Author Topic: Sign up for the Hawken beta.  (Read 14496 times)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: Sign up for the Hawken beta.
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »
I'm waiting for more scenario based game modes

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2014, 08:48:40 AM »
So i know its a bit old, but i just got into hawken. First impressions:

I like. Very japanese style mechs, but slow enough that i can understand what the hell is going on (COUGH AC 4answer COUGH).

Got a double kill in a 2 on one with my dear little reaper in my... 3rd game lol.

Might check out more in depth now, maybe play it off with my league commitment?
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Urishima }12thVR{

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-0
  • Abacus
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
I do play some Hawken every now and then. Not sure if I like their business/F2P model, but it is pretty fun. Unless you are playing 'Siege' and your teammates don't play the objective...
Ghiest: I suggest trying to control your forum torrettes with copious amounts of weed.

KingLeerUK: Right now playing puretech is like riding a bike without a seat; you're putting yourself through some unnecessary discomfort and everyone else on the trail is looking at you funny.

Bill: You're a massive gay. Let's bum.
Deathbane: Let's.

My Youtube channel filled with MWLL awesomeness!

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2014, 06:14:24 PM »
Hawken related, the most recent thing I did was input an early access code I received in my e-mail about the game transitioning to Steam. Still haven't re-downloaded it though. Remember having great fun with the sharpshooter, not giving a chance for the bastards running away to repair. I only played it around the time "Siege" wasn't added yet.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Urishima }12thVR{

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-0
  • Abacus
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:23 PM »
i think 'Siege' matches tend to give you more XP and in-game money as rewards, but they also often run longer than a 10 minute team deatchmatch.

I own a Raider myself. Only 480 HP, but you can dish out a lot of pain really fast. Love using my secondary as ghetto artillery and get a lot of assists by damaging a lot of enemies. It's absically a Grenade launcher.
Ghiest: I suggest trying to control your forum torrettes with copious amounts of weed.

KingLeerUK: Right now playing puretech is like riding a bike without a seat; you're putting yourself through some unnecessary discomfort and everyone else on the trail is looking at you funny.

Bill: You're a massive gay. Let's bum.
Deathbane: Let's.

My Youtube channel filled with MWLL awesomeness!

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
It's really not a bad little game.  That's it's problem unfortunately, it feels little.  It could be expanded into something really immersive, with some persistence or just some more goals, other than grinding for options.  Its gameplay is just too shallow for it to be addicting. 

It's F2P model is much better than MWO's, by leaps and bounds.  MWoah has probably lost a lot of its players due to this fact, and now a lot probably play Hawken.  Heck Hawken was regularly giving stuff away when it first launched, and the grind isn't nearly as bad, considering the game play is more skill based than asset based.

It's a good egg, I just get bored with it pretty quickly.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:50 AM »

its still an open beta though, so theoretically, there is still room to grow unlike COUGH something else COUGH :D
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:29 PM »
Like the others have said, it's a not a bad little game but there's not enough there to keep you coming back.