100m range.

Offline KingLeerUK

• Hawkmoth D arise!
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +534/-19
  • Hawmoth "D" Ascendant
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:31:11 PM »
Regular and Clan Pulse lasers now have 3 pulses instead of 5, but the damage per pulse has been increased for a net result of same damage dealt but shorter duration.
Proud vendor of Soon™, brought to you by the makers of Someday™, Make Me a Ticket™ and Let's Talk About it Later™

Never mistake "the audience" for "the community".

Offline RedHessian

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
Regular and Clan Pulse lasers now have 3 pulses instead of 5, but the damage per pulse has been increased for a net result of same damage dealt but shorter duration.
Oh I can already hear the cries of pulse lasers being too much of a twitch weapon now.

Offline KingLeerUK

• Hawkmoth D arise!
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • Hawmoth "D" Ascendant
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »
You pay for that twitch ability in heat and price, especially for Clan tech.
Proud vendor of Soon™, brought to you by the makers of Someday™, Make Me a Ticket™ and Let's Talk About it Later™

Offline Toth

• Project Director
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +107/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »
I wish we hadn't left that one out of the patch notes.... its kind of a biggie. Pulse lasers have been purposely tweaked to reflect their intended role. Shorter range but higher accuracy comes from quick bursts, not long ones. We feel it also more correctly reflects the intention of the weapon from CBT. Overall it should lead to a more enjoyable weapon with a specific role, rather than what it was, which was just a longer firing laser with a slightly different effect.

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
oh god the summoner's LPL is good now! :O

Offline KingLeerUK

• Hawkmoth D arise!
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • Hawmoth "D" Ascendant
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
Patch note accuracy is only as good as my ability to focus on 4 hours sleep and the voices in my head...

"SHUT UP ALREADY BETTY!"

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
Patch note accuracy is only as good as my ability to focus on 4 hours sleep and the voices in my head...

Do you hear the voices too??

/Merf - Blood for the blood god!