Author Topic: Master&Commander self narc  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Grisnir

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
Re: Master&Commander self narc
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 04:04:26 AM »
The NARC launcher seems to be placed pretty low, so even if it does fly in a straight line to exactly where you are pointing, it does not follow your line of sight.

Yes, this would definitely happen with the Atlas for instance. But he was in a Raven, where the exit point of the NARC launcher is even slightly above the cockpit/reticule. Just watch flight pattern of a NARC closely. It may vary a lot, but after 100m or so for instance, it looks like the NARC missile suddenly "drops" down a little bit (while still flying straight ahead) and stuff like that.

i can confirm that, few day ago i had really strange flying pattern, i had line of sight of my target, the enemy Mech stand still and i had narc lock. each narc differed with a HUGE right twist. Non of my narcs hit target
I know, my english sucks. feel free to to correct me but do it nicely :)

Offline -SM-SUCKER

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +82/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
Narcs wont hit mechs moving sideways. Almost every mech moving at its top speed will be to fast for the poor narc missile.
Shoot the narc if the target is either stationary, or not running sideways.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Narcs wont hit mechs moving sideways. Almost every mech moving at its top speed will be to fast for the poor narc missile.

There is no inherent property of the NARC to miss every moving Mech. Learn to lead your target ;). It's just very hard to do, but it can still be achieved.

On the subject of other NARC musings: recently I had a game, where the fired NARC simply immediately vanished, if I had a lock on a target. I hear the firing sound and everything, I was not hitting myself or anything else, but the NARC simply immediately vanished. As soon as I removed the lock, the NARC fired normally.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
Any mech moving at top speed will be to fast for the narc (dependent on the angle it was moving in relation to you)

A limping owens at less than full throttle avoided a locked on narc yesterday because it was was hobbling at right angles to me.

...Learn to lead your target ;). It's just very hard to do, but it can still be achieved...

Very, very hard considering the projectile speed, sometimes possible when dumbfiring at something that changes speed/direction slowly, like a Huit!  But I'm with Dpooky, go for mechs that are stationary (just after having used JJ's is a good time to fire) or coming directly towards/away from you.
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.