Author Topic: Another 3D artist  (Read 1853 times)

Offline 1singleSh0t

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
Another 3D artist
« on: December 25, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »
Name: Tom Koffeman
Position: Vehicle (Mechs) Modeler/Mapper/perhaps animator/basic texturing
Past Projects: I started modelling in the Flight Simulator community 3 years ago, I got "hired" at Enigma Simulations: http://www.enigmasim.com/
Ties to Mechwarrior: Mechwarrior 2 was my first game and I never stopped playing the Mechwarrior series ever since.
Other commitments: As stated above I also develop for Flight Simulator X but I can easily switch between the projects.
SAMPLES: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,16393.0.html ,  Flightsim:  http://www.enigmasim.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=913&st=0

Hope to hear from you guys soon ;)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:06:04 PM by 1singleSh0t »
Cheers,

Tom Koffeman

Offline 1singleSh0t

• Bondsman
Re: Another 3D artist
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
Also quick a few thing I would like to add:

At the moment I have alot of sparetime on my hands because of the winterbreak, right now I have alot of free time because i have no school coming 2 weeks. But also during periods of school I have enough sparetime to commit to modeling. Also I now the Nova wasn't the right choise If I wanted to get something in the mod, but happily model everything that is needed and please dont be scared by my "commitment" to Flightsim community, Like stated before I got loads of sparetime and can easily develop for both communties.

Though I understand that all of you have lives outside this MWLL (especially around this time of the year) but I am still hoping for an answer. Thanks you in advance and I apologize for my lack of patience.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:42:37 PM by 1singleSh0t »
Cheers,

Tom Koffeman

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
Hey there, thanks for the interest and application.

If you could, we'd like to see a couple examples of Low Poly/High Poly Models, UV Maps, Texture Bakes and an Engine Export before further review of applications.

At this point in the process if applying as an artist we need all new artists to be able to cover all the bases, be able to self-teach (as we don't have as much time to train anymore), and can prove that they can model the low poly game model, the high poly game model, UV Map the low poly for texturing and do bakes of the high poly for the UV'd low so the texture artist can paint (also, bakes prove your UV's are good), as well as export this model to the engine.

If you can provide this, we can continue with the review/application process and provide an art test.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline 1singleSh0t

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »
Yeah sure, though I need a few days to come up with something.
Cheers,

Tom Koffeman